It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peddling Snake Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My motivation for starting this thread is not that I'm overweight myself, but that I enjoy exposing scams when I see them...
There are many other legal "scams" played on the gullible public to part you from your slave wage, but let's focus on the weight loss industry in this thread. Please no disrespectful comments.

10 secrets of the weight-loss industry

origin.bankrate.com...

www.bodypositive.com...

www.lrb.co.uk...

It's just another case of an industry whose ONLY concern is for making a buck. They want people to be overweight and remain overweight so they can sell them Snake Oil over and over again.
Don't fall for this, there are better ways to spend your money and better ways to heal yourself.

AP&F...

[edit on 30/4/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You are right the weight control industry is a multi billion empire just like pharmaceuticals.

They get away with most of everything they offer for sale, because people support them.

And like the pharmaceuticals only when accidents happen or somebody die from their products then you see some type of regulation going on, mean while is not enforce regulations at all.

BTW I though that snake oil was good join pain.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Prior to the Carter adminstration, amphetamines were available without a prescription for weight loss. Addicting millions of Americans, my pregnant grandmother included.

The other night I saw a commercial for a weight loss pill that costs $165 a bottle.
How much you want to bet its basically speed?

Diet colas contain aspartme, which turns to long last formaldahyde in the blood, and another long lasting nasty chemical I forget. Have you ever seen a diet cola drinker lose a bunch of weight and keep it off? I never have.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It's pretty incredible once you start to look at what is really going on.
Are people so wrapped up in their jobs and relationships they don't have time to even question anything? Is it easier to just except what is really almost just handed to them? Or are people just that lazy they even care if it hurts them as long as they don't have to expend any effort? Are they that stupid they will take anyones word as long as they are telling them it's OK? Go ahead drink the potion, and you'll be right as rain Ha ha haha hahahaha.
Or are they just misinformed?
The modern day Snake oil salesmen, they make it very easy for us to purchase their products.

[edit on 1/5/2005 by ANOK]

new topics

top topics

join