It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Disturbed Some One? (Revisited)

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

What room was he in chewing on shoes?

Will he go back up stairs? How does he react?

Where were the other dogs? Was there any reaction from them?

Not that you should post a picture of him...but it would be nice to see the cute new addition to the family! By the way, what made you decide to get him?

I'm sorry... too many questions.

Peace and love.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Well, I ASSUME that at the time he got spooked he was where I found the slobbered up pair of my grandson's sneakers - which was in the master bedroom. I don't know that for a fact, but I can say that when I heard him start running when he freaked out, he was coming from the east side of the upstairs, which would be around the area where the shoes were lying.

He's a puppy, so he kind of lopes instead of runs at this point, so when he starts running it is REAL loud. LOL

Yes, he will go back upstairs (at least he will following me). I can't confirm he'll go back up by himself, but I'll pay attention when I get home and let you know.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

No medium. And I most likely would never do that. First I'd be concerned about not knowing enough about the person I brought into my home, and second...I'd probably be standing there thinking they were full of crap. And that doesn't mean I think all mediums are full of crap, it's just I'm not sure which ones aren't.

lol

[edit on 6-19-2010 by Valhall]

That is a shame. But I totaly understand. I do hope you will find one someday who you feel comfortable with. A real one could really give you some answers. But sometimes answers take all the fun out of it. : )

Love the videos with the dogs. The big one is your daughter's right? And your daughter is the one they seem to be more active with, am I correct? Because that dog knows and is friends with that little boy.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yep, my daughter is the one that seems to bring out the activity.

Wanted to answer the question about Fred being willing to go back upstairs alone - yes, he did it yesterday evening.

Now back to my daughter. My daughter spent almost 5 months with us while her fiance was deployed. She was pregnant with our first granddaughter and had a very difficult pregnancy. She originally had twins but lost one at about 8 weeks. Then she kept going into premature labor and was on strict bedrest for the majority of her pregnancy. That's why she stayed with us all the time her fiance was deployed.

Anywho, I'm telling you about this because several evenings I would get the K2 meter out while she was laying on the couch and kind of do a survey. We kept getting 3 steady lights to light up on the meter in the area where the vestibule is at - AT NIGHT (and while daughter was lying on the couch). But I would get up in the mornings and do the same survey through the living room and not get anything but the single baseline light in the same area (in the mornings my daughter would NOT be in the living room, but in bed). Anyway, I didn't make the connection of daughter not being there and I just assumed that we were getting some level of activity at night that wasn't there during the day.

BUT, now that daughter has moved out, I am not getting the 3 lights in the vestibule at NIGHT. So it appears it was connected more with my daughter's presence than with what time of day I was doing the survey. Just wanted to share that.

Yes, mrs, Goobie seemed to have an affinity to SOMETHING at that location. He eventually seemed to lose interest and we rarely caught him going to that spot anymore, but he did it alot for about the first 2 months he was here.

We have not noticed Fred interested in that spot, but if I notice something I'll share.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Valhall because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Hello, I have been following this thread and I kept watching for more posts because it has interested me so much. I just have a question now. Does your daughter experience other paranormal events on her own or is it just in your house? Also, I never said anything (obviously), but I think that Harry Potter book that flew off the shelf was the first book in the series where Voldemort (bad guy) actually takes physical form. I don't know if that feels significant to you in this situation.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
When was it that your daughter stayed with you and lost one of the twins?

Has she always had a lot of activity around her?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Okay, I'm replying to Ellie and mrs at the same time:

My daughter has never shared having anything strange happen to her when she lived elsewhere. Please keep in mind that she has not lived away from here but for about 2 years now (with the exception of when she came back due to needing care during her pregnancy).

She did not lose the twin while living in this house. She lost the twin in February and then in April her fiance deployed and that's when she moved in with us while he was out of the country.

