It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possession / Exorcisms?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Exactly how does a person end up with the misfortune of being possessed by a demon? How do demons choose who they possess, and how are they even capable of possessing in the first place? Is there a type of person that is most commonly possessed? Is it something that we do to "open the doors" so to speak?

After listening to that recording of a live exorcism in a previous thread, I'm a little curious about exorcisms. How often are exorcisms performed? How secretive are exorcisms? What are my odds of being allowed to attend an exorcism simply for the purpose of observation?

I'm not a Christian, but I'm very fascinated with this topic. Thanks in advance for any answers.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Its all psychological and medical. No demons exist.
Several diseases of the body and mind have the exact characteristics of so called "possession".

The most common "possessions" come to religious people too ignorant to go see physicians.

I'd be skeptical of the "live recording" of an exorcism, I owned an album from the 70's that was supposed to be the same thing, two sides of a full LP, filled with this rubbish. I ended up using it as a palette for painting.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What medical/psychological conditions are you referring to, just curious?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The person being possessed has to allow themselves to be possessed. You have to give up your free will. You can also take it back though. But lost people don't really care to that much. It also happens sometimes when people get too drunk, or some other means of losing control of themselves.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I do volunteer work at mental hospital facilities, and find that if one listens to a really mentally ill person, they are hot 'human' at the times of their most severe psychosis, and they will tell you "this is not me."
I agree with the post that says a drug addict or severe drunk can be used by a dis-carnate entity who is still attached to the materialism of this world and refuses to continue into the after-life.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If you really do work around people like that, look into their eyes next time you think that may be happening. You can learn to see it when it happens. The person behind the eyes changes and it's noticeable. Just don't let it freak you out.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Incognita]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incognita
If you really do work around people like that, look into their eyes next time you think that may be happening. You can learn to see it when it happens. The person behind the eyes changes and it's noticeable. Just don't let it freak you out.

I have and do..If you listen to what they are saying, a LOT of times, they are speaking TRUTHS..That is why I know that many of the so=called mental patients could/would be cured if an exorcism were performed.
The 'entity' attached does not care what kind of trouble IT causes the patient as long as it can 'be' in a body again.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, lots of mental patients speak truths but are not possessed. It's a side effect of super-sanity. They may just be super-sane, not necessarily possessed. The only way to know for sure is to look in their eyes. Most possessed people talk just like normal people, it's only their eyes that change. And if you're ever not sure, just call them on it. But be careful.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incognita
Well, lots of mental patients speak truths but are not possessed. It's a side effect of super-sanity. They may just be super-sane, not necessarily possessed. The only way to know for sure is to look in their eyes. Most possessed people talk just like normal people, it's only their eyes that change. And if you're ever not sure, just call them on it. But be careful.

I understand whatof you speak.My work consists of bringing snacks and cigarettes to the patients on outside breaks.Did you know I have not found one patient who does not smoke?
Calling an entity would not be the best for me, as I was at my late Mom's alzheimers ward and a lady hit me with a tennis shoe right in the face and I called the nurse, and looked into the old lady's eyes which made her know I knew the truth and she tried to shut me up..funny, in a way...
This lady WAS not a alz. victim but a posessed one,,

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
Exactly how does a person end up with the misfortune of being possessed by a demon? How do demons choose who they possess, and how are they even capable of possessing in the first place? Is there a type of person that is most commonly possessed? Is it something that we do to "open the doors" so to speak?

...I'm not a Christian, but I'm very fascinated with this topic. Thanks in advance for any answers.

CloudlessKnight,

Read my profile. This topic is right up my alley of expertise.

First off, there are no powerful demons, only temporarily influential discarnate collectives or Group Entities of common spirits who project the persona of being a powerful demonic figure.

Demonic Group Entities seek to fulfill their sadistic pleasure by targeting people in the flesh who are weak spiritually/emotionally and who are easily manipulated into letting them work through them. A classic example of this is the common case of a mass murderer/rapist claiming that he heard voices in his head that prompted him to commit heinous crimes. Demonic Group Entities love to cultivate an atmosphere of fear.

