It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new and very lost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think I need some help with this website. I can't figure out how to reply and find anything I have said on this site. HELP

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Welcome

This place is huge and can be a bit intimidating when you're new. Happens all the time, LOL
There are two ways to find your posts.
The first is to go to the top of the page and click on the "my ATS" in purple. That willtake you to the threads you have posted in.
The second is to click on "find posts" just below what your post reads.

To find the most current posts, click on NEW posts in green at the top of each page.

Hope this helps, if not, ask away. You can also u2u me or any staff with questions.
You will be able to u2u members after you have made 20 posts.

JAK

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hello karie and welcome to ATS.

I'll second the sentiments already offered by DontTreadOnMe. If you have any questions, no matter what, feel free to U2U me.

Here is an excellent page which you might find very helpful indeed:It is an excellent resource and may well hold the answer for many of the questions that might come up as you learn you way about here.

Welcome again.

Jack

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Welcome karie.

What I usually do is everytime I make a post and want to check if anyone posts new messages to that thread is to add it to my favorites list.

To add a thread to your favorites list, while in the thread if you click on the up arrows at the bottom of the thread or just scroll all the way up to the top, you can click on the left side where the word "favorites" or something similar is listed. Then the thread will be added to your favorites list.

You can also click on "settings" from one of the top lines on ATS and you will be taken to a favorites list of threads that you created using the method above. The favorites list is sorted by latest postings. If you're new, I believe clicking on "New posts" works well too to see the latest postings by everyone.

You can feel free to U2U me as well. I still feel new myself but don't feel lost. To U2U just click on the "memCenter" near the top right. On the right side of the next screen you can enter the membername and message. Then click on send.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Your one stop location for help. u2u me, JAK, DTOM, or ANY moderator and they'll get to ASAP with anything you ask.

If you're a bit confused, Zedd's thread is great, but I also highly suggest reading through the FAQ. It's got tons of answers to basic questions (BBCode, posting, points, etc.). All that should be on Zedd's page, but if you're lost try the FAQ first - it's easier to follow.

Most importantly, ENJOY yourself here! Have a good time, look around, make some friends, and learn. And laugh a little. A lot, even. Especially if I post.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi. Nice to meet you welcome aboard.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, We all feel lost at first. but no worrys we are here to help guide you... and look you have took the first step by posting!

Just shout myway if you need me or see my thread where you can ask as many questions as you need (click link below)

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....
ATS hand book

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

Asala

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by karie
I can't figure out how to reply and find anything I have said on this site. HELP

It's entirely possible this poor new member has not seen any of these responses if she can't find anything she has said on this site. I thought of a U2U to give her the link back to all this great info, but she may not know how to access that till she sees this thread.

I only wonder since she hasn't responded. I'll send her a link via her E-Mail just in case.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hi Karie! We are all glad you are here, and you definetly have found the sight you've been looking for. Best wishes and welcome to ATS! Just explore all the possibilities, and trust your intuition. Our gracious moderators will not send you astray.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hello,
Hope you enjoy ATS. Yeah ATS can be a confusing place at first, i didnt even make an introduction post when i first joined! lol Good luck,
Dani

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I just wanted to thank everyone out there that has, at the least, tried to help me. I have been gone for a while and just read all the help ya'all have offered me. It has helped. But I still fill a little lost

THANK YOU

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
hey karie

Feel free to just shoot any questions on here or u2u me,

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your long stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
okay I got two questions, how do you do those signature things and how do you get just part of quotes and not the whole thing?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hi karie

Right first off signature, to do this click the settings button at the top of the page

www.djdohboy.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Then click the “edit profile” button (Circled)

Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you’ll see a box called signature (circled), write in here what you want to have displayed, then click the edit profile button (circled)

And presto its done.

Second is the edited down quotes, this is a quite simple one, on all posts
there is a quote button

Click this and it will take you the create new post page with the post already quoted in it, then simple write anything you want to add underneath or if you want to cut down the quote just highlight the bits you want to remove and hit the delete key (see below)

Hope this has been of help
Peace
Djdohboy
Super Moderator

[edit on 16-2-2006 by DJDOHBOY]

new topics

top topics

join