And then in general I'll add that Fred has had another instance (3 evenings ago) when he was upstairs, appeared to get scared and did the same thing where he ran down the stairs whining and went in his crate. But he is a puppy (15 weeks) so it could be stupid puppy stuff....just don't know yet.
edit on 10-14-2010 by Valhall because: 3 evenings ago (it was Monday night)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sounds like you will have a well cared for grandaughter. Not to mention spoiled blissfully rotten. She was not born on September 23rd by any chance was she give or take a day.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Wow - incredible thread!
I'm leaning towards the time slip theory. Or perhaps sometimes we leave behind 'recordings'? Here in the UK, in certain spots, people have seen Roman legions marching.
My house dates back to 1840. I had some odd things happening in the kitchen. The tap was turning itself on. Then one day a new boyfriend, who knew nothing of this, spotted an old man by the kitchen sink. He saw him through the window as he came in, but there was nothing when he got inside. He said he was wearing 'old fashioned clothing'. I might add that the boyfriend was a policeman - a breed not given to flights of fancy!
edit on 15-10-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

mrs,

Labor Day! HA!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Very interesting, starchild!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

TOO FUNNY!!!!

Good to hear that you home is still full of excitement. As long as it stays harmless which I am sure it will. I would trust how an animal reacts over any medium or anything else. If a dog says its ok no matter if they are living or ....um...bodyless then they are ok. Looks like you have someone guarding your daughter and granddaughter. I'd be happy, and wish it well. I bet your granddaughter is going to be a very special and influential woman. Congrats! Enjoy all your grandbaby snuggles!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Hi all,

Long time no see. Two strange happenings (for the first time in quite sometime) this morning. First, about 5:30 this morning the "boom" thing that has happened multiple times over the years happened. It originated from the same area of the house (upper NW corner of the house). That's the same area it always happens in. It shook the house a little, but seemed to be stronger on the second floor. I was already up and at Springer's comp downstairs when this happened. From down here it sounded like if a 300 lb Sumo wrestler jumped from about 5 feet off the ground on to the second floor. Springer is still asleep and I don't know if it temporarily roused him or not. I'll ask later in the day.

Then, about 20 minute later I went up to take my shower in the main bathroom upstairs. The door to this bathroom remains open when no one is using it, just to share heating/AC etc. I walked into the bathroom and there was this VERY STRONG smell of a man's cologne. There is no cologne in that bathroom, and it's just Springer and myself here. Springer does not use that bathroom and I've never smelled this odor in there before. Oddly, it was just in the bathroom, even though the door was open to the small landing at the top of the stairs. It was strong enough to have the feeling that it was "new"...that's the only way to describe it. Like a man had just put it on, or had just walked out of the room...but shortly after putting cologne on. (Best I can do there.)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I'm glad you are still updating this thread. I was just looking through my subscribed threads and saw this so I checked in. Lest you wonder if anyone is still interested, at least I am. Your story seems so fascinating in soooo many ways.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There have been four occurrences in the past month I would like to share.

The first happened on Sunday the 26th of June. I did not share this immediately because I was kind of doubtful (and remain so, but because of the other two that I do not doubt, I feel it right to include it). My great niece, who is 13 or 14 years old, and three of her friends were going to be going to teen church camp on the week beginning June 27th. The church they were going with is the small church in our town. Traditionally my niece's children, when they go to church camp, stay at my mother's (their great grandmother's), but this year my great niece specifically asked if her and her friends could stay with us....because we have a haunted house. lol And THAT is why I didn't immediately share what they claim happened, no other reason.

So, as you may expect, that evening they asked me to tell them several of things that happened here in the past, and I obliged. I then got out the two KII meters and we walked around a bit. I explained how they worked and when we got a few blips I showed them what we were watching for, and then after that I gave them the meters and let them have at it. For the rest of the evening they would spend time upstairs and then all 4 would occasionally come down stairs and sit in the living room scared because they got blips...lol.

I woke up the next morning same time as usual, around 4:30 am and when I got up I found that of the 4 of them, only one had ever gone to sleep. My great niece was sitting up on her side of my daughter's bed with her friend sleeping next to her, and the other two kids were awake in my grandson's bed. I whispered if everything was okay and she said no, some one came in the house.

