It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Recruiters Are Recruiting Drug Addicts And Highschool Dropouts. (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
How far will the U.S. Army go to bring young men and women into their ranks? A full Army investigation is under way and two soldiers have been suspended from recruiting after CBS4 alerted the Army to some local recruiting tactics. An Arvada West High School senior wanted to find out if the Army would enlist a young man who did not meet their standards, so he made up a story about having little education and a drug problem.

news4colorado.com
ARVADA, Colo. (CBS4) -- Last month the U.S. Army failed to meet its goal of 6,800 new troops.

Aware of this trend, David McSwane, a local high school student, decided he wanted to find out to what extent some recruiters would go to sign up soldiers who were not up to grade.

McSwane, 17, is actually just the kind of teenager the military would like. He's a high school journalist and honor student at Arvada West High School. But McSwane decided he wanted to see "how far the Army would go during a war to get one more solider."

McSwane contacted his local army recruiting office in Golden with a scenario he created. He told a recruiter that he was a dropout and didn't have a high school diploma.

"No problem," the recruiter explained. He suggested that McSwane create a fake diploma from a non-existent school.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is very troubling. We do not need Army recruiters doing this. But i want to know how widespread this is i highly doubt this only happened at this one place i think it is a national crisis. It troubles me that a highscool dropout, drug addict can just get in to a place where they give you a guns and give you the control to take anothers life. Below is a link to an 8 min video with an Army Recruiter talking about this incident. So what do you guys think what are your opinions?

Related News Links:
kcncimg.dayport.com

[edit on 30-4-2005 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Does anyone have any opinions about this?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I covered this earlier today.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

join