It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Disturbed Some One? (Revisited)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:
BZ

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
was trying to read the folded page,then realised it was still folded,wondered why it didnt read so well,but there something about haunting on the next page.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
val, in my first post, i hadnt read the whole thread, but now i have.

when i read the part about the grocer and the meat hooks, i went white as a sheet. literally, i went pale and got a real panicky feeling. and i kinda felt like i was gonna cry. val, listen to me, i dont know what that feeling meant, but it scared me real bad. please val, no matter what, please dont go near that cellar.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The cellar:

img.photobucket.com...

The hooks:

img.photobucket.com...

The attic:

img.photobucket.com...

The widow's watch:

img.photobucket.com...

Peak of the attic (and really old wiring):

img.photobucket.com...

All the books and magazines in the attic:

img.photobucket.com...

img.photobucket.com...

BZ

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
i think the word meat hooks conjours up more sinister thoughts,in a few posts back i mentioned about old houses used hooks in the cellar to hang game and if the man was a grocer he probably hung onions and things from it,handy storage hooks,i know they didnt have stainless steel in those day(or i assume so) and meat wouldnt be best hung on rusty iron hooks.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We have been in our 'new home' almost three months now. We have been told the building (converted weavers cottage) is between 3 - 4 hundred years old, records date 250 years but is apparently older. I absolutely love this house with it's rustic charm but was a bit nervous because of the age and all the past lives.
When I began reading this thread one of the first things that struck me was the good feelings reported with the house.
Everyone who visits me here says the very same thing that it feels 'nice'.
On the day we moved into the house, the seller handed over the keys and then mentioned a pair of shoes in the cellar. They were found when replacing the cellar floor.
Apparently around the 17th Century, shoes would be 'hidden' within the building to ward off not so positive things.
When I checked this out it was true although it is rare to find a pair of shoes.
The shoes are still in the cellar and will stay there for the next owners!
Also over the door is some wheat tied in ribbon, the previous owners did this to 'bring safety and wellness to all who entered. I can find nothing about this on the internet.
Couple of things have occured (my 3 year old son waking in the night on the floor, out of his mid high bed - he climbs ladders to get in andhas a tent that surrounds the top so he isnt able to fall out). I can only say that he has never sleep walked, he certainly didnt fall out as the tent was still in place and he seemed quite surprised to find himself on the floor of his bedroom.
One night I slept with my lamp on as I was feeling a bit jittery (new house, huge bedroom with lots of exposed trusses and hubby fallen asleep downstairs with tv on), the lamp was off next morning and I thought the bulb must have blown. I tried it anyway and it came on so figured that my husband must have turned it off. Next day I asked him when did he turn my lamp off - he said he hadnt but when did I turn his TV off? I hadnt.
couple of fleeting glimpses out of corner of my eye but I can get a bit nervous so more than likelyimagining it.
Nothing in past few weeks and Im happy about that.
Talked to our neighbour next door and she says that they hear noises and previous owners saw orb through kitchen.
We have cellar also with meat hooks but I think it's a really cool room even with shoes!
An afterthought, my son being on the floor was the last incident; Im a real coward (could not look at Vals pics and definatelyn not the voive recordings!- here I am in my bedroom alone again) but I was quite angry about my son being on the floor and spoke out loud that I could share my home but nothing and no one must harm my son. I asked for an agreement that this home would take care of my child and no harm would come to him.
I often ask him if he still likes our new home and the answer is always yes. That gives me peace.
This thread made me extremely nervous because I dont believe I would have such courage, it would be "Hello estate agent" even though I love this place. I have not read all of the thread (I read pages and pages though) because it makes me jumpy but I hope Val finds peace in her home.
Thought it might be helpful to consider that if hiding shoes in a home was considered an act of bringing peace to a home, some things may be hidden or even lost in a house that has a different effect.

Sorry for the length of this.
Peace to you and your family, hope it gets sorted out!