So she comes downstairs with me and she tells me that about 30 minutes before I got up (around 4 am) the side door downstairs (which is directly below my daughter's room) had opened and shut and she heard some one walk across the living room floor. She said when she heard the door open and shut and the footsteps, she was waiting for someone to come upstairs, but they never did and she didn't hear anymore footsteps after that. It scared her and she ran in the other bedroom and the two kids were sitting there wide-eyed and she asked, Did you hear that? And they whispered, yes, who is it? They had all been too scared to go downstairs to check and had spent the next 30 minutes just scared crapless.

Springer never goes to bed without locking the side door...NEVER. So I immediately went over to the side door to check it, and it was locked. I asked her how she knew it was this particular door that she heard and she said - because it squeaks when it opens and closes and when it closed the wall shook in my room. The dining room portion of the dining room/living room is directly below my daughter's bedroom, so if the door is shut forcefully enough (not really slamming, but just shut firmly) the vibration of the door closing will travel up the wall above it in my daughter's room. To be quite honest I don't guess I had noticed the hinges squeaked on the door...it's one of those white noises I guess you just get used to and don't notice. I unlocked the door and swung the door open and closed, and the hinges squeaked, and I said, is that what you heard? And she nodded her head, yes...big-eyed still. lol

Okay, so I kind of set that account aside because it was for young kids who were here in the first place to be scared.

Springer and I were gone for a week - from July 5th arriving back home on July 13th. My daughter and my granddaughter came and house-sit for us while we were away, and is currently still staying with us because my son-in-law is deployed on training right now. The evening of Wednesday the 13th I was just visiting with my daughter and catching up on things, and all of a sudden my daughter says, OH! A couple of things happened while you were gone. I asked her what? (Bear in mind that I have repeatedly said now that whatever is here seems to become active when my daughter is here....but since she has moved out there has been - as you can see by reading the past 2 years of sparse updates - almost no activity.)

She said that one night her and the baby were asleep in our bedroom (we had them sleeping in there so that the other half of the upstairs didn't have to be cooled while we were gone, that and our bed is more comfortable) and she was awakened by the sound of kid running up and down the stairs. I asked, how do you know it was a kid? She said, it sounded just like when my 10-year-old grandson runs up and downstairs. (If any of you have a 10-year-old boy and stairs, you know exactly what she means. We are constantly having to get on to my grandson when he is here because 1 - he can't walk up or down the stairs, he seems to only be able to go in run mode, and 2 - it's like his feet are made of lead. stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp real fast.) Anyway, she followed this up with...it was just a lot faster than an adult and said "I couldn't go up and down the stairs that fast". She said it continued several times after waking her up, and it was loud enough that she was waiting for it to wake the baby up, but it didn't.

So she goes on. Since she now lives an hour and a half away, she had asked me before we left if it was okay if she had a high school girlfriend down for a couple of nights while she was here so they could catch up and spend time together. I told her sure. So a couple of nights later her friend came down and spent two nights. On the first night her friend fell asleep on the couch. Please remember the set up of the house:

Our bed is directly above the couch. Both are against the north wall of the staircase. The couch is still in the same position that it was in 8 years ago when my son and his best friend had heard "the me" crying in the stairwell. BUT, the change now, is that we completely pulled the old narrow steep staircase out, widened the stairwell and rebuilt the stairs ourselves and they are now turned 180 degrees from what they used to be. So instead of heading east when you go upstairs and coming out on the second floor next to the east wall of the house, you head west going upstairs and come out on a landing at the center of the upstairs.

The next day her friend (not knowing about my daughter's experience a couple of days before) says to my daughter, Man, last night I kept waking up to the sound of someone running up and down the stairs last night. Were you coming downstairs a lot or something? And my daughter said, no, that she hadn't come downstairs any after she went to bed. My daughter chose NOT to tell her about what had happened two nights before because her friend gets freaked out pretty easily and she wanted her to stay and was afraid she wouldn't. My daughter instead replied with "well, that's crazy!" and just tried to blow it off to her friend.

I asked my daughter if she could tell whether the sound matched the way the stairs used to be, or the way they are now...in other words, did it sound like someone was running upstairs to the east? (the old way) or upstairs to the west? (the new way). She agreed she wished she could tell me because that would be an interest, but said that at the time she really didn't try to pay attention.

