It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome a new ATS member, concept

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hello, all! I officially joined the site about.. a month ago or so, but I decided to take my time and read around the site before posting. So here I am!

I'm an academically trained philosopher, particularly in the areas of bioethics, science, social and political, and mind. I also know a lot of early modern and historical philosophy, the history of medicine, science, and math, and enjoy my personal interest in determinist philosophy.

I hope to bring a few things to this forum. First would be other personal interests and studies into theoretical sciences (physics, biology, and chemistry), as well as bringing a different approach to paranormal experiences. I would like to bring in my own personal research, as well as citing academically accepted research, into ATS discussions. Further, I would like to help with research and perhaps bring up some new topics to research, thus progressing ATS with a wider range of topics without taking away from its academic nature (the studies, that is). And last, I hope to bring some other differing opinions to some topics without coming off as an "extreme skeptic", but rather as a conservative Devil's advocate.

I look forward to participating at ATS, and I hope I find my way around easily.
Thanks in advance!

[edit on 1-5-2005 by concept]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
welcome to ats!

as a very old video game intro put it. well now another visitor, stay awile, STAY FORVER
(sorry couldn't resist that one).

it sounds like you can debate on several subjects with your backgound.
. can't waite to see what all you have to say.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thanks, I can't, either! I'd really like to get into some of the debates at the forum. Looks like a hell of a lot of fun!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of good debates already.

JAK

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hey concept and welcome to ATS.

Here, by way of a welcome present, it the excellent Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links a fantastic first stop should you have any questions.

Welcome again.

Jack

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Welcome!

You seem interested and well-versed in a lot of areas I myself find fascinating. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

If you have any questions ever, don't hesitate to u2u myself or any other mod, we'll gladly help you. Go to JAK's link, and I'm sure you can find the Terms and Conditions up top with the Avatar Guidelines and General Etiquette.

If you wanna debate, just wait a bit. A new debate should pop up in no time, they're very popular (I love em myself).

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Glad you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your stay!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hi concept!

Can't wait to read your contributions. Welcome welcome!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Bienvenue, concept! Look forward to seeing you on the board! Enjoy!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Glad to see you here, Doc.

Now, here's a bit of philosophy for you; see the beer fridge in the far corner with a sticker on it that says, "TC's, touch it and die!"? Do you think I mean you will surely die after a few years, or do you think that this follower of the second amendment is serious about the ownership of the beer over there?

Take your coat off and enjoy your stay. The smoking area is in the back.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Now, here's a bit of philosophy for you; see the beer fridge in the far corner with a sticker on it that says, "TC's, touch it and die!"? Do you think I mean you will surely die after a few years, or do you think that this follower of the second amendment is serious about the ownership of the beer over there?

Well we can get a few things out of that, really.
First, you can tell it means you (in a general sense) because "touch it and die" is a fragment without the [You] understood. So what you want is, "TC's; touch it and die!", in which case, yes, I would think that the reason I would die was because I touched it, and the act of death would come about from TC. And further, while the time range can't be necessarily inferred, I would ASSUME it would happen rather quickly.

Thanks for the comment!

top topics

join