Best wishes
noonoos

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Val, it may mean nothing.......but did you realize that you posted the pics of the book pages, especially page 23 on page 23 of this thread?!! Maybe you should give page 23 a closer look! LOL

The pics of the cellar seem fairly 'calm'....no demon faces or orbs. The hooks even look less sinister than they sounded. ( Some one was wondering about the meat being stuck on directly on them, but I believe a wire or twine would have been attached to the meat and then that would have been placed on the hook. Just curious.....have you 'tested' them to see if they will hold a person's weight?)

The photos of the attic, espcially the window seemed to have more 'feeling'.....if you decide to make more recordings, you might try doing it up there. ( I have been listening to you new ones, and I thought I hear a mention of the vestibule again.....or could it be that I was expecting to??)

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
damn ghosts!!!! *shakes fists* just show yurselves to valhall!!!! GRRR!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This happened just a few minutes ago. We are currently completely remodeling our daughter's room. So we have her moved into the guest room (which was formerly our son's room before he moved out on his own). We have almost all the furniture moved out of her room while we work on it. So we have moved her footboard and headboard out into the upper hall right next to the stairwell for the time being. I asked Springer to give an estimate on the weight of the headboard (this is a queen-sized headboard) - he guesstimates about 75 lbs. I think it's closer to 100 lbs. It has been sitting in the same position since we moved it out of my daughter's room. This picture shows how it is sitting:

Here is another shot in hopes it helps in understanding the size of the headrail:

Please note that the headrail is leaned at a decent angle against the wall with about 12 inches or so between its base and the wall.

It all of a sudden flopped over and fell against the stairwell rail!
It made this horrendous crash and both Springer and myself go WTF! and go to see what the heck had fallen and there it was flopped over and leaning against the stairwell rail.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Good thing the railing was strong enough to hold it! From the photo, it looks like it would have gone on down the stairwell if the rail had given way!

( Are you able to rule out the dogs as the culprit(s)? )

Did you give your 'spirit' a good scolding? I'm sure I would have said a few choice words! ( seriously though, you might look around for any other objects that could be used as attention getters....and put them where they could not be so easily moved !)

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Good thing the railing was strong enough to hold it! From the photo, it looks like it would have gone on down the stairwell if the rail had given way!

( Are you able to rule out the dogs as the culprit(s)? )

Did you give your 'spirit' a good scolding? I'm sure I would have said a few choice words! ( seriously though, you might look around for any other objects that could be used as attention getters....and put them where they could not be so easily moved !)

It wasn't the dog. He was downstairs. And besides, he only weighs about 15 lbs! No - I don't scold anyone. I just always wonder what it is I should know that I don't.

[edit on 8-16-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hummm, maybe your recordings got your 'spirit' into a communicating mood? And weren't some of the earlier incidents centered around your daughter's room? If so, they might not want her to 'move out'.....maye they don't realize it's temporary.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
val, might i suggest calling TAPS. they seem to be pretty good at finding solid proof of spirits.

you can contact them from here

just a suggestion.

--Kit

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ok so the sciencey theory behind ghosts.

1. Like a magnetic strip in a tape, the magnetic fields or electron fields in many things, the walls, the floor, an object, are able to somehow record events of perhaps hightened stress (for various theorised reasons)

2. The theory goes on to state that it is much more complicated than tape, and that it is some kind of living record, that can actually interact with present day people.

3. It is proven that some people are far more sensitive to magnetic fields (take for example: when an electromagnetic gun is beamed at some peoples heads, they become irritated and nausious, others feel next to nothing). This is the theory behind some psychics.

4. Now a so called spirit, in order to manifest and communicate, draws energy from the immediate surroundings electrical, heat, magnetic, light, Which could explain many paranormal phenomenae, like cold spots and various fluctuating equipment.

So i thought and thought of how to release raw energy into the atmosphere. Heating the room up to a 100+ degrees is fine and dandy, if your a turkey pie.

