It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Religions of the world always refer to miracles....what are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Eastern Orthodox Church refer to "the miracle of fire" that takes place annually . Roman Catholics refer to Lourdes and Fatima. I even recall a recent Hindu miracle wherin a god of theirs, represented by elephant statues, manifested itself when the little statues would actually drink milk when placed at the statues mouth. What are some other miracles from varying faiths do you know about? I am especially interested in know about Islamic miracles and, perhaps, Budhist miracles. And please, don't mention those "apparitions" of the Blessed Virgin on Tacos, the sides of buildings, or subway walls.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
What are some other miracles from varying faiths do you know about? .

The greatest miracle I know about in christianity is that all the sins(wrongs and bad things I have done) have been removed from me and placed onto someone else so that they could be dealt with and punished. I will never have to pay from them like I should have to.

The God of the universe loved me enough to leave His glory in heaven and limit Himself inside humanity for a while, so that I could be raised to be "like" Him.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The God of the universe loved me enough to leave His glory in heaven and limit Himself inside humanity for a while, so that I could be raised to be "like" Him.

Uhmmmm.......I don't normally like to appear rude and I don't now. But....aren't you a bit arrogant?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat

Uhmmmm.......I don't normally like to appear rude and I don't now. But....aren't you a bit arrogant?

Not intended to be, since He offers salvation to anyone who asks for it. And when I say to be like God, I don't mean I will ever be a "god". I'm talking about certain attributes and have the same opinions about what is right and wrong and having some goals that are the same.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
what about miracles like the "liquification of the blood of St. Januarius"? St. Januarius was a martyr. After Januarius was killed, some of his fellow Christians collected some of his blood. Every year, or almost every year, on the anniversary of his death/martyrdom, his dried clotted blood liquifies into a bubbling collection of liquified blood. Any other miracles like this?

new topics

top topics

join