It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Disturbed Some One? (Revisited)

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's just evil spirits. Kick them out of your house in Jesus Name!!! They are stubborn and it might take a while.

Thanks,
TT

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Duplicate post. Sorry.

[edit on 9/25/2009 by texastig]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I ordered that one too! Will let you know when I have a chance to see it. Didn't know about the extended footage either.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hey Val,

Here is a link to a very extensive explanation into the movie....
www.themoviegoer.com...

Now I was confused by about the second word but if you read it and maybe already have some insight into this type of event then you will understand it. From what I got a specific incident created a secondary (tangent universe in the link) universe that it was up to the recipient of the item associated with the creation of the universe to fix it. The book in the movie that appears in the movie under suspicious circumstances (like the movie for you) was basically a guide to explain what he must do and what will happen if he don't. The "manipulated spirit" (your guest) are guides that are tasked with leading Donnie through the secondary universe. If the task at head does not get completed by the time the rip in time closes the secondary universe resets and starts over again. Therefore, Donnie must complete the task in order to close the secondary universe and save the lives of others trapped in the primary universe (almost as if they are on pause waiting to move on from the day that the original event took place).

That was my take on the movie but I am still not positive I followed that right. If anyone else would like to read it and correct me if I am wrong please do. I am not all that familiar with theories of this nature.

Hope it helps

[edit on 26-9-2009 by KFISHCC]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KFISHCC
Hey Val,

Here is a link to a very extensive explanation into the movie....
www.stumbleupon.com.../www.themoviegoer.com/donnie_darko.htm/topic:Movies

Now I was confused by about the second word but if you read it and maybe already have some insight into this type of event then you will understand it. From what I got a specific incident created a secondary (tangent universe in the link) universe that it was up to the recipient of the item associated with the creation of the universe to fix it. The book in the movie that appears in the movie under suspicious circumstances (like the movie for you) was basically a guide to explain what he must do and what will happen if he don't. The "manipulated spirit" (your guest) are guides that are tasked with leading Donnie through the secondary universe. If the task at head does not get completed by the time the rip in time closes the secondary universe resets and starts over again. Therefore, Donnie must complete the task in order to close the secondary universe and save the lives of others trapped in the primary universe (almost as if they are on pause waiting to move on from the day that the original event took place).

That was my take on the movie but I am still not positive I followed that right. If anyone else would like to read it and correct me if I am wrong please do. I am not all that familiar with theories of this nature.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the explanation. I have not even taken the cellophane off the movie. Springer refuses to participate. He's not easily shaken, but this one has him wigged out. He said I'd have to watch the movie alone and my daughter has stated at this point she doesn't think I should. I might wait until she is down and then her and I can watch it together.

BTW, your link goes to "The World Without Us" by Alan Weisman. I don't think that's what you intended.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out. You might be surprised of where it sent me so yeah. Anyways I think it is correct now.

I cannot say as that I blame Springer on this one. Real suspicious with this one. I mean either someone is playing a real messed up game or something is real powerful around there.

By the way, after Donnie saves the universe by correcting everything, he dies in the end anyways. According to the sight... Just saying.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
P.S. I'm going to practice full disclosure even when I don't know what that is...hahaha. Amazon is investigating the purchase and has yet to provide me the IP. They misunderstood my first request thinking I was trying to get a refund or return and wanted all kinds of financial information from me, so I had to fax an explanation that I was not going to return the merchandise, but just needed the IP to try to figure out WHERE the online purchase took place from.

I'm suspecting it will be my IP. I tell you this because approximately 11 minutes after the purchase time I made one single post here at ATS on a thread I would never even read, let alone post on...and Springer has checked the IP and it is from here. In addition, the post I made, which was just one line, I don't even agree with! In other words, I don't agree with the sentiment I stated.

That night I took a Tylenol PM and went to bed no later than 10 pm. It appears that I not only "sleep surfed and posted", but I also "sleep shopped" for a movie I have never heard of. While that is a bit embarrassing to admit at this point, it appears to be the truth until Amazon proves otherwise. But with the post here...I'm assuming that will be the case.

I have done a significant amount of recollecting on what I did that evening while I was here alone and prior to going to sleep. That is the day that Patrick Swayze passed away. I remember I read the articles about his life and did a little biography surfing. I also went over and watched some youtube from Dirty Dancing, because I always loved that movie (lol). The only thing I can figure that may have led to me even looking for "Donnie Darko" (basically in my sleep I guess???) when I have never even heard about the movie is that my daughter pointed out that Patrick Swayze is in the movie. It is very plausible to assume that in reading his biography/filmography, I read that title. But I did not search against, I know that for sure...not unless I did it AFTER I went to bed.

That evening (prior to going to bed) I did absolutely no posting either here or on Websleuths (which is the only boards I go to). In fact, I do not recall coming to ATS any that evening, although I'm sure SO could verify whether I did. If I did come over, I didn't spend much time. All I did at Websleuths was just check the threads I'm interested in and caught up on reading the posts - but no posting by me. I just basically spent my evening reading news and watching youtube videos - I watched some AbFab as well, because I really enjoy that.

