It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Disturbed Some One? (Revisited)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I don't have much time to respond to everything, but I'll share quickly what I have found in researching these types of things. The tape recorder trick is a method that many people have successfully used to CONVERSE with ghosts. You can say something out loud, and as long as the tape recorder is running, occasionally ghosts will respond. The ghost voices sound like whispers and crackles when you play them back. The important thing is that you will likely NOT hear them until you play the tape back after recording.

Leave the tape recorder on one night without the voice-activated mechanism, and see if you get anything.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

i reckon that the rip in the space/time thing is just farfetched there has got to be a better reason to the phenomena

Not as far-fetched as you may think. We already theorize that these exist, i.e. wormholes, etc., and that space/time can have such "rips"....

To Val...

Perhaps you screamed out something in your sleep (i.e. night terrors), and this is what the boys heard? It doesn't explain the other happenings, but just a thought....

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Valhal ,have you been doing anything different lately?
Maybe reading books on certain subjects?
Or come in contact with new knowledge of religious issues?
Im just guessing here!

I remember myself when i would read alot of religious stuff or pray from the heart i would get nightmares or wierd things happen to me......and i do know now that it was evil trying to scare me from reading or prayer......

I know this involves the family ........I would go around the rooms and say a prayer like...In the name of the Father ,Son, and Holy Spirit.......making the sign of the cross in proper fashion.........
I would also recomend you read up on some exorcism prayers by ST.Cyprian.....he lived in the 3rd century and was a magician of the black arts ,but came to know Jesus Christ and renounced his former ways........he actually wrote down many prayers that can be performed by people ..........The prayers of St Cyprian are the same ones that are used in performing a real exorcism .......for anyone that has wierd happenings in their homes or their lives.........
I hope all goes well.........and bear in mind that sometimes evil can look good .......and good can look evil.......What i'm trying to say is dont give up if things seem to be getting better......evil can make things seem like they are getting better......the closer we get to God the more the devil hates us..........so prepare yourself to not giving up!
Pretty scary stuff!
But good always wins !!!
..........Evil never gives up and neither should Good!
So go get them!!!
helen......

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well, first, I am not going to reject ANY possibility on this. And me (or my daughter) having a nightmare would be a possibility. I'm going to rule me out for the time being, bein's my hubby was laying right there next to me. AND this happened just minutes after we had gone to bed. I don't think I would have even been asleep yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good point. I just mentioned it, as you hadn't mentioned the night terrors before....

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I was going to mention smudging with sage in my first post but wasn't sure if everyone would would label me as being a "weirdo'! We moved into our current house 2 years ago, the previous owner was in a very mentaly abusive relationship with her creepy (now ex) boyfriend.

I smudged the heck out of the house one day after my husband had gone to work and my kids were at school. I used white sage I grew in my own garden. So now it's nothing but happy energy flowing through the house (and the fact that we have a pool does a lot to put a smile on everyones face too).

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Very interesting. It sux I am so late in the topic. I have read many many times that remodeling of any kind can stir up spirits or psychic energy. This could be a likely cause. There are two things that could happen (if this is the case)

1. It won't last long after everything is done, but the longer the remodeling takes, the longer it will last.

2. They may catch on to occupants' psychic abilities and decide to stick around a while (or a long long while)

Now, as for the tape. Make sure you use a fresh tape. NEVER use a tape that has been used before, as anything left on the tape when recorded over can bleed through making it sound as though there is something there. Also, just because you don't hear anything, doesn't mean it isn't there. You usually nee something with very high volume, or really good headphones.

Third, I am sending you a u2u.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Valhal ,have you been doing anything different lately?

helen......

Helen,

the only thing different I'm doing these days is hanging out on ATS
And we've kind of discussed this in u2u's. Possibility???

I am not currently studying anything new. But as I mentioned in this thread I just in the past 2 weeks started discussing a topic that I spent around 5 years researching. I had completely put this topic away for the past 3 years. This is the topic that at first I thought my dream (about the lady that no one else could see) was related to. (Read my blog.)

Anyway, I do agree with you that ANY spiritual change can initiate an attack. If you degenerating spiritually (going toward dark things) you can sure bring it on yourself, and if you are spiritually maturing...it seems to p-o the dark side.

I am also keeping an eye on my kiddos.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I will be picking up the abstract to the house right after I get off work. This will trace the ownership of the land back all the way to Indian territory and possibly the Louisiana purchase.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Val Ihave one of those tape recorders, the first few seconds of sound activate the tape but are not recorded, so if its a short noise it won't be heard.

