It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the whore in revelation Mystery babylon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Now there are references in revelation to both the harlot and babylon. My question is are they the same? I think this is very important because it could answer a question in the form of: is it possible that they are describing both of the US and EU

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
They look like they're the same thing to me:

1One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters. 2With her the kings of the earth committed adultery and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries."

3Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5This title was written on her forehead:
      MYSTERY
      BABYLON THE GREAT
      THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES
      AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.

Revelation 17

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Get ready for as many answers as there are people

www.tribulationforces.com...

Im not sure about physical babylon, but the spiritual I concur with.

The EU looks more like the 7th head with the 10 horns (WEU Military union).

Its possible that the USA and RUSSIA are Ezekiel 39:6....a local Mideast Nuclear exchange turns into a full US-Russian exchange.

You have to remember that the whore (which is mystery babylon like you said) is the religion spoken of all throughout the OT.
Baal and Astarte/Ishtar/Isis/Madonna/Venus.
The goddess of sex, fertility, easter. The RCC

The RCC is in the EU. The woman rides the beast. every head of the beast
Assyria
Babylon
Egypt
Persia
Greece
Rome
has owned Israel.

(BTW..baal is the god to whom the people use to sacrifice the babies that were made at the orgies of astarte. They would burn the babies just like we do today. The nightclubs are the ishtar shrines and the clinics are baals alter)
Not literal of course...but too much of a coincidence for me.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
so you are saying that the EU is mystery babylon? I will check out Ezekiel 39:6 when I get a chance, but I am just trying to clarify. Yes I think they are the same as well, I am just wondering if there is an offshoot chance they arent.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
No, the EU would be the toes of Daniel 2.
Also the 7th head and 10 horns of Daniel 7 and Revelation.

The Babylon whore is the apostate church..the ones who say that all religions are the same...the ones that say god is gay, the ones that say you dont need Jesus to have eternal life....etc etc...

The religion of ancient Babylon was built around the Sungod and Sex Goddess.
The sungod has many names from the different countries and so does the sex goddess.

The sungod was Baal, Molech, Osiris, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin ...many more, same dude

the sex goddess is Semerimis, Astarte, Ishtar, Isis, Aphrodite, Madonna, Venus, Oester, Mary.

Now go take a look at the Rome-Babylon thread in this forum
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Rome is the whore, babylon. The same titles given to Mary...are from those others

Queen of Heaven, Mother of God (this stuff is NOT christian), Co-redeemer, and most of all... the sex goddess remained a virgin no matter how many times she had sex or how many guys she had at one time.
The RCC calls mary the 'prepetual virgin".

Guess where the EU was started? Rome, 1948-49
take a look at that thread
dont be deceived

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I got bets on Bade rhymes with spade..

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The book of Revelation is NOT predictive or prophetic of historical events.It is written in symbols (metaphors) and signs(numbers).It is about one thing only as the 1st verse says ....The unveiling (apocalypse) of Yahoshua(God is Salvation) christ(the anointing..the power of God)...nothing more ....nothing less.

Mystery Babylon and The Great Whore of Babylon are one and the same.....ALL RELIGION.Babylon means babel..the confusion of words...a perfect description of all religion.If you go looking for "mystery's" in the book of Revelation that is all you will find...mystery's and conspiracy's that aren't true.
edit on 4-8-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yeah the Woman in Scarlet is the Whore, and Mystery Babylon. Some people think it's Rome/the Vatican, some people think it's Jerusalem. Both sit on 7 hills. Both have spilled the blood of prophets and martyrs of Jesus but only one executed Ha'Moshiach the Holy One and that was Jerusalem. Biblically "women" is often metaphorical for a religion, church or synagogue or even cult, yet "women" are often symbolized as cities.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Just wanted to throw my two cents in... The name written on her head is because she fell asleep... Idk

join