It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS mod's body found!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
I know i sound either thick or stupid or cruel but this thread is one big joke isnt it?

Nope. It's an entirely true story. Netchicken has never been known to post anything but the truth (omg I don't believe I just wrote that).

And anyway. Nobody has seen Thomas Crowne around for a day or two.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
O
M
G

That was great! Just what I needed after my bloody senior portfolio.
Bloody brilliant.

Last I heard, mods were people. And, let me tell you, I like ATS, but I LOVE not crapping my pants.

Yeah.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Edit: Sauron - Amuk already started a collection, back on page 1, something about whiskey and steaks.

James - see above. I don't think the hillbilly biker will take kindly to you muscling in on his charity territory.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by WyrdeOne]

Sauron, James

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Get your own greif striken widow to take up a collection for this one is mine

Whats this world cooming to when you cant even try to care for a poor abandoned widow without a couple of hucksters trying to horn in on your compassionate love for your fellow beings.

Once again make the checks out to Amuk or just send your account or credit card numbers and I will take care of the rest

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I hate to point out the obvious but this just proves that a hell of a lot of the Human race will believe anything they read no matter how absurd.

It also shows that a lot of people only read the first post before they rush to share their wisdom with us.

This has to be the funnest thread ever

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Hmmm. I would have sworn I saw him at the water cooler this morning...
but, maybe not

Netchicken, I needed that

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Good, huh?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Poor Yorick, I knew him well...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
:slaps forehead, sells stock in the human race:

I'm done, I promise.

give it up.................they'll eventually read the links and figure out its SATIRE.

although i'm thinking they could be kids and not know the meaning of the word SATIRE!!

angie

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
When I first read this I thought it was William one sac!!!

I think WOS should feel insulted by this. To insinuate he would live such a pathetic, loser lifestyle.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
that was beautiful.
nice to hear somebody's last words would be to edsinger...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Did anyone ever find out for sure if he really was an ATS mod?

Also, I too am addicted to the Internet, but like a previous poster said he/she does; I also bathe, eat, go out, shop, clean, do laundry, watch TV, etc.... There must have been something more going on there than perhaps meets the eye.

I do, and have for a while now wondered if people who get involved in discussion groups, forums, you know, where they can interact with other people online, anonymously, are either very, very lonley, or have such low self esteem that they feel that if they are only seen through an avatar, and known by a username, that that is the only way they will ever feel that they are accepted.

I also wonder sometimes if I don't in a way fit that profile myself a little. I mean, I have always gotten along with most people, usually had an assortment of people who would hang around my house almost all the time, although they were mainly acquaintances. I would let them stay, bathe, etc... just because I was always wanting company. I didn't need to talk to them or anything, unless I wanted to, I just needed to know that there were people around me. Is that strange?

Then, through very unpleasant circumstances, I arrived in a part of the country in which I have been now for about the last 4 years. I absolutely hate the midwestern state I'm in. I grew up in Southern California, which was about as different as it can get from here. But, my unpleasant circumstances have changed, and I now have a boyfriend, (who is from here) but is very good to me, and I love him very much. He though is not very sociable, so, we really don't have any friends. We pretty much just have each other and our cat.

ATS is pretty much the first and only discussion forum that I visit regularly, and I didn't pick it at random. I did stumble here by accident, but I joined because I saw that many of the people on here had much the same beliefs that I do. Here, is really the only place I can share my beliefs, and I know that there are always going to be some people who are rude, sarcastic, or simply have different beliefs as I. That is to be expected. But there are also more people on this board who share in what I believe than all the (offline) people I have ever known all put together.

Well, sorry I got rambling. May the poor man rest in peace.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
OK one more time...It's a...Oh never mind.

(Walks away mumbling, "If they haven't got it by now...")

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh, stop. This is too much......

I can simpathize..I'm moving and i dont know how i will manage this move across country with no internet and no ATS friends

I wish i had a laptop...

Hey, they do have an "Internet Anonymous" group, i heard about it. By the same people who run Alcoholics anonymous and all that stuff. Some people cant even go to work because they want to stay home and post

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A coalition of many of the boards he was on has been formed. We are setting up a trust so that research can begin on this life-threatening affliction. If you would like to contribute...please send all donations to darwinman1.

Together, we can defeat Hyperinternetus.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Warning: SartreAhead!

This is an outrage!

A man is dead, and some of my less savory fellow ATSers see fit to mock him?

What's wrong with you people! This man is dead. DEAD!

Does that mean nothing to you?

At long last, have you no decency?

Damn right we should take up a collection! This could happen to any of us!

You there. Yeah, you, with the chips in your hand. Haven't you wondered what would happen if no one brought you food?

This article TELLS you what would happen! There, but for the grace of God, buddy.

And for those of you who see fit to mock this poor soul, why the bloody hell do you keep dragging Sartre into this? He has nothing to do with it!

Well, except perhaps for the existential irony of a man too obsessed with communication to eat, but that's beside the point.

I swear, people these days. You should be ashamed of yourselves! :shk:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hilarious ......

After, going through so many sympathetic posts even after the countless satire warnings, I assume not many ATS members go though the previous posts

I also assume if I keep going through all the previous posts I would end up like Wanamaker

Dilemma: To READ or NOT TO READ.....Anybody who helps me out on this gets a charitable donation in their name contributed to Amuk's fund for the deceased soul.

Also, I am now taking bets that the sympathies continue...anyone upto it

*current odds 1:1*

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
you sure about that Chicken?

BillyOneBall is gone from this Earth?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wasn't April fools over a month ago? This article is demeaning and upsets me greatly. I feel sorry for whomever started this thread.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Reverse Reverse Reverse Psychology

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Wasn't April fools over a month ago? This article is demeaning and upsets me greatly. I feel sorry for whomever started this thread.

I thought it was rather amusing, myself -- especially some of the responses.

I can't even keep track of how many different levels of irony are embodied in this thread, but it's a pretty big number.

Oh well, while our dearly departed Mr. Wanamaker pushes up daises, at least we are free to frolic and taunt his blessed memory from the sun-bleached astroturf above.

Now, about that collection...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Please make the donations payable to CPYKOmega, not Majic! As he will use it in a sponsorship scandal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join