It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experienced Writing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I just wondered if anyone has written anything about experiences that they have actually been through themselves. The following is about a 'moment' that myself and the girl i like (a lot
) had a little while ago.

Embraced, in the arms of one another we lay. The moment we share, alone together, in a world far from the reality in which we live from day to day. I hold you with a passion that I have never felt before, a feeling electrically charged that I have never experienced with anyone until now. I long to kiss you as our pattern of breathing synchronises into one single exhilarating flow, as you touch my face and I hold yours. All my emotions seem irrelevant whilst I remain motionless thinking only of you. Waiting for your soft lips to move closer, to glide over mine and share the warm caress that would so readily be given, only if u desire. It never comes. I’m scared to move and break the rhythm of the beating heart that resides within me. Too afraid to reach out with my kiss, the moment passes. I am lost.

Dont ya just hate it when that happens!!! Grrrrr

Well if anyone else has real life experiences that they have written about, whether to do with emotions or not then please show us
...as long as its interesting! hehe

Shinobi

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Advice, From Living

A past that is empty has no regrets,
Refresh the memories and fade out the hurt,
Once a lost child who worshipped the world,
Now a thinker, with only pain in your eyes.
I once thought of a future, I became apprehensive
The unknown I avoided so well.
Now the future is upon me and it’s not so bad,
But my past haunts me,
Whispering silently
Behind me in the wind

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here's a little story I wrote about a plant I eventually ended up naming David. My time with it was a wonderful experiance. I hope it's interesting enough for you.

Tenacious Life

Have you ever admired a plant? I have. It’s a climbing plant that lives not far from my balcony. Broad green leaves that are constantly reaching towards the heavens and climbing everything in site to get there. A plant with a goal. That’s more than I can say for allot of people I know.

Last summer I watched as it climbed the guide wires to the top of an electric pole. Slowly but surely it made its way and once there it still kept trying to reach out but ran into some obstacles. Namely the live wires that would zap and singe it away, allowing it to go no further. It spread out all around the live wires as if it was testing them, or maybe teasing them. I'm not sure. It seemed to be a pretty smart plant. When the wind picked up the leaves would be frying right and left and disappearing into little smoke trails. If a storm came along it looked more like the fourth of July. The plant would get wet and then be blown into the wires and the whole top of the plant seemed to light up and has veins of electricity shoot thru it. The next morning I’d go out on my balcony to look at it and could tell right away that it was in pain. All burnt up and drooping everywhere. You think it would learn its lesson about messing with the force it was facing. It refused to back down though. In a day or so I’d see it perking back up and heading for those live wires again, as if it had come up with another plan to finally get around them.

Then one day the determined plant went too far. I was puttering around, just cleaning up a bit when everything went out. The power was gone. I walked outside and looked at the pole. What a sight to see.

That plant had finally just grabbed those electric lines and strangled them to death. I'm not sure if it was anger, frustration, or an attempted suicide but the plant had finally won. My personal opinion is that the plant had spent the summer feeling out the lines and looking for its weak spot and once finding it had killed with a vengeance, but that’s just me.

I did the only thing I could under the circumstances. I started clapping.

You've probably guessed that this story doesn't end here.

About an hour later the men from the electric company were milling around at the base of the pole. After pushing the plant this way and that they finally found the fuse looking thing and replaced it. Power was restored and they went away.

I felt sorry for the plant. After all it had gone thru to slay its archenemy, the thing had been resurrected like some horrible monster from its grave.

It gets worse. When I came home from work the next day the plant that had fought so valiantly was no more. They had come that day with machete’s and weed eaters and hacked and weed eated until there was nothing left except the tendrils of its former self hanging from the higher places. It looked as if the very earth from which it had grown had been salted. I wanted to cry.

The view from my balcony was not the same after that. I quit going out there for the rest of that fall. Come winter I didn’t want to go out there and with the arrival of spring I felt better. For some reason I had developed hope. I kept watching, waiting. I believed in that plant even if it didn’t. Somehow I knew it would come back.

