It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Missing Bride-to-Be Found in New Mexico (Update: Abduction a Hoax)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640

Police in New Mexico said she will face no criminal charges, despite her false kidnapping story. When asked what would happen in Georgia, Duluth Police Chief Randy Belcher told reporters: "No criminal charges."

www.cnn.com...

The Georgia Police Chief didn't sound too happy about that to me --do you think there might have been a bit of pressure from the Judge (can't remember if he was future father-in-law or father)

I'm sorry- but I feel there should be criminal charges -- like I said even if it is a stipulation of mental health care, paying for the cost of the search, and probation. She shouldn't get off with nothing. If she had just walked off then called from another place and didn't say where she was but that she needed some time to think things out I wouldn't feel this way -- but she put time and planning into making this look like a crime and when she was ready to go home she continued by giving a description of the vehicle and the people who were supposed to have abducted her.

I agree.
This stinks. And the "news" is being so sympathetic to her and her "prominent" family it's disgusting.

She accused a hispanic man in a blue van of abducting her. Prior to that who knows how much tax money was spent looking for her? And the husband was facing a lie detector test?

Humiliation is too good for this racist hoax conspiratress. She needs jail.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Remember the case last year, I think it was in Michigan, where a college student staged her abduction? She was charged and forced to pay for the cost of her search. Why in the world is Jennifer not going to be charged with anything? Is it because she comes from a wealthy family or was about to marry into a wealthy family and the college girl wasn't?

I don't think jail time would benefit anyone in Jennifer's case, but I do think that she needs to face some type of punishment. A hefty fine and community service in addition to mandatory therapy seems like it would be fitting.

Jemison

That'd work for me.
Jail, fine, court ordered therapy. Whatever man.

If she'd had 3 beers and drove home, she'd get it. What the hell? Our legal system is a joke.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why do these bitches always blame minorities? Do they think it's more believable? Is it more believable?

Jesus...

It's such a shame, but this sort of thing happens relatively frequently, and RARELY in the reverse.

Does this speak to the ingrained racism of our society, or what?

So frustrating that this spoiled [expletive deleted] can get away with this just because she's got a pedigree.

Hell, my old dog had a pedigree, that didn't stop me from rolling up a newspaper when he seasoned the living room carpet!

[edit on 30-4-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Remember folks that she can face a civil lawsuit by the government for recovery of funds spent on the case, even if she's not charged criminally.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
dj
What are the chances of that happening, in your estimation?

If she was a random citizen, I would be almost assured of that outcome.

In this case, I'd be surprised if anything happened to punish her. More likely this story will get dropped like a hot potato.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I doubt it will happen, and yes, it's partially because she's from a prominent family. But on the other hand, this would have never blown up into a large criminal investigation if it hadn't been for that either. Runaway brides aren't that uncommon and I doubt anything like this would have happened in less than week over an everyday person.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Oh this is grand. Not one charge against her. What about all the people searching for her. What about all the money spent. What about lying to the police and FBI? What if it was her husband to be that did this? WOuld he be charged? THis is rediculous.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Why do these bitches always blame minorities? Do they think it's more believable? Is it more believable?

Jesus...

It's such a shame, but this sort of thing happens relatively frequently, and NEVER in the reverse.

Does this speak to the ingrained racism of our society, or what?

not true I can think of one case off the bat the young black girl in New York who claimed to have been kidnapped and gang raped by a group of whites.

Al Sharpton was even involved in it

There are idiots and bigots on BOTH sides of the fence

but back to the topic

She should have the book thrown at her, I would hope at least some jail time a fine probaby paid by those she hurt the worse (Parents and Boy-Friend) would not be enough

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
E-Harmony has found your perfect match!

Marry me!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Damn that free personality profile test....

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Amuk
I never heard about that one! I'm gonna make a little edit on my earlier post, it will from now on read RARELY, and I think that's accurate, do you agree?

I know there are idiots and racists on both sides, believe me, I know. It was never my intent to make it sound like black folks or Mexicans, or whoever are not human (perfect). But I had only ever heard about these abduction stories from one side of the fence.

In any case, thanks for broadening my horizons with that...

Edit: Damn she's creepy looking! I'd love to know what the prospective hubby looked like. But damn..I mean yikes! She keeps smiling like that, she's liable to hurt herself. I also thought I'd mention, that doesn't appear to be a genuine smile. Her eyes are WIDE, but they're not smiling. I suppose a genuine smile wouldn't fit right..seeing as she's not a genuine person.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Edit: Damn she's creepy looking! I'd love to know what the prospective hubby looked like. But damn..I mean yikes!

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Okay, I understand completely.

hehe

BTW, he's REALLY smiling!

Thanks RANT, awesome response time!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Amuk
I never heard about that one! I'm gonna make a little edit on my earlier post, it will from now on read RARELY, and I think that's accurate, do you agree?

don't have a clue about the numbers the only two incidents I can even remember are the Susan Smith one and the Tawina? incident and the only reason I remember them is because of the publicity. But just because something isnt published on every channel on TV for days and weeks doesnt mean it didnt happen.

How many people had the plug pulled on them during the Terri Shiavio case without a peep from the media?

How many other women went missing during this without a peep?

But as for false accusations, have you seen any real numbers on this? I havent and till then I cant really comment one way or the other

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Does anyone think that Jennifer will hold a press conference and apologize to everyone for her prank? I'm sure she'll come out with some statement that will be read by someone else but I think she owes it to everyone that was concerned about her to apologize in person, not hide behind a paper and pen.

I wonder if the elation of finding her has worn off and if her family and friends are starting to get really angry for what she put them through. I can't imagine that her fiance will still marry her ... he's not very smart if he does. Imagine if they stayed together and they had a child and she suffered from post partum depression! If the stress of an upcoming wedding stresses her out so much she has to fake an abduction what would the stress of having a child and the hormonal imbalance to do her?!?

Jemison

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Here's a picture of the happy couple:

She still looks freaky but that's a much better picture of him, I feel really sorry for him now, you shouldn't make fun of him.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
She still looks freaky but that's a much better picture of him, I feel really sorry for him now, you shouldn't make fun of him.

I know.
I'm just mad he's not mad. He's still defending her on the news. Door mat.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Amuk
Well, I know the statistics on child abduction point to a discrepancy on reporting, favoring white children over black children. There're numerous websites trying to get justice in reporting the abductions of black children.

Because of that, I would expect to find the same bias in reporting these sorts of incidents, as far as who gets preference, the white mother vs. black mother. I've never seen any numbers, and I can only recall the one really publicized case, but I know I've seen more...

I seem to remember a story about a woman who said her car was stolen with her baby in the seat, and she blamed 'some hispanic man', but I can't for the life of me remember the woman's name, or where the incident took place.

If I remember any others, I'll post 'em. Until then, I guess I'm at the mercy of deductive logic and my piss-poor memory.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm thinking the would-be baby would have a lot more to worry about than mommy's postpartum depression. I can't get this baby to work out right either way I cut it:

I mean you've got deer-in-the-headlight eyes conjoined with "gummy-teeth" syndrome.

We've narrowly averted a major atrocity here.

[edit on 4-30-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If I remember any others, I'll post 'em. Until then, I guess I'm at the mercy of deductive logic and my piss-poor memory.

I only have the piss poor memory

I wouldnt doubt it I just dont know enoughj about it to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join