It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Florida 13 Year Old Girl Argues for Right to Abortion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If we are going to split hairs on this, let's look at Florida State Law:

794.02 Common-law presumption relating to age abolished.--The common-law rule "that a boy under 14 years of age is conclusively presumed to be incapable of committing the crime of rape" shall not be in force in this state.

800.04 Lewd or lascivious offenses committed upon or in the presence of persons less than 16 years of age.--

(1) DEFINITIONS.--As used in this section:

(a) "Sexual activity" means the oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another or the anal or vaginal penetration of another by any other object; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

(b) "Consent" means intelligent, knowing, and voluntary consent, and does not include submission by coercion.

(c) "Coercion" means the use of exploitation, bribes, threats of force, or intimidation to gain cooperation or compliance.

(d) "Victim" means a person upon whom an offense described in this section was committed or attempted or a person who has reported a violation of this section to a law enforcement officer.

(2) PROHIBITED DEFENSES.--Neither the victim's lack of chastity nor the victim's consent is a defense to the crimes proscribed by this section.

(3) IGNORANCE OR BELIEF OF VICTIM'S AGE.--The perpetrator's ignorance of the victim's age, the victim's misrepresentation of his or her age, or the perpetrator's bona fide belief of the victim's age cannot be raised as a defense in a prosecution under this section.

(4) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS BATTERY.--A person who:

(a) Engages in sexual activity with a person 12 years of age or older but less than 16 years of age; or

(b) Encourages, forces, or entices any person less than 16 years of age to engage in sadomasochistic abuse, sexual bestiality, prostitution, or any other act involving sexual activity

commits lewd or lascivious battery, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(5) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION.--

(a) A person who intentionally touches in a lewd or lascivious manner the breasts, genitals, genital area, or buttocks, or the clothing covering them, of a person less than 16 years of age, or forces or entices a person under 16 years of age to so touch the perpetrator, commits lewd or lascivious molestation.

(b) An offender 18 years of age or older who commits lewd or lascivious molestation against a victim less than 12 years of age commits a life felony, punishable as provided in s. 775.082(3)(a)4.

(c)1. An offender less than 18 years of age who commits lewd or lascivious molestation against a victim less than 12 years of age; or

2. An offender 18 years of age or older who commits lewd or lascivious molestation against a victim 12 years of age or older but less than 16 years of age

commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(d) An offender less than 18 years of age who commits lewd or lascivious molestation against a victim 12 years of age or older but less than 16 years of age commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(6) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS CONDUCT.--

(a) A person who:

1. Intentionally touches a person under 16 years of age in a lewd or lascivious manner; or

2. Solicits a person under 16 years of age to commit a lewd or lascivious act commits lewd or lascivious conduct.

(b) An offender 18 years of age or older who commits lewd or lascivious conduct commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(c) An offender less than 18 years of age who commits lewd or lascivious conduct commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

the statutes can be looked at in-depth at:
www.leg.state.fl.us...

According to the laws of Florida, no matter what the age of the boy, he committed at the very least lewd and lascivious molestation.

The laws are there for a reason: because children cannot be held responsible for adult acts such as sexual behavior. They are not ready to make such decisions, so the law does not allow for them to make them. And there are consequences for such actions.

But I don't think bringing an unwanted possibly deadly child into the world should be one of the consequences.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
What rapist? The article mentioned nothing about the girl being raped.

It doesn't have to. She's a thirteen year old girl.

No, I just want people, males and females, to take responsibility for their actions. I don't think there is a person alive today that doesn't know the results of sexual activity.

Thats incredibly naive. Not everybody has access to sexual education.

If you are going to engage in such activity, then you should be prepared to shoulder the load that comes with it.

'Such activity'? It's called sex. The context you put 'should' is punnishment for sexual activity. Again.. who are you you decide punnishment for what you consider to be immoral or irresponsible? Sounds like you think your opinion counts more than hers. It's not like she's not enduring any consequence to her actions. Pregnancy [possibly stds], abortion and childbirth [possibly death] are all consequences. Another consequence is being strung up and dragged through the courts and the media and having your private life discussed on the net.

These are indeed 'consequences'.. they might not suit you but I'm sure if you had to live with them you'd have different opinions [especially if you were in her shoes].

As far as the case of this little girl is concerned, where did you get the idea that she was raped? It didn't state that in the article.

The very fact that you ask this in regard to a little girl creeps me out. I hope most grown men don't think all a child needs to say is 'yes'.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well said, Riley. Especially the "creeps you out" part. I just didn't want to put it in so many words.

You have voted riley for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Good lord, if this isn't a nasty situation. I wonder who the father is, which should be looked into by the cops. I wonder why she is homeless in the first place. Where are her parents?

Personally, I'd vote no, but then again I'd vote no for almost all abortions.

This is a very disgusting situation all around, but no, there is no way I'd trust a 13 year old of any sort to make a choice like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join