It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis - In the beginning.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
In the beginning, (if this is truly the beginning) the Universe was without form, and void. And the darkness was upon the face of the deep. Faster than the speed of light, high energy radiation moved upon the face for a thousand years. The expansioned cooled enough for matter to overtake the radiation. And then there was hydrogen, and dimension. The hydrogen spread in eddies and coalesced. And the there was light. Divided by the darkness. The light created helium,and then lithium, beryllium, boron, cabon etc........ As the stars formed in the heavens, grew massive and died, the heavy elements formed and moved upon the fabric. A million years of growth passes as rudimentary galactic formations become the firmament. And it wasn't percieved as good or bad, it just was. The expansion moving upon the void unchecked caused time to become a consideration. Glory to the star that explodes, for these are the elements to build life. And so over billions of years, elemental fragments of long dead stars, adrift on the gravitational waves of a universe accelarating out of control, became bound unto the other. The waters gathered into one place, but in many places throughout the cosmos. And on the Earth, dry land. And the waters became the seas. And it was good. (for us, anyway) Religion has been used to control humanity for far to long. Religion is all a big farce that far too many people buy into. We Are God. We agree the Universe exists, and it does. This is our creation, for our enjoyment. Don't let those that need to have control spoil the fun for the rest of us................................. Just a thought

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
or dont let your control spoil it for the rest of them

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
or dont let your control spoil it for the rest of them
touche, your foil is sharp. But the game has many players. And those that seek power are in the minority. We needn't be sheep, and walk blindly into the slaughter house.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
But who admits to being led to slaughter?

How many are in line, AND on-line?

Yet, they are not on-line to stop themselves from making a mistake or to learn, they are on the Net sheep-herding everyone else, barking at those who dare suggest they are in line for slaughter.

They say, "You are just being negative. Stop ruining the fun for everyone else."

Well, as soon as we identify the slaughter, we can have fun! But why ignore it altogether? Oh, it hasn't happened recently (God's wrath, large-scale destruction), it won't happen again

(This is the mindset of those who believe that because God said he wouldn't flood the world again, that large stretches of land won't sink again, or be flooded by tidal waves, or otherwise destroyed by water)

All it takes is time. The question is:

Do we deserve it? Why now?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
(This is the mindset of those who believe that because God said he wouldn't flood the world again, that large stretches of land won't sink again, or be flooded by tidal waves, or otherwise destroyed by water)

All it takes is time. The question is:

Do we deserve it? Why now?

We'd deserve it because governments put money, power and religion above taking care of the planet.. hence the hole in the ozone layer. If the 'world' ends.. it'd have nothing to do with disrespecting god but disrespecting the planet. Despite religions being based on mythology.. it's still held in a higher regard than the scientific facts we already have that can prevent such disasters.
Of course if the all ice caps caps melted and we all started drowning tommorow people would start apologising to god profusely for their sins.:shk:

[edit on 1-5-2005 by riley]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
On a philisophical note there is one thing that can never be answered:
----What was there just before the beginning?----
Everything must start somewhere - but what was there before that.
If god created the universe what was there before God? Who created God? Did God live an eternity before creating the universe?

If the Big bang created the universe what was there before the big bang? the big collapse? Did the universe collapse into a single point and then explode again? if so, what was there before that? an endless circle of expansion (explosion) and contraction (collapse)? Where did it all begin? God? Back again to square one.

Do I hear the twilight zone theme in the background??

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
In the beginning, (if this is truly the beginning) the Universe was without form, and void. And the darkness was upon the face of the deep.

It actually says the earth was void and without form. I'm looking at that chapter right now and I guess I never really paid close enough attention before, but it looks like God made the earth first and then the rest of the universe after that. Thanks for this thread, because of it I learned something new.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

In the beginning, (if this is truly the beginning) the Universe was without form, and void. And the darkness was upon the face of the deep.

It actually says the earth was void and without form. I'm looking at that chapter right now and I guess I never really paid close enough attention before, but it looks like God made the earth first and then the rest of the universe after that. Thanks for this thread, because of it I learned something new.
Not to do a chicken and egg thing, but the first line of genesis is "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth". Heaven being first in the sentence could be interpreted as being first "The Heavens", (space). But they seem to be equal, and created at the same time. Space without matter to produce or exchange energy can have no time. Owww...... my head hurts......
IS THAT GOD KNOCKING????????

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
On a philisophical note there is one thing that can never be answered:
----What was there just before the beginning?----
Everything must start somewhere - but what was there before that.
If god created the universe what was there before God? Who created God? Did God live an eternity before creating the universe?

If the Big bang created the universe what was there before the big bang? the big collapse? Did the universe collapse into a single point and then explode again? if so, what was there before that? an endless circle of expansion (explosion) and contraction (collapse)? Where did it all begin? God? Back again to square one.

Do I hear the twilight zone theme in the background??

Not all that difficult to answer. Everything has to have a beginning. You are right about that. Even time had a beginning (I'd assume it started sometime along with the creation of the rest of the universe). There can be no such concept as "what was there before time was created?". The very definition of time negates such a question. Before time was created, there just was. God just was. God didn't live an eternity before creating the universe. There was no time before that.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Right brandt!

The heavens and the earth. The earth was the only thing there. It was AFTER that , that He made the sun, moon, stars.
The big bang just doesnt quite work.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
ahem...
jake...2 posts above yours is the answer to that.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. "Heavens AND the Earth". Earth and all in space (stars, planets, etc).

The referrences to stars later are with respect to "giving light" to Earth. This doesn't mean that stars were created then, it just means that their light reached Earth by then (the 3rd day). This works well with the big bang theory, showing that it takes longer for the light from stars further away to reach earth.
You can't really deny the big bang theory. It works well to explain why the universe is expanding (and that expansion has been observed). If there was no big bang, what happened when all the stars/planets were together? If earth was created first, it would be logical (considering the perfect Artist God is) that the Earth would be in the centre of the universe. Do you claim the earth is in the centre of the universe, jake?

Baah.. I dunno why I am defending the Genesis creation theory. I mean, plants and vegetation before the sun and stars? Light and darkness before the sun? That would mean that the sun is not the actual source of light. Unless....(and I am going out on a limb here) "light" refers to "energy", which was created by separating energy and anti-energy from nothing.

top topics

join