It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

haunted house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
well its like this guys....i think my house is haunted...not by some evil force, But a friendly ghost (No jokes about casper), Honest things move, i put the c.d. player on it turns off, ok thats quite normal, doors open on there own , i hear foot steps and breathing, when there is no one in the house! 2 kids who have lived here have had a mystery friend called sunny, they say he is alittle boy.
ok its not the greatest haunted house story but i have only lived here for 3 months. The lady who lived here b4 also assumed the house had a little boy haunting it....strange...maybe i am just over reacting....what do you think?

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have an uncle with the exact same problem as you seem to have. I am a firm believer that hauntings, for whatever reason, are real. Once, when I was at his house for a cookout, a box of old bottles he had collected miraculously lifted off of his hutch, over the counter, and onto the floor.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Most people just think you are making it up, that you have had to much to drink!
I have coffee marks on my bedroom wall, I was about to lift my coffee from the table and it just flew out of my hand and hit the other side of the room this has been happening over the last month..
what did your uncle do?
I mean as long as its harmless i dont mind, but how do you know when its dangerous

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You know it's dangerous when they start attacking you. I live in a haunted home. Love my ghosts. One we used to have was bad. He pushed me down the stairs and attacked me one other time.

At that point, just tell them very firmly to leave. You don't want them there. Talk to them like you would any living person. They like that (or at least seem to). Whatever you do, never show fear. They learn quickly and will try harder to get the same reaction from you.

I have decided as long as they are not harmful, they can stay. I have a little girl, a young woman, and an old man. I also have many others, but these are the only one I can Identify. There are many spirits in and around my home.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
1. Are you, or is anyone in the house an adolescent?
2. Do these "incidents" occur only when the adolescent (or yourself, if you are one) is present?
3. Is there anything in the house's history involving the death of a little boy?

Sounds like you are describing a poltergeist, not a ghost. If the answers to the first 2 questions are yes, then it's likely a by-product of a heightened psychokinetic activity of the youth. It should pass eventually. (sometimes even with moving, as the youth may be tapping into some latent energy at the location). If the answer to number 3 is yes, (as well as the first 2), then you may have a combination effect, where the ghost, or the youth, is utilizing the other's energy without realizing it. If only 3 is yes, then you may have a truly troublesome ghost, that should be removed. Don't believe any of the hogwash...different "ghosts" respond to different methods of "removal", though making it aware that it is dead, and unwelcome, is a pretty common method....if you can establish communication...

Luckily, my current ghostly resident, is content with simply appearing as a fleeting shadow, going up and down the stairs, and soft moaning in the morning...none of which is difficult to live with...but if he ever touches my woman in the shower again, he's gonna be exorcised!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've lived in three houses here in Florida and none of them have been haunted, at least I think so.

But one night I was sleeping and it was all dark and I saw this black figure sort of like 'floating' towards me on my bed... it was approaching me. I jumped out of my bed because it shocked me but it was only my fat cat.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
yes there is a child in our house, And it does tend to be
around her, Some times it gets worse when she has been told off...Strange as i had never thought about that. As long as she is safe im ok with it. i am open minded, But what do i tell the child, as she notices things happen, but see's them as normal now.
is that healthy.. try asking a doc that one!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Because her emotions are heightened when being told off, it's definitely more likely to happen then. You're really in a quandry here...when it comes to what to tell the child. I would keep it in the realm of the unknown...and just try to make sure the child doesn't get too upset about anything. If the incidents get increasingly violent (likely due to the child becoming very emotional), you may want to consider a child psychologist, but for reasons of calming the child, as he likely won't buy the poltergeist...but the same medication, may keep the child from subconsciously making a coffee cup smash into the wall....

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sounds like you know what your talking about. i have always been open to all things paranormal.. As a child
i was sure i saw a ghost(passed granmother).
and smelt purfume and cigar smoke..which i no are all normal in having a pressance around you. so my belief was always there.
i will do a search on the history of the house and see what comes up...do you think the spirit died in here?
is it attached to a item left here?

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It could just be the child...

My brother and I also lived with the poltergeist phenomenon as kids (though our mother didn't believe in such things). As we got older (the phenomenon lasted a couple years), it went away. We're both pretty psychic with each other (we always know when the other is going to call, come over, or ill) even to this day.

I hope you find this helpful. Admittedly, I am basing my analysis of your situation solely on what's presented here, so please don't take it as gospel, but it certainly sounds like textbook poltergeist to me. I'd suggest researching it, and see what may apply to your exact situation. You may even find some details on how to help lessen the situation....good luck!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have lived in a house where a lady hung herself right above my bed. That was scary and haunted as hell! I mean right above my bed my god man!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
How old is the house? Mine was built in the 1910's and makes all sorts of odd noises. Are the floors or door jams level? That could explain doors opening or closing. But, as long as it is a playfull ghost, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
above your bed!! ohhhh dont know how i would feel about that....

Gasrok:
thanks for all the info! it just gives me something to start with....most people i know are closed minded
so its great to talk to someone who at least has a clue
and dont think im just crazy! thanx

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
the house is not that old about 40 yrs i think..something i will look in to!

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
originally posted by asala in new thread.

UPDATE ON MY H HOUSE

I was talking to this old lady on my street, I asked her how long she had lived here, she said 60 yrs!
So i asked the question did she no of any child that may of died in my house..She said she does remember a accident with a boy of about 6 in one of the houses, she could not be sure what house...But possibly!!!
She did recall that ther 6 year old died by falling and hitting his head. and he died within the house....
funny what you can find out just by asking .

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
what are the signs that a house is haunted?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   
i have explained above mostly what go's on....have a read and tell me what you think....its light but pretty creepy if you live with it!!

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Gasrok:
thanks for all the info! it just gives me something to start with....most people i know are closed minded
so its great to talk to someone who at least has a clue
and dont think im just crazy! thanx

You're more than welcome. I hope you resolve the issue. Interesting bit abot the kid dying....but I'd still check records to see if it was in your house. That kind of thing would be in the papers, so see if you can find out when it happened, then go to the library, and search the newspaper files for it. Most now are computerized, and have search tools, that make it easier than looking throgh microfiche.... I still think you're dealing with just the child's energy though, but as I mentioned, there could also be a combo effect....

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Update!!!
Found out that a child did not die in my house, It was about 8 houses away!
well my search will continue.. there has been no activity within the last few days!
Gasrok::
think the childs energy idea is a good one as the child is away at camp ....and there has been nothing happen while she has been gone

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
how you are with it...(esp, psychics, etc.) you may actually want to explain this to the child (and depending on the age). If they are old enough to grasp it, and see the info on poltergeist activity themselves (especially in connection to youth telekinesis), then it may help alleviate any fear, if the child realizes that she may be causing it, and not some unseen entity. You know her better than I, so you'll have to decide whether to explain it, or leave it as unexplained....

I'm just glad you may be more relieved now...

She may continue to show signs of psychic awareness as she grows, or may not. Should be interesting to see...but keep it in the back of your mind, that she just may be aware of things others aren't, as she's obviously got some psychic ability....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join