It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi y'all - anothe newbie's arrived

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hey guys. I'm Nocturne (usually abbreviated to Noc), I'm from the south east of England and I'm 31 years young.

I surfed in here while researching for a Roleplaying game I intend to run. I'm looking mainly for supernatural related research (El Chupa / Yeti / sasquatch / ghosts / spectres and the like), although a little conspiracy here and there can't hurt.

I couldn't help but notice a couple of threads that caught my instant attention, anything to do with Majestic-12 (something that until I found this place I thought was a work of fiction in the minds of the guys who created the 'Delta Green' supplement for Call of Cthulhu) and a thread on Tesla that I may go and add my 2c worth to.

Anyways I don't how much of use I'll contribute, but its nice to say hi and thanks for lettin me browse this place.

See y'all around.

Noc

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Good to have you around, nice to see a fellow UK member. Also from around the south east

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....
ATS hand book

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

Asala

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Noc!

There is lots of information and discussion here on many topics.

Take some time to look around and familiarize yourself with all of the boards including ATS for alternative and conspiracy related discussion; BTS for lighter subjects and chit chat; PTS for political discussion; and our very own news portal ATSNN.

Each board has several forums with it’s own assigned moderators. Whether your just reading or want to jump right in, we only ask that you follow the site's terms and conditions.

If you have any questions you can check these handy resources:

Zedd’s Handbook of ATS Links
The Frequently Asked Questions page
And my very own: Answers to FAQs not in the FAQ page

Also very handy is the search feature (on the tab menu just bellow the banner at the top of every page) to make sure you are not double posting something already being discussed.

If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to U2U a moderator anytime. There is always somebody online and you don’t need a minimum of points or posts.

Have fun and see you around the boards!

Now I dare you to tear yourself away from your computer!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm and speedy wlecome y'all.
I'll take a read thru the guidebook before I jump in with both feet I think.

Don't wanna go and make an idiot of myself within hours of being registered.

Thanks for the links.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Welcome to one of the best forums on the 'net, imho!

We have alot in common! I'm almost 31, from the south east of the U.S., say y'all, and run Roleplaying games too! There is some crazy ATS mojo goin on around here at the mo.

Hope you enjoy the site! Look forward to seeing you post on the boards!

Take it easy!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Scarilly yeah I type more like a guy from the southern US than a guy from the Southern UK (In fact a buddy of mine in Arkansas insists I'm more redneck than he is - I'm still not sure if that's a compliment or and insult) LOL

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Glad your 'round, look'n forward to see'n your posts!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Wow, so many sister sites, so many forum headings.
I could spend all year on here and still not read all the interestin stuff you guys post.
This place is a goldmine of stuff.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This place is a goldmine of stuff.

It is! It can be a little daunting trying to sort through it all, too.

Have you found the "search" feature yet? It seems to work best if you search for VERY short subjects, like one word at a time.

I see that you've already dug up and replied to an older thread rather than start a new one....you brought good information and alot of links with you, too. I'm impressed =)

[edit on 5/5/05 by Roadscholar]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Welcome Nocturne, i'm sure you'll enjoy your stay, lets hope the redneck thing is just a phase.

On the subject of "Bigfoot", I read somewhere recently that someone had some new video footage which was being aired on the Discovery Channel yesterday (4th May 2005), I couldn't find it when I did a search, but definitely read about it somewhere on one of the Discovery websites.

Being a newbie, don't forget to start a new thread asking what that secret link is at the bottom of this site, it's a standard initiation.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
roadscholar - always glad to impress (and I learned the hard way about stating my sources and not posting new threads to discuss old topics)
Search features are great - if you're looking for specifics, if you're more of a 'What's out there' kinda browser (like me) it becomes more of a hindrance

Koka - I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay here, and the redneck thing? isn't bein 30 yrs old a bit old to have 'phases'?
"p'raps I'll git mah gun and hickup truck and go shoot me some o dem sahn posts" LOL (OK I'm in the UK and I don't own a gun)
Like I said ... I search before startin a new thread ...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yes, the random browsing is fun! That's pretty much what I do here most of the time, too.

I like to watch the "New Posts" tab to see what the hot topic of discussion of the moment is sometimes, too.

Looks like you're finding your way around pretty good! I look forward to reading your posts.

Feel free to U2U me after you get your 20 posts if you want to!

top topics

join