It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Channel's Alien Planet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This documentary looks great. I will definately check it out. Going by the history of life on Earth we're much more likely to find non-sentient alien life. We should forget Mars and the moon and send a probe to Jupiter's moon Europa. Under all that ice is likely to be an ocean of water. With that much water there is no telling what we might find.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
It is posible to be overly paranoid and conspiritous to, just so everyone knows.

I know, haha. It'll be enternaining either way.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
I'd rather see shows that present facts, and key insider witnesses rather than computer generated imagination. Lets get real here or we'll turn this who subject into fantasy land.

Here's your show in it's entirety:

"We don't know jack #."

I welcome creativity and speculation.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well if this series is like the previous series they did on Dinosaurs or the more recent Animal Planet special on Dragons then it will not really be a complete fantasy because it based on the best educated guess and science.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Hey, I'm all for desensitization when it comes to Alien Life.

Let's get the public warmed up!!! And let'er rip!!

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This looks awesome im gonna watch

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Is this another one of those imagination festivals like that show The Future Is Wild?

Bing! Bing! Bing!

Still should be interesting though....

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This airs tonight (5/14) on the Discovery Channel from 8-10pm EST. Just a heads up!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
That was horrible. I had to turn it off. Eh. Do not watch this. I found it interesting that it was based on the book "Expedition" maybe Ill read that

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I will not lie, I was at first semi-excited about this show.

After watching, however, that feeling has completely subsided.

They should stop feeding us this speculatory bulls*** and just go ahead and give it to us. I don't want to see what some scientists 'think' an extraterrestrial and their planet looks like, especially when it comes out looking like Toy Story and Alien's love child.

I apologize for offending anyone, if I have; I am just getting way too sick of all the 'what ifs' and 'could be's.

spartacus out

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I just watched it and found it interesting. There were a lot of creative ideas in it. I thought the animations looked very similar to things from The Fifth Element movie. Anyone else see this?

I believe though that if and when we find life on another planet that we will find a lot of similarities to life on this planet. I think that there are inherent rules in nature that dictate whether a species will survive or not. And the rules don't change from planet to planet. This is why I would not be surprised that aliens form another world would be humanoids like ourselves.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I didn't get my hopes up too high for this show, therefore I wasn't really disappointed after watching it. I thought it was pretty cool. Whether or not you want to give up 2 hours of your life that you'll never get back, well that just depends on the individual. It's not like most of you have anything better to do, like make contact with females! So go watch it!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I can't believe I missed it! I was really looking forward to seeing it.

Oh well, reruns it is!

[edit on 5/14/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus2
I will not lie, I was at first semi-excited about this show.

After watching, however, that feeling has completely subsided.

They should stop feeding us this speculatory bulls*** and just go ahead and give it to us. I don't want to see what some scientists 'think' an extraterrestrial and their planet looks like, especially when it comes out looking like Toy Story and Alien's love child.

I apologize for offending anyone, if I have; I am just getting way too sick of all the 'what ifs' and 'could be's.

spartacus out

The problem with your logic is that we don't know what an alien world does really look like. It could be anything including what they showed.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
i was quite dissapointed, i turned it off when they showed that one thing with the glowy orange core or whatever. and the probes reminded me too much ofvultures, just didnt seem like they were robotic, but i thought the ameoba sea or whatever was cool. also i enjoyed watching steven hawking, he seems like a genius, and his set up is amazing, i thought that was really cool, and the only parts i looked forward to were the parts where they talked to the scientists or a commercial break for me to get on the computer.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It was amazing! I've been waiting for about 2 months now and was not dissapointed. I thought the strangest to conceive was the sea that seal inself up. Then I saw what walked on it. A creature 7 stories tall, that eats with it's feet as it lumbers along the gel-like sea. Completely mindblowing! The Daggerwrist was quite interesting, but quite hostile. The Bladderhorns reminded me of huge wild boars that with bioluminescent deer-antlers that communicate with high-pitched dolphin squeaks.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Anybody notice the language the scientists were using? They spoke in "this animal" does this, not "we think" an animal like this would do this. This definatly give the impression that somebody actually saw this/researched this and is reporting on what was actually seen.

Granted this is a "what could be" show, but they sure talked as if it was real.

The language reminded me a lot like I was listening to a politician who was telling a misleading truth. They tell you the truth with out actually telling you the truth. Very double speak type of language.

Kind of makes you wonder

[edit on 15-5-2005 by 750Aero]

[edit on 15-5-2005 by 750Aero]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Good insight! I picked up on this too.

David Icke talked to a African Shaman (named Credo[?]) that asked if the producers of Star Wars & Star Trek had an inside track to alien creatures (as in a sedative for when they do show themselves). He claimed elsewhere that Royality (like the British) in their real form look like Darth Mohl(?), with a crown of horns encrusting their skulls. Interestingly, George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars was on the special. I forget what he said because I was blown away, but I'll watch it again. Go to www.discovery.com for a video trailer & rerun times in your time zone.

If you are interested in the David Icke interview with the African Shamen, go to www.freedomfiles.org/davidtv/lecture/ from book tour for The Biggest Secret. The clip could be found around 12 minutes into the third video, although I highly suggest that the whole lecture is vital to understanding our history (and more paletable[?] to most if viewed from the beginning).

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What I would like to see in this "what if" series of shows on Discovery is a what if there had not been Extintion level events on the earth? No meteor strikes, no Caldera eruptions, no other mass destructive events. Where would the inhabitants of the earth be then? Think of the possibilities.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I was very dissappointed in the show, the most common phrase heard was "as on earth...."

I was hoping for more creativity, organisms that didn't resemble creatures on earth at all ...

BUT

the probes they showed behaved almost exaclty the way UFO's are reported to act in most sightings on earth.....makes ya think.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join