The only plausible explanation I have right now (if the IP of the purchase from Amazon is mine) is that some where in my surfing Donnie Darko was listed in a biography of Patrick Swayze and then some time past going to sleep I got up, came back to my computer, and bought it.

I have to save that freaks me out about as much as anything else. One point I'd like to make about this - just to clarify BEFORE it comes up - is that this is not what happened with the spoon. When the spoon appeared we reviewed our bank account and our credit card (only have one) and there was NO unexplained purchases against either - I (sleeping-shopper Val that is) did NOT buy the spoon.

[edit on 9-26-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
That is strange. A lot of this makes me concerned that whatever is in your house may be more powerful than anyone could have thought. With the subject of the movie it leans toward this being a "time based problem" then a ghost problem. Either way there is a lot of concern as to exactly what is going on. I know it goes without saying but be careful in the steps you take with this. If it is of a ghost issue and they are that strong then things could get worse in a hurry.

Keep us updated. I will keep my eyes open.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Do you have a cellar on your property? The term "Cellar Door" came up in the movie a couple of times. Perhaps a cellar you haven't discovered yet?

Also in one scene they discuss a book that is about "finding a great deal of money in a mattress".

The movie was focused on the date of October 30th. Maybe this will be the day you will find the money!

Those were the clues I picked out of the movie for you.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Is it possible that someone could gain access to your home when you are asleep? Or someone that has your information online and perhaps even monitors you?

I have to admit i have not read this thread in a long time but this last page is really much.

What ever you do dont start believeing you are a sleep walker purchaser poster!

There has to be a logical explaination even if irrational.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Do you have a cellar on your property? The term "Cellar Door" came up in the movie a couple of times. Perhaps a cellar you haven't discovered yet?

Also in one scene they discuss a book that is about "finding a great deal of money in a mattress".

The movie was focused on the date of October 30th. Maybe this will be the day you will find the money!

Those were the clues I picked out of the movie for you.

I do have a cellar (the one with the meat hooks in the ceiling).

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Is it possible that someone could gain access to your home when you are asleep? Or someone that has your information online and perhaps even monitors you?

I have to admit i have not read this thread in a long time but this last page is really much.

What ever you do dont start believeing you are a sleep walker purchaser poster!

There has to be a logical explaination even if irrational.

The night this happened I was alone and had locked the doors even when I was up. Springer confirms that when he arrived home the doors were locked.

The only other explanation (worldly, that is) is if some one hacked our router. Both ATS and Amazon WERE (aren't now!!!) set up to remember me, so they wouldn't even have to know my password or userid.

The only part that stymies me is the single post here on ATS. Why would some one come over here and make a post???

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yes, now I remember. Perhaps there is an undiscovered spot or cubby hole
in the cellar that's waiting to be found!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Valhall

Yes, now I remember. Perhaps there is an undiscovered spot or cubby hole
in the cellar that's waiting to be found!

Actually, there is something BY the cellar that has yet to be looked into. There is a cistern. The cellar is accessible through the backporch floor, and the cistern is covered up by the backporch floor. The cistern is actually starting to "float" and push up on the floor. We are not yet ready to start tearing down the backporch, but when we do, we will have to destroy the top section of the cistern and fill it in so that it can no longer be hydraulically lifted. There might be something interesting in there!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Actually me feelings are with the Cellar with the meat hooks. Is this a concrete or block cellar? Is there a stairway going from inside your home down to this room? Is there access to the area under the stairs? Possible covered up spots in walls?

I can't remember what page you posted the cellar pictures...I'll go back and look for them.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Have you discussed which post it was? If not I wouldnt just yet, it may hold clues for you. I just dont know you well enough but it seems to me you are sane and rational, and if you were to have a black out to this extent it would be apparent in other areas of your life.

I mean, a ghost or poltergiest could pull a stunt like this but that would be comical, t is people that are not funny in the least bit, at least ones that pull stunts like this.

Have you considered that if it was a person, they could be someone posting on this thread...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Actually me feelings are with the Cellar with the meat hooks. Is this a concrete or block cellar? Is there a stairway going from inside your home down to this room? Is there access to the area under the stairs? Possible covered up spots in walls?

I can't remember what page you posted the cellar pictures...I'll go back and look for them.

It is a concrete cellar. Stairs go from the backporch (when we first purchased the house that was part of the house, it is now only used for storage and will be torn down SOON I HOPE!)

We haven't had the door open to the cellar in forever because it leaks. We hope to get it sealed when we rebuild the back of the house. I will get Springer to help me look and see if we can find some hidey holes.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Have you considered that if it was a person, they could be someone posting on this thread...

Don't scare me! O_O

No, I have not discussed my post, but it would not be hard to locate as it is the only one of that day.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I found your cellar photos on page 24 of this thread.

It would be great to get some more photos.

Look for places that might have been re-concreted over. I would search every inch!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Val, I would definitely wait to watch it with someone. I watched with my daughters who had already seen it, so they were able to say, "oh this connects later with another part," etc. whenever I had a question.

Sorry that it materialized under such curious circumstances. It would be completely different if it had arrived under your direction. I hope Amazon can get to the bottom of it, and give you a satisfactory explanation. Now it just seems so eerie.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join