What happened to the room in the middle of your roof from your first picture?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You're talking about the widow's watch off the attic. There is only one in the front. It is still there. But it does not now have windows. We will be eventually putting stain glass windows back in, like the picture shows.

P.s. The current picture is of the BACK of the house.

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by Valhall]

[Edited on 30-7-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Okay, I have now read the entire abstract. It is not as big as you might think, as there have only been 3 families live here (besides us).

Here is what I have found out so far:

Mr. Smith bought a good-sized piece of land in 1902 from the Chickasaw and Choctaw Nations. He and a handful of other men, bought large parcels of land and established the town. At the time this was (as I already knew) Indian Territory. There is a road 2 miles west of here which was the dividing line between Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory. This was the Indian Territory side. (And of course in 1907, when the "Union of the Twin Territories" took place, and Oklahoma became a state, that all went away). (Anecdotal information for those that give a hoot: It was illegal to have any liquor in Indian Territory, so along 2-mile road, on the WEST side of the road (Oklahoma Territory), it was pretty much lined with saloons to induce the red-man to spend his money.)

Okay, so Mr. Smith buys all this land, and possibly??? builds this BIG house (for that period of time it was BIG) and then turns around and signs over ALL of the property and the house to his sister! Now he's married (this isn't in the abstract, this is common knowledge), but apparently he either lived in this house, with his family and his sister...with everything being in his sister's name. OR, he built the house and let his sister live in it...until...

his sister died in November 1918, at the age of 57. This is taken from an affidavit from a "personal acquaintance" of the sister. She was never married, and her sole heirs were her two brothers...which means, it went back to Mr. Smith. One brother was 71 at the time of her death and living in another part of Oklahoma. Mr. Smith was living in this town and was 58 years old.

BUT, I have to throw in some information that does NOT come from the abstract. There was a teacher who wrote two books about this town about 15 years ago. These books are filled with newspaper articles from about 1892 on. In 1921 it states "Mr. X Smith is building a modern bungalow on (this street)."

SO...is the g-g-grandson wrong? He had stated that the little girl on the front porch in the picture he gave me was "Ann", and that she appeared to be about 4 years old in the picture. Since she was born in 1902, the picture obviously was taken in 1906...so that is how the picture has been dated so far. Maybe he is all wrong. Maybe the house wasn't built until 1921 (the modern bungalow spoken of in the newspaper). So maybe Mr. Smith didn't build the house until his sister passed away and he got the land back. Just a thought. BUT, there are construction characteristics about the house that say it is much older than 1920's...another thought!

Now Mr. Smith did okay. He died in this town (in this house??? don't know) in 1949 with a value of over $121,000 and property all over the state of Oklahoma. That's pretty good for this area of the country...and in 1949!

So he has a number of children (I count five, 2 boys and 3 girls) at the time of his death. And his estate goes to them. No mention made of his wife. So I go out and I search the directory of the local cemetery and it shows that she died in 1936.

So the kids immediately sell the entire piece of property to the second family who lived in this house, in 1950. Sale only states man's name (Mr. Jones). He is the one that owned a merchantile here in town. (My dad states that at one point this man got in trouble when he got caught putting formaldehyde in his beef to keep it "good"...great! so we can at least count this guy as seedy, right?)

Mr. Jones dies, in this town (in this house??? don't know) in 1961. And he has a sole heir, a daughter. No mention is ever made of his wife. UNFORTUNATELY, I cannot find him or his wife in the cemetery log. BUT, the cemetery log is only complete through what is considered the "old section" of the cemetery, so they may be buried in the "new section". I will try to locate their graves to see when the wife died.

But something odd happened here. There is no transfer to the the daughter until 1967. She sold the house to the next owners (the teachers) in 1962. BUT, the transfer of the property to her (Mr. Jones daughter) did not occur until 1967! And apparently, this all came about because some kind of lawsuit ensued, initiated by the heirs of Mr. Smith! So, I have a two part abstract. The abstract proper, and then a second document that the title company stated "must accompany the abstract at all times". This second document is as thick as the abstract! And is titled "Complete transcript of county court case in the matter of the estate of ...Mr. Jones, Deceased."

Now the weird thing about this second document is that it is a record of this sole heir, spending bunches of money on lawyer fees and filing every kind of document in the world, but there is NEVER any clear reason why she is having to do all this. There is one obscure reference to the heirs of Mr. Smith, but NO DOCUMENTS concerning some kind of contention??? In comparison, when Mr. Smith died, there was just a will filed in the abstract; and he had five kids! But when Mr. Jones died, with only one daughter...it took another book!

