It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Can't remove Nail.exe/Aurora Pop Ups from my computer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Right I keep getting these Pop Ups on my computer with Aurora on them, long story short I downloaded a trojan horse and can't remove it all.

There's this one file called Nail.exe but it can't be removed no matter what program I use. The longer this stays the more other infectious programs arrive.

I've even gone into Safe Mode and removed Nail.exe manually, but it always comes back. You think it's gone and then it's back, it's really annoying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
have you tried spybot www.spybot.info... it should do it. And it's free.

Here is a couple more that are free

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.05

Microsoft Windows Antispyware Beta

ewido security suite download

edit
search on Nail.exe

from what I have read only Kill Box can remove it, I don't know, but here is the download. link

Download this file, extract it, and run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, allow it to do so, and hopefully your file will now be deleted.

I us Spy bot and ewido and have no problems I hope on of these programs fixes you up.
Sauron

[edit on 1/5/2005 by Sauron]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Bad trojans typically have more than a few registry entries. You might want to try searching your registry if you know what you are doing. Do not delete ANYTHING that you are unsure of. Bad juju can befall one for doing something so unwise

Just incase you are not sure how to check your reg:

(Win XP) open cmd prompt. Type "regedit" without the quotes and press enter. A reg window will pop up and you can browse your reg from there.

[edit on 5/1/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Cheers guys, I've tried both spybot and ad-aware already with little success. I'll try that Kill Box now...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
That's it, I've tried everything and it just remains there. It's pissing me off now...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
sorry to hear this, this things piss me off, and I hate to give advice about deleting files LOL.
I did some more searching and came up with this forum where they are talking about Nail and Aurora, there's a lot of crap to go through to remove them from what I read at this link
Geeks To go and they are using Kill Box.
good luck.

edit
the Uninstaller My PC tune up .com

[edit on 1/5/2005 by Sauron]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hi John,

I found some other links about it on the Geeks to go site.

Here ya go.

They talk about something called L2MFix.exe to help remove it.

Heres a thread that loosely explains how to us Hijackthis

Best of Luck

top topics

join