It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bush Made the Middle East Safer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   

--------------------------------------------------

This has got to be one of the funniest statements ive heard on this board ever
. Safer? Please!!

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

. Safer? Please!!

While I personally would not have made such a blanket assertion..Iraq will have a form of democratic government run in a secular fashion. They have their own government.
The amount of peace they have will depend on THEM.

A stable Iraqi government can only effect neighboring governments i.e., Iran, Syria etc. in a positive sense for OUR purposes-America that is. This will not happen in the short run, something I think many here either forgot or ignore to further the Bush bash party they're throwing. (woe in '04).

Israel/ Arab conflicts will continue for the most part, until the end of time. No President is going to cure this ailment.....

Ocelot, I suppose the region would have been safer with SH still in power?
Please give your hypothesis on a future with SH looming over the region.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

. Safer? Please!!

While I personally would not have made such a blanket assertion..Iraq will have a form of democratic government run in a secular fashion. They have their own government.
The amount of peace they have will depend on THEM.

A stable Iraqi government can only effect neighboring governments i.e., Iran, Syria etc. in a positive sense for OUR purposes-America that is. This will not happen in the short run, something I think many here either forgot or ignore to further the Bush bash party they're throwing. (woe in '04).

Israel/ Arab conflicts will continue for the most part, until the end of time. No President is going to cure this ailment.....

Ocelot, I suppose the region would have been safer with SH still in power?
Please give your hypothesis on a future with SH looming over the region.

LOL. OK Saddam Hussein wasnt going to do anything. After the US basically destroyed his army in the Gulf War? Hell SH didnt even put up much of a fight when we invaded them. A threat to his neighboors? Oh for god's sake. Are you serious? Why would he willingly insure his own destruction by invading one of his neighboors again knowing the US was looking for any excuse to have him out of there? Now Im sure you like to believe that the War in Iraq was justified and that all those american soldiers dying there every day died for something. But they didnt. They died because if the current administration's greed. As for the WMD's. He didnt have them. Do you think the US would have marched into Iraq so confidently if SH really had WMD's? Taking the chance that thousands of US soldiers would be killed is SH were to set off a nuke? I dont think so. Thats why the US will not invade NK. Because they actually do have Nuclear Weapons.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think, and I am serious, that you predicate your assumptions of SH on rational, western thought and strategy. The man had delusions of grandeur on a massive, psycotic scale. This man envisioned himself the resurrection of Nebudchanezzar. He is nuts. You actually think he was going to live in peace? You don't think he was trying to rebuild his weapons stache? Naive to the extreme.
www.gwu.edu...

Of course he wasnt going to operate with a presence looming over him..this is the reason the presence was there- to keep him from mischief.

[Edited on 3-8-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
LMAO!!!
. Ok Ok. Believe whatever you want to believe if that helps you sleep better at night. You're wrong... but hey I dont blame you. Millions of people like yourself bought into all the BS and propaganda coming out of the White House. Its just sad thats all.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

LMAO!!!
. Ok Ok. Believe whatever you want to believe if that helps you sleep better at night. You're wrong... but hey I dont blame you. Millions of people like yourself bought into all the BS and propaganda coming out of the White House. Its just sad thats all.

Calling millions of people wrong and then insulting their inteligence seems a bit odd?

Maybe you have bought into the propaganda too?

..oh, by the way, I sleep like a log because none of this will matter to me in the end.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

LMAO!!!

Calling millions of people wrong and then insulting their inteligence seems a bit odd?

Maybe you have bought into the propaganda too?

..oh, by the way, I sleep like a log because none of this will matter to me in the end.

Your final statement "none of this matters to me" sums up your position.

Let me tell you a little story about a man who this all does matter to, lets call him Jadir, Jadir welcomed the American troops in Iraq, he hated Saddam, Saddam had killed his uncle, and two of his brothers.
Only when the US fired a missile into a crowded market place one hot afternoon, Jadir's one year old baby girl was killed by flying shrapnel.
Now, this is a true story, i saw what i am about to tell you on BBC, Jadir held his baby up, weaping uncontrolably and said, "Why?" "Why did they do this?"
"Somebody has to pay for this, I am willing to go to America and blow myself up for this"

Now, go and tell Jadir that things are better now, at least he can go and visit his infant child's grave knowing he might get a vote in a few years time.

As far as democracy in Iraq goes, i believe the Afghani's were given that promise too:

www-hoover.stanford.edu...

The message from the Iraqi people to the US military is simple and consistant "Thankyou for getting rid of Saddam, now F*ck off!"

......................................................................................

The issue of whether the middle east is safer, well we all know the only country in the world capable of starting conflicts in that region today, it is the US. However the invasion of Iraq was only possible because of the world-wide hatred of Hussein (i think we can safely call him evil), but i am afraid that the evilness of Saddam is not what prompted the US to invade Iraq, it was economical reasons.

Everyone seems to have their own reasons for the Iraq war, but the only people who's reasons count for anything are Rummy and Cheney, Rummy used to be best of buddys with Saddam and Cheney voted against releasing Nelson Mandela from prison.

www.gwu.edu...

www.commondreams.org...

So, do you really think Rummy and Cheney give two fvcks about the Iraqi people?... exactly

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join