So then on to the third owners...the teachers. The first thing I want to point out that was astonishing to me, was the list of land they owned through out Oklahoma, when they died. This is a town of 1500 people. Both of these people were primary educators in this school system. They sure made the most of their money!

I was wrong before about one thing. The son died in 1994 (he was the first to die). And I have to go off the rumors that he was in Louisiana when he died. I'm going to also state that it is pretty much accepted that he was gay, and died of Aids. The reason I state that, is because of some one who has u2ud me, and it might be of benefit to them. But him dieing BEFORE the parents is really odd, because our closing on this house was held up for a month because "the brother had not paid his inheritance tax on the property"
Do what? THAT is why I assumed he died after the mother.

The male teacher, Mr. Johnson, died in 02/2000 of renal failure in this town (in this house...most likely, as there is no hospital here now.) Mrs. Johnson died in 04/2002. But here is something important. She did NOT die in this town. She was in a nursing home in Arkansas! (One really bizarre aspect of this is that the only living child, adopted as she may be, was living in Texas and still does. My sister-in-law who was a good friend to the daughter once stated to me "I have no idea why they ever adopted any kids. They were NOT cut out to be parents.)

There is a fairly big problem with finding this out. I haven't found ANYBODY on this street who knew she WASN'T living here before she died. And my nephew and my niece (as I have stated in a prior post) had told me right after I moved in that they were glad that I had opened the windows up because the old lady that lived here before always kept the drapes pulled and would only peek out through the drapes when they would take their walks! They only moved in their house about 4 to 6 months before the date of her death...who was peaking out???

So, basically, to sum up, so far, if you've bought the house, you've stayed there till you dropped dead...Hotel California...you can check in, but you can never check out...bah...

I'm going to go set up my recorder and go to bed.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Lots of great info. Can't wait to see what else you are able to dig up. There has got to be some connection to one or more of these people and the happenings at your home.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Interesting story Valhal.I won't poo poo it.Something very similar has happened to people close to me on two occasions.
The first was when I was about 3 years old.My younger brother was only a few months old and still sleeping in my parents room.My father woke to find a man dressed in Edwardian clothing standing looking down at my brother.He was paralysed with fear at first and his first reaction was to swear at the man.The man looked up and my father told me it was the most disgusted look anyone had ever given him.Then the figure seemed to just fade away.My father leapt to his feet at that moment and made straight for the cot of my brother.He was blue and was choking to death.My father grabbed him by the ankles and slapped him and slowly his colour came back.
The following day my father was still shaken up and he sought out the two elderly ladies he had bought the house from.He told them what had happened and he described the man.They produced old photographs of their father who had built the house.Well you can guess the rest.
The feeling at the time was that the presence was not malevolent but was trying to help and warn.

The second story happened with my wife.We were not married then but I used to stay over at her house.
The living room was pleasant but the back of the house was not.I'm a big bloke and there is not too much that ever worries me but the feeling there made me want to run.My wife would brush her hair,put the hair down while she turned around to pick something up and the brush would be gone.After searching the house it was found upstairs in the bottom draw of a wardrobe.This didn't just happen once but many times.After a while she used to just walk straight to the wardrobe it was always there.

My wife says you've got to talk to the house,reassure it and let it know what you are doing.

PS.Have you asked your husband if he has anything that he needs to tell you that might upset you?

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sorry it took so long to post my tape recorder update for today...

First, to whomever suggested I listen to the first tape with headphones up and the volume cranked up, I did that. So let's cover that first. The tape consists of my son turning it on and stating he's going to bed, then six activations (some just on/off, some recording for a few seconds), then a seventh activation which was me coming down the stairs and turning it off in the morning. The only unique thing I heard was that the sixth activation (the one right before I activated it) had a rather discernable hum (in fact, I had noticed the hum the first time I listened without headphones) that none of the other activations had. AND, the activation when I came down the stairs and turned it off also had this very audible hum. Like I said, none of the others (including when my son turned it on) had this hum.

Concerning the suggestion that I just turn the tape on and leave it recording without using the voice activation option. This is a good suggestion. The time of night the boys heard what they heard was sometime between 1:30 and 2:00 a.m. So, since I only have 120 minutes per side to record, I would have to stay up and say turn it on about 12:30 to 1:00 a.m. (that's assuming this happens at the same time of night). I'll try to get this done.