There is this however which a spirit could draw from.

Jacobs ladder clip

PS: The clip is of a store-bought JL which is encased in a glass for safety. if you build one i......wouldnt reccomend touching them, unless you want to end up like the turkey.

The energy a raw and open to the air so i guess ghost activity might increase. Plus they're dead easy to build in like half an hour.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I know this sounds silly, but when you plan on moving furniture around, it might help to verbally anounce that there will be a change in the placement of the furniture. What may have occured was a spirit 'stumbling' into an unexpected obstruction.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
I know this sounds silly, but when you plan on moving furniture around, it might help to verbally anounce that there will be a change in the placement of the furniture. What may have occured was a spirit 'stumbling' into an unexpected obstruction.

Okay, this actually agrees with some theories I have. This thread has been going on for so long now that I don't remember when I've shared something in it, so please forgive any repetitiveness on my part.

I believe that spirits are temporally restrained (i.e. the world they live in is the world they existed in when they were corporeal beings. In other words, at the moment a spirit is some how "trapped" (and I do have theories on why this would happen, but this is all my own ruminations and speculations so they're about worth what you're paying for them right now
) they get trapped in the PHYSICAL world at the time of their "death" or whatever caused this entrapment or binding/bonding inability to let go business. ANYWAY, to further detail what I mean, let's say you are the wife of owner number 2 of my house. And something happens to you and for some reason you either can't or won't pass over. And let's saying your physical death occurs in 1948. I personally believe you are then trapped in the physical environment of 1948. In other words, if a door is in a certain place, or an entirely different house sat here at that time, you only see the physical world as it was at the time of your death - 1948.

I do not believe that these spirits can see the physical world of our timeframe. I believe they can only pick up the ENERGY sources of our timeframe. Here are a few energy sources:

Heat sources (furnaces, stoves, ovens)
electricity
ethereal sources (people, maybe animals, etc.)

So let's say there was a door in the wall at the place that we currently have the headboard leaned against it. To the spirit that wall is not there. There is still a doorway. This could greatly explain the sightings of spirits seeming to walk through material barriers - the barriers aren't there in their physical world.

But this also brings up the bizarre set of considerations and really interesting questions that result from this :

Since the spirit (in my theory) can not see anything "material", but only these energy sources, when they appear in the same "space" as we do, won't we look like unexplainable entities in their world? So the spirit walks into my living room and I'm sitting on my couch and I see "them" walk through my wall. In their existence, they walk through a door into their parlor and see me (but not the couch) sitting hovering in mid-air.

I can only be cognizant of my physical world, therefore the experience is such that I have just seen a ghost in my living room. They are only cognizant of their physical world, therefore the experience is that they have a ghost hovering in their parlor.

Ultimate question - WHO'S HAUNTING WHO?

[edit on 8-19-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Query: Then what of the more aggressive geist, who seem to be aware of tresspass? More than that, who seem to be aware of the objects in the locale that were placed after their passing?

What I'm trying to say is... it's one thing to have phantoms, ei. spirits that simply appear. They seem to be trapped, but largely unaware, unwilling or unable to do anything about their plight. Just a poor soul, quietly going about their unlife.

There are others, who are aware of their plight. Perhaps tormented by other spirits, they make themselves known in more unpleasant ways. One can say that their distress is made known in the material world.

It's another thing to have a malicious spirit, a poltergeist or shadow who is determined to make your lives miserable. I very much doubt you have this variety of spirit, but it is safe to assume that you have at least one of the above, if not one or more of both.

Now, I live near three graveyards. There's a minor one roughly three hundred feet from my house, a major one about a mile down the road, and another about three miles to the south. I don't like talk about the unliving. It makes me uncomfortable. Rather, to be more specific. I feel like THEY are making me uncomfortable. Tightness in the chest and neck, the feeling of being watched. A sensation of irritation. Fear of reprisals on my part- I don't pretend to know how, but it has been made clear to me that they can influence seemingly random events. Through all of this, I have the notion that myself and whoever is about have a nonverbal agreement- in exchange for not speaking about Them, and avoiding certain places if at all possible, I will remain unmolested. If anything, I have had the most amazing luck.

