It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism vs. Hedonism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What's the difference between satanism and hedonism?? I mean 'actual' satanism, not mere 'i'm a goth long live satan mwa haha"

Does satanism fall into wiccanism? Wicca's very unorganized, but the wiccans I knew were adamantly not satanists. One of them even pointed out an actual satanist that he knew and was very wary of. Don't know what to make of it.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think it is best to look at what they are not. Both Satanism and Hedonism is an abandonment of agape (unconditional love). In this way, they are the same.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Raphael_UO]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Okay, maybe I got that backwards. Just all aerobics instructors.

But they aren't hedonists at all.

I've seen documentaries on actual Satanists (who don't believe in Satan by the way) where they absolutely reject the notion that they either are or condone hedonism.

The main reason being it would shorten your life to eat, drink and screw all you like. It's moderation is all. It's not hedonism, epicureanism or stoicism.

To hear them tell it, we're all Satanists. They just happen to be honest about it. Do as though willst, as an animal. For that's what you are. But an animal doesn't gorge itself or kill for pleasure or get drunk for that matter does it? The moral code isn't "relative" at all. It's concretely based in what's good for you, your family, your community, your job. It's personal responsibility, dominance of self, control of your life. Not for the weak minded.

It's just a poorly named philosophy is all.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Does satanism fall into wiccanism?

The three witches I know would get VERY upset if you
were to call them satanic or satanists. From what they
say .. No, Satanism doesn't fall into Wicca.

But you asked a good question. Gotta' think about it
for a while. I'm not 'up' on satanism. Would you think
that hedonism is a worship of self? hmmmm....
gotta' think about this.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Have a look at theory-practice tab on the following site,
I't will tell you many things

www.churchofsatan.com...

as for Hedonism, I can not comment.

join