Many believe that the Ouija Board opens one up to demonic possession. In my opinion and experience, one does not need to use a Spirit Board in order to be attacked or possessed. One can be astrally abused at any time.

But common spirits are weak emotionally. Berating them is a good tactic, as is surrounding oneself with white and/or gold light and sincerely praying for healing, protection and guidance. However, the forces of light are not yet powerful enough to protect all innocents from discarnate demonic attack.

Regardless, what ultimately stops abusive Group Entities is themselves, as evil contains the seeds of its own destruction. There is no God in the archaic sense, but there is Universal Law which cannot be altered one iota. Those that abuse innocents lessen their ability to unite with The Light -- the same Light that is commonly reported by many near death experiencers to be "at the end of the tunnel." The Light, which is infinite and nonliving, represents eternal life. It is what enabled reality to manifest itself in the first place. Without The Light there can never be stars, planets or souls. Those that destroy their ability to unite with The Light forfeit their ability to exist in the Spirit.

My guides have informed me that millions of common spirits from all over the Universe, destroy themselves on a daily basis from following a path of abuse to innocents.

A second common theme within Near Death Experience research is that no one ever truly gets away with anything. It all balances out in the Spirit through progression toward The Light or retrogression away from it to the darker, hellish dimensions and the ultimate damnation of nonexistence.

As such, no matter how horrific a demonic attack appears to be, if one just waits it out, as I have many times over the years, the Group Entities responsible weaken themselves to the point of nonexistence. At which time, minor healing energies will be given in response to prayer so one can recuperate.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Calling an entity would not be the best for me, as I was at my late Mom's alzheimers ward and a lady hit me with a tennis shoe right in the face and I called the nurse, and looked into the old lady's eyes which made her know I knew the truth and she tried to shut me up..funny, in a way...
This lady WAS not a alz. victim but a posessed one,,

Yes, I find them(possessors) to be more "mischievious" than "evil". And actually able to be reasoned with in the same fashion that one might reason with a human.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
>>As such, no matter how horrific a demonic attack appears to be, if one just waits it out, as I have many times over the years, the Group Entities responsible weaken themselves to the point of nonexistence. At which time, minor healing energies will be given in response to prayer so one can recuperate.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hi Siriuslyone,

I am also a Certified Hypnotist and find that if I can get the person who is attached to go into deep trance, it is most helpful to get the entities to seek the Light.

It is nice to find someone in the forum who also has experience is dealing with this issue constructively.

>>As such, no matter how horrific a demonic attack appears to be, if one just waits it out, as I have many times over the years, the Group Entities responsible weaken themselves to the point of nonexistence. At which time, minor healing energies will be given in response to prayer so one can recuperate.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
>>Many times I have challenged an abusive Group Entity to kill me so that we can engage in battle on equal terms. They always back down. I have had hundreds of episodes of demonic abuse in the course of my life and have counseled others in dealing with it.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

>>Many times I have challenged an abusive Group Entity to kill me so that we can engage in battle on equal terms. They always back down. I have had hundreds of episodes of demonic abuse in the course of my life and have counseled others in dealing with it.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
>>The problem with the traditional psychological community is that they adhere to the prejudiced conclusions of Sigmund Freud, who was not only an atheist, but also did not accept the greater validity of the soul and the discarnate dimensions. His entire psychoanalytical paradigm is distorted accordingly. Fortunately, there are some progressive therapists and hypnotherapists out there who know differently.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
well the first thing you either have to have a weak soul or leave the door open, then their are a few ways the first is playing around with spirits and stuff and not using proper protection. the second is someone could actually send it to you, that is what happened to my fiance

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13
well the first thing you either have to have a weak soul or leave the door open, then their are a few ways the first is playing around with spirits and stuff and not using proper protection. the second is someone could actually send it to you, that is what happened to my fiance

How does that happen? How does someone send it to you?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
threw a ritual of black magic, they use solomons seal to summon it and then send it to you

<<   2 >>

join