It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maurice Strong, and Agenda 21

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Anyone out there know Maurice Strong? I hope so because he was in position to become the most powerful man in the world. He's in a little trouble with the UN now for nepotism (hiring family, he hired his stepdaughter) and he is hot water for the Oil for Food scandal. In which the UN (who now controls the supply of oil out of Iraq) traded Iraqui oil for food (see www.cbc.ca...)
He may not be all that powerful now, but he definitely holds many bleow the radar positions on myny NWO organizations. (there's a lot, just google search him)
He was origianlly hired by the UN as a member Commission on Global Governance. One of the things he helped draft is Agenda 21. A new global policy dedicated to sustainablilty and sustainable development.

check it out here:
www.un.org/esa/sustdev/agenda21.htm

It is a really in depth Agenda, that has already been signed into policy. I'm wondering if anyone out there has anything more.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
never heard about him or this,
but i will look into to study more about this.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I know he's a Canadian who is an officer Order of Canada and a member of the Queen's Privvy Council (the Canadian equivalent of the old boys club). One frighteningly powerful individual involved in what look's to be major corruption at the highest levels of government and the UN. Once head of Ontario Hydro.

I googled and found this:

Agenda 21: The U.N. Planning Guide for Your Community

Can you say New World Order?

More @ Maurice Googled

More later....

[edit on 1/5/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yup...I know who he is...one of canada's elite, he was in control of a major utility when I first heard of him, about 10 years ago. He seemed like a smiling buddha, and to those gobsmacked workers a decade ago, the NDP must have seemed like a good thing...but not for long with Mo and his workers, believe me, I know, cuz I was working for that utility.

We hadn't yet learned that a labour government could sometimes seem as if they were going the opposite way...which, IMO, they did...setting the stage for a revolutionary neocon Conservative government under Mike Harris and his Common Sense Revolution.

It was more revolting than revolutionary and just wound up costing the
taxpayers a bundle.

Knowing there are many Ontarians here at ATS, I won't bore anyone with the details, but, I am glad they're gone...even if we seem to be stuck in a liberal wilderness for now.

Maurice went on from my purview to the International Monetary Fund, and in his capacity there more than likely caused considerable neocon ripples.

Then to the UN and his embarrassment...forget the nepotism...that's just normal behaviour for megalomania...it's the 'oil for food' scandal that seems off. I always took him to be very careful...a details man.

I believe he was also CEO of Petrocan...a large gas bar retail chain throughout Canada as well as refineries in the western provinces and large holdings in Ontario.

This man is no small potato...he is one of the leading lights of 'cutting edge thinking'. His stature among the world business community is that of King of the World.

Maurice Strong is Bay Street gone global.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by masqua]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Agenda 21 looks to just be a board within the UN that implements Sustainable Development.

Whats it got to do with the NWO? I mean, simply because its part of the Un shouldn't be enough to qualify no?

We are confronted with a perpetuation of disparities between and within nations, a worsening of poverty, hunger, ill health and illiteracy, and the continuing deterioration of the ecosystems on which we depend for our well-being. However, integration of environment and development concerns and greater attention to them will lead to the fulfilment of basic needs, improved living standards for all, better protected and managed ecosystems and a safer, more prosperous future. No nation can achieve this on its own; but together we can - in a global partnership for sustainable development.

This isn't, strictly speaking, the NWO. Its just an agreement, between various countries, to work for sustainable development.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Agenda 21 looks to just be a board within the UN that implements Sustainable Development.

Whats it got to do with the NWO? I mean, simply because its part of the Un shouldn't be enough to qualify no?

We are confronted with a perpetuation of disparities between and within nations, a worsening of poverty, hunger, ill health and illiteracy, and the continuing deterioration of the ecosystems on which we depend for our well-being. However, integration of environment and development concerns and greater attention to them will lead to the fulfilment of basic needs, improved living standards for all, better protected and managed ecosystems and a safer, more prosperous future. No nation can achieve this on its own; but together we can - in a global partnership for sustainable development.

This isn't, strictly speaking, the NWO. Its just an agreement, between various countries, to work for sustainable development.

You make a valid point, however it is an agenda, not a proposed idea, not a draft of a document. It is a finalized agenda. It is an order and structure for a new system of development, that basically tries to eliminate urban sprawl. It is a new way of life. It changes how we will be living in the future. It is a system to regulate and maximize efficiency and profit within the society. I did not attack it as negative, but merely pointed out that it is a future agenda to bring a different type of order to the world. Along with new developments in technology, we will be forced to create new laws, it is a universal truth .

The one thing that worries me about the document is the fact that it is so open ended. If left to the "neo-cons' that drafted it, who knows what will become of it? I am bringing to light something that seems subtle and nice, and yet throughout its drafting was very "under the radar."

It may not be the biggest conspiracy fish in the pond, but any fish that eats like this one does is bound to grow into a lunker. It is a system of new world order.

The document justifies an end, it doesn't provide a thourough analasys if the means. In this nature, it is a logical fallacy (scarce means). However, it would be impossible however to accurately portray a means to this end, we will just have to work it out as we go. The problem is that every system is corruptable by some means, and this one has dollar signs stamped all over it. Maybe if we had put some thought into the war in iraq, before we acted, we might be able to bring our troops home on some REAL schedule. I am trying to emphasisze that we might be setting ourselves up for another struggle on the home front, as well as abroad, because the UN doesn't have an army worth using. Guess who will have to step up and promote this agenda globally? America. Any country who deosn't go along with this will have to be basically coerced into the future by the arrow or the olive branch.

Thanks for bringing it back to the topic.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

top topics

join