It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Bush's News Conference I Noticed Odd Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
At Bush's News Conference at the White House a couple days ago on CNN, I noticed when he's talking about Democracy in Iraq he's on the button and making quick informative answers, but when it came to Social Security he was oddly looking down at his feet for split seconds and taking long breaths almost like if someone was talking in his ear. Also he's an obvious hypocrite he was talking about how he's glad to see that the U.S could do this and that for Iraq and help them through the elections and then someone asks towards the end of the conference "Mr.President what are your opinions about Syrias withdrawal from Lebanon" and he mumbles a couple things and says "Well we wanted to have no country's presence in Lebanon so they could have a fair election without Syria persuading votes. I could not believe what just came out of his mouth my respect factor for this man was suddenly lost...

Opinions Anyone?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
yea i noticed the same thing.Like he forgot to tie his shoe or something.He seems very interested in Irans oil supply,as he was in Iraq's oil (sound familiar)

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, Oil is his thing and taking in consideration that Iraq and Iraq oil are the good oil, he and his energy business companies friends would be salivating on it if they get to control the "insurgency in Iraq"

After all the yearly earnings of the oil industry is overwhelming while we paid the prices they make the millions and even with all the earnings they will not even part with incentives to lower gas prices.

Now the social security.........even when he is banging on it and telling that needs to be "save" he actually has not clue on how he is going to start the personal accounts that will make wall street a very profitable business to dig in.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So you think the US's presence in Iraq is some sort of influential factor and that by saying he is glad Syria is gone from Lebanon so they may not persuade the election outcomes that he is being hypocritical? Refresh my mind would you: Where the Syrians responsible for the start of Lebanese elections? Because if the Syrian's are not responsible for the start of these elections then I have no f-ing clue about what you are saying. Without the US presence in Iraq there would be only one name on the ticket. So why compare the two my friend.
From what I've read Syria has next to nil in the Lebanese election proccess and the US is soley responsible for any hint of a democratic process in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You noticing him looking down for a few seconds has to be the best proof he is wearing a wire. I can't see how someone else could argue. Did you contact the newspaper yet? It's amazing.

I think everyone that was watching him give the speech was like, "What the fu*k??!! Why did he just look down!? My god that is suspicious. No one ever pauses for a few seconds and everyone knews that you have to constantly stare directly at the audience, never take your eyes off them... NEVER".

Good thing you noticed this. This is going to be BIG news.. just watch.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
People is a reason why Mr. Bush only do conferences in closed monitor environments, like his "fake town meetings"

Bush has a problems with direct questions..........when he feels threatened he gets nervous, he gets confuse and his speech become slurred.

Some people has that type of problems and that is OK, for the regular Joe, but when you have the president with a possible problem like that people will never understand.

Once in a while he has not other choice but to be in the open and as you noticed no amount of training can take away the fact that he has a problem.

I think he handle the question about the filibuster judges quite well without taking sides with the Religion issue.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I don't think its a wire, its just that about the desire for oil, it's a no-brainer and he can be firm and sincere. Now social security, thats a delicate issue, like telling people to bend for the soap...

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Republicans and Democrats are very different speakers. Undoubtly so. When Clinton was hit with such 'hard' question as Bush was he would look around the room, throw on a concocted smile, and shuffle his hands through the air and most of the time give his 'thumb solute'. What Bush does when he looks down at his feet seems no different. Just the manuerisms of giving a speech.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul_Contagious
I could not believe what just came out of his mouth my respect factor for this man was suddenly lost...

Opinions Anyone?

You had respect for him?

I dont understand America i really dont. Can you guys not see that this guy shouldnt be president? How can people vote for him? are you totally controlled by your TV? Really think about it, because just try comparing him to some of the great presidents you have had in the past.
Thats a no brainer as far as im concerned.
It obvious the guy hasnt got a clue what hes doing, or at least likes to pretend he hasnt, for me that was obvious from day one. Thats my opinion

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul_Contagious
when it came to Social Security he was oddly looking
down at his feet for split seconds and taking long breaths

That's his style when he knows something isn't going to work.
Social security has to be fixed. That's true. The dems have offered
nothing. That's true. The privatization of Social Security is a
bad idea that's doomed to fail but just because it's the only idea
in town doesn't mean that we have to go for it.

I heard investors and people who understand the market talking
on TV (talking heads). They all think privatization is wonderful.
They forget that most people don't understand the stock market
and that tons of idiots will go for the quick buck ... just to lose it
all. Remember the dot coms? People lost everything. Lazy and/or
uninformed people will make bad investment choices and in the end
the middle class taxpayers will have to step in and give up more $$
to support those millions of people who made bad investments.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
How DARE you question Lord Bush!!

Bush is God now, no one told you? You better go along with everything he says. Matter of fact, don't even think when you obey him. Just do it.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oil is what this comes down to, I believe that is the only reason the War On Iraq started, once he establishes a democracy there, he will get in return esentially, more oil for less, and he will have more control over it and the country, then then he will figure out a way to take over another country and slowly by surely the US will gain control over more and more countries, at least I think that is his plan, it was his fathers plan from the get go, now his son is here to finish up what popps started. Bush is a waste of a human being!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh ya, almost forgot to mention that the whole 9/11 thing was the only way he could have a liable excuse to go to war in the first place, but im sure that all of you have heard that more than once, so here it is one more time.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I notice odd things every time I hear or see what this guy has to say. That he is "president" is a clear demonstration that the United States has sunk to a level of decadent stupidity and outrageous apathy. It's like we're half asleep to allow he and his ilk to run the country (into the ground). He's that asshole you walked by in high school shaking your head because of the person's vast vapidity.

new topics

top topics

join