The point I am trying to make is that as long as your spirits are aware and non-aggressive, you can generally either negotiate or figure out their wishes. Failing that, as I mentioned, artifacts seem to give them pause. Objects of great personal significance. Perhaps you remember Radiant, Val? I believe I showed you my sword. As long as I remain in physical contact with Radiant, the sensations go away. Poof, just like that. I suspect that they fear her, for some reason. Perhaps something similar will work for you.

Failing that, the only recourse you have is in older tricks. Rusty iron nails. Iron ences -though, that may simply keep your houseguests IN, rather than out- and failing that, well, I don't know what to tell you. Best of luck.

DE

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So let's say there was a door in the wall at the place that we currently have the headboard leaned against it. To the spirit that wall is not there. There is still a doorway. This could greatly explain the sightings of spirits seeming to walk through material barriers - the barriers aren't there in their physical world.

You may have something there. I read an account of a haunted monastary where the ghosts of monks were seen to approach the altar.....but they seemed to be 'sunk' into the floor, up to their waists. Then it was discovered that the floor of the chapel had been raised since the time of the monks......they were walking on the original floor.....the floor they 'remembered'!

So instead of trying to communicate, your spirit may have just been surprised!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Query: Then what of the more aggressive geist, who seem to be aware of tresspass? More than that, who seem to be aware of the objects in the locale that were placed after their passing?

What I'm trying to say is... it's one thing to have phantoms, ei. spirits that simply appear. They seem to be trapped, but largely unaware, unwilling or unable to do anything about their plight. Just a poor soul, quietly going about their unlife.

There are others, who are aware of their plight. Perhaps tormented by other spirits, they make themselves known in more unpleasant ways. One can say that their distress is made known in the material world.

It's another thing to have a malicious spirit, a poltergeist or shadow who is determined to make your lives miserable. I very much doubt you have this variety of spirit, but it is safe to assume that you have at least one of the above, if not one or more of both.

Agreed. I think poltergeists are not trapped spirits. They are imps or demons or such. Little shytes more exactly.

You spoke of artifacts and such. I found a key the other day. It's a diary key. I found it wedged between a closet shelf and shiplap of the inside wall. It could be from about 43 years old to 100 years old.

EDIT: P.S. I found the key before the current activity started.

[edit on 8-19-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hmmm. I think it might be time to go looking for a diary then, Val. Round up the troops and whatnot.

I do respectfully disagree on the poltergeist point. When the local spirits make it known they are displeased, it is entirely a human emotion. There is nothing alien or otherworldly about it. Nothing, shall we say, Lovecraftian.

One can only imagine that the transition from life to undeath is unpleasant. Perhaps some break, some deny, and some...well, they break. The spirits, something keeps them here. Earth isn't exactly a spa resort at the moment.

DE

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Two things to update you on:

1. The diary key - well, unknown to me my daughter had put the diary key on a bracelet and had been wearing it. The bracelet broke and she lost the key. A couple of days ago she woke up and went to take her morning shower to get ready for school. She looked around (and I'm not sure why she did) and there was the key stuck on the back of her right calf. We assume it was in her bed and got embedded on her leg while she was sleeping. She pulled it off and placed it on the vanity in the upstairs bathroom. She can't find it now. I just found this out today. And, no, she doesn't know we're talking about it.

2. We got the first window in the upstairs part of the front of the house today. (Daughter's room). Springer went out to take pics this evening. The following three pics were taken straight in a row. After taking the second, Springer looked at the still shot in the camera and thought "Damn! That's out of focus!" And immediately took the next shot. It's weird (the second shot that is). I would appreciate any and all feedback from those who analyze it.

[edit on 8-20-2005 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join