It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Frustration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have been visiting this site for almost a year and a half now, browsing the forums and reading all the paranormal stories, etc. The reason im posting this is because I can't seem to get anything paranormal to occur, it upsets me because i have such an interest in reading about it etc. and I cant experience it first hand.

Now when I say I can't seem to get ANYTHING paranormal to occur I mean ANYTHING. No matter how many times i've tried the ouija board I can NEVER get it to work, I've done it with different friends, in different places, and even by myself. I have also tried contacting my angel guardian, I spent 2 - 3 months reading and trying / meditating to get questions answered, or to just talk to my guardian. Maybe dabbling with the ouija board has something to do with that but I dont know.

I've tried lucid dreaming and Astral projecting, I have been lucid once and not very long, it was very strange. I've been somewhere near astral projecting, I have just really relaxed myself, fealt vibrations, and heard wind in my ears. But never had a full experience. I also found that smoking and then trying to do these things (astral projecting / lucid dreaming) makes it a lot easier to get to a very relaxed state of mind.

The point is, as much as I try to experience these things, it won't happen, what can I do?

[edit on 1-5-2005 by xonbrokenwingsx]

[edit on 1-5-2005 by xonbrokenwingsx]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
With regards to lucid dreaming, and OOBE these are generally VERY long processes to achieve, I myself have yet to experience a planned OOBE or lucid experience. The problem with this is people get discouraged by the succes stories, and people who have a natural affinity for contacting their subconscious.
I don't know what tips to offer you because I myself suffer from your same problem, I can however recommend a great book on achieving conscious astral projection, Astral Dynamics. I started reading it earlier in the year, but classes and work have sucked up all my free time and I intend to finish it this summer. I've heard of many people saying this is a very useful book, I'd at least take a look at it if you want to look at some new directions in attempting Astral Travel. Don't get discouraged, if it were easy everyone would be doing it.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
With regards to lucid dreaming, and OOBE these are generally VERY long processes to achieve, I myself have yet to experience a planned OOBE or lucid experience. The problem with this is people get discouraged by the succes stories, and people who have a natural affinity for contacting their subconscious.
I don't know what tips to offer you because I myself suffer from your same problem, I can however recommend a great book on achieving conscious astral projection, Astral Dynamics. I started reading it earlier in the year, but classes and work have sucked up all my free time and I intend to finish it this summer. I've heard of many people saying this is a very useful book, I'd at least take a look at it if you want to look at some new directions in attempting Astral Travel. Don't get discouraged, if it were easy everyone would be doing it.

What is this book you speak of? I'd like to check it out. Schools out soon and ill plenty of time to look into it.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. Here's the amazon link www.amazon.com...=1114986937/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/002-9353875-9820826?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

The first few chapters are fascinating, (and I've heard the rest of the book as well,) and approach it from both a scientific and spiritual basis, I'd strongly suggest it.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Baphomet79]

new topics

top topics

join