It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: Dalek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What a brilliant episode. Best of this season so far. Nice to see the return of the longest running sci-Fi series in the world.

For those not in the UK.

Doctor Who is a being from the planet Gallifrey called a TimeLord who travels in a ship called a TARDIS. (Time and Relative Dimentions in Space) he can go to any dimention, any time period any location.

Years ago it was a fun character driven series with lets face it really bad SFX cos the UK doesnt have to money to make desent SFX) but the new series has computer CGI so effects are of almost US standard without losing the character driven stories.

This latest episode is excellent! Great to see those motorized murderous Daleks back!

trivia: Van Staton's assistant was Osiris from SG1 and i believed featured in X-files too. And in the museum bit anyone see the Alien Egg in the display case...

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Brilliant epidode...no more daleks though

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Brilliant epidode...no more daleks though

i know somone working on Dr Who and to your comment above... wanna bet...

WE WILL RETURN, WE WILL BE TRIUMPHANT! YOU WILL BE EX-TER-MIN-AAATED!

The 'Time-War' is not over...

[edit on 30-4-2005 by rustiswordz]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
i know somone working on Dr Who and to your comment above... wanna bet...

WE WILL RETURN, WE WILL BE TRIUMPHANT! YOU WILL BE EX-TER-MIN-AAATED!

The 'Time-War' is not over...

*dances around computer*

cool, Dr Who wouldn't be the same without the Daleks....

thanks

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I've seen all the new series episodes except this dalek one, they are really good. (I saw a bunch of the old ones too, as reruns, since I'm not THAT old, lol) I am curious about one thing, though. In the second episode, the tree lady mentioned that the Doctor's homeworld had been destroyed. Now, it has been several years since I'd last watched any Doctor Who episodes, but I seem to remember instances where there were other timelords; specifically, I seem to remember a trial of timelords convicting him of genocide at one point. So what the heck happened to the timelords, and why can't the Doctor just go and change time to save them

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
For me it's like Connery and Bond. After Tom Baker, there was no Doctor Who.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
oh I think they will be back

Dalek from Resurrection of the Daleks

Baker era Tardis

K9

Mechanoid

www.users.globalnet.co.uk...

[edit on 6/5/2005 by Sauron]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I've seen all the new series episodes except this dalek one, they are really good. (I saw a bunch of the old ones too, as reruns, since I'm not THAT old, lol) I am curious about one thing, though. In the second episode, the tree lady mentioned that the Doctor's homeworld had been destroyed. Now, it has been several years since I'd last watched any Doctor Who episodes, but I seem to remember instances where there were other timelords; specifically, I seem to remember a trial of timelords convicting him of genocide at one point. So what the heck happened to the timelords, and why can't the Doctor just go and change time to save them

Ok I saw 'Resurrection of the Daleks' today and the first half of my question was answered but not the second half.

BTW how come that Dalek kicked so much arse, while the Daleks in the original series were a bunch of wussies?????

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

BTW how come that Dalek kicked so much arse, while the Daleks in the original series were a bunch of wussies?????

Dalek's are easy to beat. All you need is a set of stairs.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Dalek's are easy to beat. All you need is a set of stairs.

But Daleks can levitate, and could even in the old series...

top topics

join