It was in late June when I first noticed the tendrils going up the guide wire. By July they were a quarter of the way up. All thru July I kept cheering it on, I even went out and watered it during the dry spell we had. My plant and I are on a mission.

Its now mid August and once again the plant is at the top of the pole. I’m writing these words now because just this afternoon it reached out and touched the power again and promptly had one of its leaves vaporized. I watched in wonder.

This plant could be you, or me, or any one of the people we know. Always reaching for the highest we can go. Dancing with the energy of life and dangers that face us. Finding our way around it, trying to go thru it or finally just strangling it out of our way. Sometimes we get cut back to the very roots from whence we came but always, always, we strive.

Its good to be alive.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow mrwupy...I am awe struck.
A way above from me to you for that lovely piece.........VERY good.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
ShinobiAurora
Take a chance,to tell how you feel.
Maybe she feels,the same as you.
Wouldn't it be wonderful
If she did.
If not,be friends.
She may turn around.
If not,then there will be others.
Someone as special
as you appear to be.
Will welcome you,wholely.
when they see your soul.
Smile,love hurts.
Smile,love embraces.
Smile,love is forever.
Wish you well!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Lol, thanx Silver for the advice...wish it was that simple though!

And Loving the poetic advice styleeeee, if thats not proof that life is 'one big love poem' as a friend once told me, idk wat is!

A Quiet Moment Alone

Photos of memories sit untouched on the bed,
She stares at the sheets upon which he once lay.
Too much sadness to bare, tears flow from her eyes
The good times together are all that she sees.
Completed by him, blessed by a love so strong
Surrounded by special warmth, it’s never gone
Only once in a lifetime can true passion exist
Her faith in the world disappeared with his shadow.
Wanting no more than for him to appear and lay upon her a tender kiss
This lonely woman, once a princess in his gaze,
Reduced, distracting her mind from the pain.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
lol ShinobiAurora!
I know how you feel.
Time
will change how you feel.

Mornings alone
with no to hug
tears flowing
no one to love.
Tomorrow
might your encounter
with that special one.
Will it be a stranger
bumping to you,
or someone close,
that finally shares.
The love they finally
dared to show,
but were afraid
you might say no.
Keep your heart,
open to love,
then someday,someone
special will see.
The love in your eyes,
as deep as the sea!!

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A broken tree house sways and moves,
He stares from his window crying,
Leaves blowing in the wind with dusty clouds,
His head occupied with his best friend dying.
For ten long years they played and they laughed,
Felt so happy when the other smiled,
From birth grew like family; but never fighting at all,
Such a loss is hard, but harder for a child.
The boy, he wipes a tear as he hears
His father calling him downstairs to the yard
A box lies motionless on the table, he sees
As he passes by quickly, trying to ignore
But he looks and cries ‘daddy, bring him back! please!’
His father puts an arm around his shoulder,
Calls the boy’s brothers outside.
They carry the coffin between them smoothly,
Behind his daddy he hides.
A few words are spoken the box disappears
The man says to his son ‘you have to be brave’
The child steps forward and places a flower,
Upon the gravel newly covering his best friend’s grave.
Stepping back his arm reaches and finds a warm hand,
Alone he says calmly a prayer,
His words are his own and show nothing but love
‘From my window, I’ll look and you’ll always be there’

P.s. If anyone is wondering why they buried the kids friend in the garden after leaving his coffin on the kitchen table, it was about my dog when i was 7! - Thought i'd clear it up after the disgusted look i got from my girlfriend when i showed her and she thought my family were all freaks!

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm not so good with the poetry, but a few of us have written some prose about our own memories. Do enjoy.

Shiny.

DE

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
All the poems that i write are about my experiences and some of my short stories too. I'll try to find some to post.

new topics

top topics

join