Last night when I set up the recorder I moved it as far up the staircase as the cord would allow (basically one more step up) in order to further isolate it from any appliances that could possibly be triggering it. I spoke with my husband about the six activations and he stated the only thing he could think of appliance wise would be the frig, or a window unit that is downstairs in the utility. Both of these are separated from where the tape recorder was sitting by two walls (kitchen wall, and then wall that encloses stairwell.

I did NOT get to listen to the tape with headphones yet, and only ran it once to see if it activated any, because I was running REAL late. There was my son turning it on, one activation in the middle of the night, and then me coming down the stairs. BUT, I also want to throw in something that I have now observed on both tapes. There is a noise on the tape just a few seconds after it is turned off BOTH times. So I need to listen to these sounds with the headphones.

JB - I, in fact, DID ask my hubby that very question...and kind of felt stupid doing it. BUT, no, there is no problem there and it was agreed between both of us, that no matter what IS going on, we're not going to borrow trouble from it.

Concerning talking to the house, the spirit, or anything else other than God...no offense, but aint gonna go there.

I'll let you guys know what if I hear anything this evening when I listen to the tape closer.

P.S. Just want ALL of you to know I appreciate not only that many of you have shared similar experiences you have had, but also all suggestions and recommendations.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I just got through listening to last night's tape with the headphones on. First thing to point out is, I must not have ran it all the way back this morning, because there are five activations in between my son turning it on, and me turning it off.

Second thing is, the last 2 of these five DO have some noises on them. Nothing freaky. Just some slight thump kind of movement noises. And then there is the weird noise that comes on the tape a couple of seconds after I turned the recorder off this morning, but that could be some kind of artifact of the recorder.

Anyway, I wanted to know if some one can tell me how I can take a cassette tape and turn it into digital, so that I might be able to post these somewhere and let anybody that wants to listen. I'm more than willing to do that, if some one will teach me how.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just to let every one know, because of this thread I have gotten a bit of a "psychic reading" on the pics of my house from a very helpful member. Their reading was very interesting. I am choosing not to share it at this point until AFTER I have investigated the house.

Working from the suggestions that member made to me, I went visiting a bit last night. Met with two older ladies in the community who are quite the busy-bodies. They're the type that if they are not kin to the person you are asking about, they once were...HA! ANYWAY, the second owner of the house (Mr. Jones) is the one I am currently focusing on. According to the ladies, the whole family were heavy drinkers. At one time there were 3 kids (2 boys and a girl), but both boys died in car accidents (different car accidents), which left only the daughter. Also, some time after they bought the house, the man and woman divorced. I am planning to stop at the court clerk's office after work and see if I can locate the divorce decree to see what the grounds were (abuse? adultery? etc.).

Meanwhile, with the tape recorder, last night we did the continuous recording option. So I worked half the morning with headphones on listening to my house

There were some noises, but just like on the voice activated recordings...nothing worth writing home about. There is one place that I THINK I can hear a voice (very far away), but I am going to have to take it back home and play it on the stereo, cranked up, and with the headphones on. BUT, I also need to ask my son what time he went to bed to make sure that I'm not picking up a computer noise or something. (It's not my son's voice, because it is too high pitched.) There was one place where it sounded as if the recorder had been tapped on. And then, there were two placed where there were dead spots (no pun intended). In other words, like the tape was bad in those spots and the sound was not recorded. Both of those spots were fairly close to the end of the tape, so maybe that has something to do with it.

We are going out of town tomorrow morning and will be gone until Sunday evening. I plan to set the tape recorder up on the top landing of the stairs before we leave, and I am going to put the sensitivity about halfway on it. (I'm doing this because I did some testing last night and it appeared that the frig and the window unit downstairs could have activated the tape when it was on high sensitivity.)

Oh...and the kitchen trash can thing happened again this morning...just my luck, a ghost with a trashcan obsession.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

it appeared that the frig and the window unit downstairs could have activated the tape when it was on high sensitivity

Likely the compressor kicking in....

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Gazrok,

I think you may be right. But turning down the sensitivity and moving it to the top of the stairs will be another test of this.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well guess what just happened...right this minute. A phone call from the lady asking for Deborah X...hmmm.

So I say, listen lady, you've called here 3 times now asking for her and I want to know why you have this woman connected with my phone number. And she says I haven't called three times. And I said Well, I know YOU have called at least twice and I have taken 3 phone calls from women asking for her. She says Well, this is only the second time I have called. (Which is odd because it means I have 2 women calling for this lady.) Then I said "Listen, write it down on whatever you're looking at right now that Deborah X does not live at this number, ok?" And she said, "Ok." and hung up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join