It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The Uk people here...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hi guys,

All of you that are reading this, that are currently living in the uk. this is probaly nothing but has anybody seen an increase in the amount of advertisments for the army recently?

Im not assuming anything here, or saying that this is true i just wanted to know if anyone else has seen an increase?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yeah i have mopre so for the TA - Hey 27 days Army pay

to get my head cut off in some country i have no interest in

Yeah i'll have some of that please

: Can you tell the difference between the real soilder and the TA
Thats because ......blah blah blah

Do they really think we are that gullible.....well i'm not anyway
I would fight just not to fight if that makes any sense.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Apart from the Territorial Army (which is like a cross between part-time soldiers and the us National Guard) no big increase in normal army advertising.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Quote 1 "YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A PILOT, TO BE IN THE RAF"

nice one, I can't wait to get in our 30 year old tanks and ride em for the next ten years when countries like pakistan are buying up technologies like they are going out of fasion..

Quote 2 "IM NOT ALONE, AS AN ARMY OFFICER, I HAVE SOME OF THE MOST SKILLED PEOPLE BEHIND ME" (Roll in the old ass tanks, cutting edge technology, my ass)

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If there is an increase (which I have noticed slightly), then it is just the advertising Guru's deciding now is a good time.

Why?

Because we are coming up to the end of the School year and it is School leavers they want.

Why?

Because, if you leave it too long after you leave school, leave home and get a life, you realise that being shouted at, told when to take a dump and when to die is not really that fun and you would much rather go down the pub or smoke a few spliffs.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i did notice this, i even mentioned it to my kids. They do seem to be advertising an awful lot these days. The reason?.....i have absolutely no idea.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yes, there has been a marked increase in these types of adverts. Its been going on since february.

There has also been an increase in the government sponsored safety message type adverts (like that little kid saying "if you hit me at 30 miles per hour, there's an 80% chance I'll live...")

There's a simple reason for this, as was pointed by my regular radio station when responding to listener complaints about the amount of such ads.
The government and the MOD have an anual budget for advertising and information broadcasts, and in the last financial year they have underspent, and only taken note of the fact at the last quarter of the financial year.
What they have done now is just thrown all the remaining funds at these adverts, inadvertently ensuring a few months worth of blanket coverage. Hopefully they'll die down again over the next few weeks, now that the new financial year is underway.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by Paul]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sorry to re-open this post, has anyone played them backwards to check for subliminal messages, like the US army supposedly did in 60's(?)

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've seen the lateset ad for the TA, and have decided to join the Royal Marines as an officer when I leave university.

I'm not sure what my motives are, but I suppose one reason is that I'm just use to order and being told what to do (due to my schoolong) and am actually in a CCF unit which I really enjoy.

The reason for getting shouted at and ebing told what to do and when to do it, is to get use to taking orders under pressure and maintaining battlefield discipline. What use is a soldier if he refuses to listen to his commanding rank (be it officer or a more senior NCO) in the middle of a fire fight when he's jepodising the rest of his squad?

As for the rise in ads, they tend to be on and off. They want people with A Levels and a university degree to be officers because they'll be cleverer then the average squaddie.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
Quote 2 "IM NOT ALONE, AS AN ARMY OFFICER, I HAVE SOME OF THE MOST SKILLED PEOPLE BEHIND ME"

LOL...This is the problem you see. I don't want them to be behind me...I want them in front of me. Perhaps it should say
"IM NOT ALONE, AS AN ARMY OFFICER, I HAVE SOME OF THE MOST SKILLED PEOPLE BEHIND ME, WHILE I'M OUT FRONT ACTING AS TARGET PRACTICE FOR ANYONE WHO FANCIES A GO"

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
lmao you are correct there have been more ads for the TA on TV while i watch sky 1 im sure theres been almost 3 in the 1hr while i watch a stargate or similar tv show.

The army is a good career for some people dont know about the TA though??

Dont the TA get bad medical treatment compared to the top notch treatment the ARMY soldiers get.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
better that the school leavers and other eligable individuals get a trade and earn as opposed to living on benefit and having kids they can't afford to raise without government grants...

external image

[edit on 15/1/06 by Klepto]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ive noticed an increase in Army adverts there seems to be one in every commercial break, also has any seen the small royal navy ads in the local job pages begining "playstation experts wanted" or similar .

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Talk Sport have started to do an advertisement for the army, which they call "Soldier diaries" I have seen numerous advertisements on the TV.

The slogan that they use is "British Army be the best" I would disagree with that, mainly because of the Northern Ireland situition ie bloody sunday.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Definatly seen an increase with advertisments on buses and local radio here in Leicester, its mainly TA and RAF though, I still see the odd soldier.mod.uk ads though.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
there has always been the advert which shows you can join the army and do many different things, be behind lines, technical things etc...but very recently there's one that's all about mechanical infantry and joining up so you can go to the front line.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
there has always been the advert which shows you can join the army and do many different things, be behind lines, technical things etc...but very recently there's one that's all about mechanical infantry and joining up so you can go to the front line.

Well they have to replace the 100 they have lost in Iraq though.

I have noticed it allot myself, it does focus around shows with a military theme (eg Stargate, Over-there ect.), It could be that they are trying to increase there rank in readiness for a upcoming conflict (Iran?). Or it could be that i am just paranoid.

new topics

top topics

join