It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do all the lighters go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is recycled link from...I forget. Point is soon I'll be able to get my leatherman back, along with 20 other poor folks'.

50lbs of assorted handtools anyone?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I've seen that one too.

Here's another:
eBay, NTSA

link   
Erm what, im confused what am
i looking for?

[edit on 30-4-2005 by C0le]

link   

Originally posted by C0le
Erm what? Im i the only one that has no idea what this thread is about..
am i missing something?????

Items confiscated at the airport by the NTSA are being sold on eBay.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hidden message?

cgi.ebay.com...

haha..

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I saw nail clippers in there...the small ones.

They are confiscating nailclippers?

WTF, as opposed to what...an ink pen which is more of a weapon than
nail clippers.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
WTF, as opposed to what...an ink pen which is more of a weapon than
nail clippers.

Shhh, the NTSA might see this message and start confiscating everyone's Cross and Montblanc pens.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Hey!! I had an exact same swiss card thing there in the pic! I carry one of those everywhere I go (theyre so handy!) But in a recent trip the airport security guards took it away from me
They should really return these things to their owners!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I can understand them confinscating the knives and pointy things, but, what's up with the purple sombreo???

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by simtek 22
I can understand them confinscating the knives and pointy things, but, what's up with the purple sombreo???

It's loud, and distracting, it might keep the pilots from doing their job ya know, cause they'd all want to try it on, then dance around it.

Olelay!

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Lysergic]

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I wish they would have just banned shoebombs instead, and not lighters... I'm a smoker.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I declared a large knife at the check-in of a Canadian airport and the knife was bagged and sealed. When I arrived in Victoria, B.C. I claimed my knife at the baggage claim office right after my bag came down the chute. No problem..... This stuff can be checked, and we'll all be a bit safer when we fly.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder... This stuff can be checked, and we'll all be a bit safer when we fly.

Yeah, but at the current price, it's better to go ahead and carry 50 pounds of finger nail clippers and distract them from the dreaded "Purple Sombrero de muerte"!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
honestly how did they get that purple Sombrero???

i really really really wanna know the story about that

otherwise they are violating the constitution by taking our favorite party hats away from us! its rediculous!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I leave all my pointy/flashy/stinky/boomy things at home if I have to fly.

Hence..I don't fly since they started this fiasco. Any terrorist worth his salt can kill you with his thumbs a lot easier than if he tried to use a pair of tweezers or toe nail clippers.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For some reason, when I was younger, I tried to bring a pair of broken handcuffs home with me from a trip. They confiscated them....broken handcuffs...I mean what the hell am I going to do with a pair of broken handcuffs? Oh well, security served as my personal janitor that day.

Which gives me an idea. I am going to start putting my trash in their bins.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
On my very first trip to Spain, during my teens, I brought back a 10" Replica Nazi Dagger. no questions.

And in response to the original question "Where do all the lighters go?"

If it wasn't the NTSA, it was probably my mate Rod, who has a habit of pocketing them wherever he goes.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Koka]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I leave all my pointy/flashy/stinky/boomy things at home if I have to fly.

In what category do you put the sombreo?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I lost two of 'em on my recent vacation.

What can ya do. I feel bad for anyone who had a colibri. Well, maybe in that case you could mail it to yourself or something.

I intend to open a stand right outside the baggage claim area in Arrivals to sell lighters. The sight of some of these heavily addicted smokers coming off 8 hour flights without a lighter is simply screaming "please profit off me."

All's fair in NYC. They sell Ice Cream at the US Open for $7 when it's real hot.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I remember a joke from Jay Leno on nail clippers...During one of those elevated alerts (orange?, magenta?)

The hijacker walks up to the cockpit with a nail clipper in hand and says " Fly the plane to Damascus, else I will cut off your NAILS"

oooo...scary

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join