It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preparing your children to avoid the draft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard
Yep - lets ask a child what do they think about North Korean and Iranian Nuclear aspirations - whether its worth dying for. Its a good job probably the most selfish and egotistical demographic arent making more important decisions than whether they want sprite or coke with their happy meal.

Sometimes people on an individual basis are incapable of making rational decisions. Its the prisoners dilemma - an individual would be motivated to shirk any possible military service hoping that everyone else will go. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what would happen on the aggregate scale if everyone took this personally rational position.

Nobody wants to die during military service but if everyone took this selfish view there would be no military and no defence of our way of life and morals.

Umm ok, firslty I'm eligable to be drafted and I do care about politics, same with quite a lot of people my age.
We arent kids, we do care what happens in the world and have opinions.....just no one seems to care or listen.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I've prepared my children against the draft. I have told them to never vote for Democrats. Because looking back at recent history, it is Democrats that want the draft, and Republicans that don't.

IMHO Politics is one things parents should no force opinions of on their children. Parents should allow their own kids to form an independent opinion on politics and its canidates. If kids listened to every little thing parents tell them to do now a days nobody would be independent and we'd all me like robots.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Parents should provide a platform whereby their children can undertake an impartial, morally and intellectually superior position of society and human development.

Most importantly be able to see all the sides of an argument and the resultant effects of taking one side of such an argument.

Religion has served in many cases an excellent value system whereby people know by what morale and value systems have resulted in a predictable and rational exchange system. Under the Geological and global scene, whereby there are discrepancies between religious beliefs and rational responses it is logical to remove all religious methodology from country governance - common rules such as human dignity, honour and trust wont fall far from the mark of mutual respect and the core human dignities - irrespective of religion.

Children must also realise their importance in the future - remain receptive to all aspects of arguments. Parents will fail when they impose a particular view of the world without a rational explanation of their views.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join