Now, the last incident to occur has happened since we returned home. No one was around at the time except my daughter and my granddaughter. My daughter was sitting in the kitchen because my granddaughter had crawled in there. She was sitting in a kitchen chair facing toward the east so that she could watch my granddaughter and see the TV also. My granddaughter has a pink rubbery air-filled ball. It's not one of those that is big and taut. It is about 6 inches in diameter, made of the thick rubbery stuff and is like an under-inflated soccer ball, if you will. The ball was in the living room, on the floor at the end of the love seat, in clear view of my daughter.

All of a sudden the ball starts rolling west (toward the dining room), makes a turn to the south (toward the kitchen), rolls OVER THE FLOOR FURNACE GRATE (which is a slight bump UP!), across the floor furnace into the kitchen and toward my granddaughter! O_O My granddaughter had been sitting at the south end of the kitchen, by the refrigerator, and she saw the ball rolling so she starts crawling to it and smiling. The ball stops just slightly south of my daughter, but in front of her and by that time my granddaughter had "met up" with it and started playing with it.

Crazy stuff...huh? Here is a graphic for the ball path.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just wanted to share that we did some experiments today with the ball. We would place it where it was when it first rolled and then I would start it rolling. I started with very very gentle rolls (trying to see if like air current could explain things). The ball will curve back toward the south each time with a gentle roll and never make it into the dining room or over to the furnace.

Eventually I was able to start rolling at a high enough velocity that it went almost exactly on the path my daughter saw it roll. I was able to do this several times with repeatability. BUT, it takes a significant velocity starting off for the ball to make that path.

I also tried pushing the ball to mimic it being kicked versus rolled. If the ball is pushed (i.e. slips instead of rolls), it tends to go straight into the dining room and not curve south very much at all. It goes way past the floor furnace and doesn't end up in the kitchen.

So just wanted to share this.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
His face was pretty red & heavy set, with small features. He had snow white hair, very short on the sides, a little longer on top, in a side parting. No sign of recedeing hairline.
After a 2nd attempt, I got a flash of a series of letters, which has never happened before. I think they spelled "George", but I'm only 100% certain of the "orge" part.
Curiouser & curiouser...

Well, that's pretty interesting considering the original builder's name is Fred Brown and his brother was George Brown.

Wow, this is an incredible story! I've been reading this entire thread for the past few days. The spoon alone is mind-boggling, let alone everything else that has happened. This is far better than the book I'm reading!

I had to register because I noticed something that I don't think anyone else has pointed out yet regarding your comment above. In the middle of the three Harry Potter pages you posted (the backside of the folded page), it says: "Mrs. Weasley would fuss worse than Hermione, and Fred and George, Ron's sixteen-year-old twin brothers, might think Harry was losing his nerve".

Does anyone else think that's a weird coincidence of brothers named Fred and George?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
By the way, regarding the orbs that appeared in some of your photos (I know one of them was house081303_5.jpg, but I also recall seeing them in the pictures of your new floors), I've seen those before. A friend of mine went to a ranch in Washington state, at Trout Lake at the base of Mt. Adams, where these orbs are known to appear. There are lots of pictures of them and more information on them at eceti.org. (Sorry; I tried to make it a link, but it comes out in an unreadable color). ECETI stands for Enlightened Contact with ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence. Fascinating stuff!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousPortlander

I don't know about anyone else, but when I read that my heart jumped. That seems like too much of a coincidence to be JUST a coincidence. Good on you to put that together.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've just finished reading this thread, very fascinating! There used (?) to be an entity in my attic , I had a firm but polite one way chat with it after an incident at night and I haven't noticed anything serious for a few years now. It's odd when you do it - adressing an invisible person
- but it does appear to help.
I hope the entities in your house remain this quiet, now that your house's (allmost?) finished. Judging from the pictures you posted, they haven't got any right for complaints, you did a magnificent job on the house.

I just feel sorry for Fred, I've experienced several Great Danes and they are too good natured and sweet to be chased by some entity that has problems with dogs.

Take care

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54 >>

join