It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Social Security.. Please. Earned income as well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There is only one answer that will truely fix social security and that is to end it.
I want to see it end I dont want to pay into it any longer. I am 37 years old and I will cut my losses now. Just dont make me keep paying. Let the national dept/tax system continue to pay those above 50 now then end it. Period.

It was a nice thing back when our economy and numbers made it work. Well out nations economy will never again be able to support such a grand social program that it was.

End it now. All the schemes I have heard either turn it into a big BET (Stock Market) or a wellfare program. Id rater just see it ended. Let us pay it out through other means Taxes and Debt.

If we need a wellfare for the dieing poor that cannot work then so be it. But lets call it what it is. Heck I may need such a program someday, but if I take a handout please call it just that.

Also stop giving people who work less and make less than me my money. Earned Income credit. Ok ok sure take a tax brake but no way should you ever get a refund for more than you paid into the tax system. That my friend is a wellfare program and if you take my money then you are stealing it from me and using the governement to do it.

Simple as that.

X

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Truman and everyone else after him should have taken similar actions when Ida May Fuller paid $50 bucks over three years, retired at 63(?) and lived to be 100! Hello? And now a days SS is looked too much upon as a retirement plan more than the anti-poverty plan ment for it to be.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
No Xeven.. it's not as "simple as that".

It's obvious you don't understand why we have a social net or why we have social security in the first place. Also, do you even know why taxation is graduated? I'm sure you don't but I'm going to ask anyways. Can you answer these two question? I'll be waiting. Of course I'm sure you know about the other thread concerning this matter and what a coincident you start this one.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here's the other thread TxSecret

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They do seem very similar, and so I am closing this thread.

join