It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Sale Used Popemobile, $12,790 (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
IF YOU want to buy a Popemobile you have until Thursday to put in an offer. A six-year-old Volkswagen Golf said to have been owned by the former Kardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the new Pope, is for sale on eBay and bids close at 7.30pm that day. The highest bid registered last night was one million euros ($1.3 million), not bad for a five-door, metallic- grey, 1999 Golf with 75,000 kilometers (47,000 miles) on the speedometer.

abcnews.go.com
A second hand car once said to be registered in the name of Joseph Kardinal Ratzinger — the new Pope Benedict - is up for sale on eBay and the sky seems to be the limit when it comes to bidding.

The vehicle, a metallic gray 1999 Volkswagen Golf, went up for auction on the German site (www.ebay.de) at a minimum price of 9,900 euros ($12,790) on Wednesday and, just over 24 hours and more than 300 bids later, the price had hit one million euros ($1.3 million).

German Web Site n-tv.de identified the seller as Benjamin Halbe, 21, from the town of Olpe in Germany's Sauerland region, who said he bought the car from a local dealer in January.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I do not know if I should say there is a sucker born every minute or take this seriously. Why you ask? The Pope has not driven in two decades that is why. That makes me wonder if the offer is the real thing or if the seller is taking advantage of selling a car that was once registered to an individual with the name Joseph Kardinal Ratzinger.

One thing is for sure though, if this is the real deal there is one lucky German who turned an investment of approximately $10,000 into over 1 million is less then 4 months.

[edit on 4/29/2005 by shots]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
He hasn't driven, but isn't this the one he was driven in? The one with bulletproof class and such?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I bet was owned by his mistress, he bought it with his "Holy" money for her.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
that is just a wee bit steep to pay for a used car.

wonder if it is a diesle? if so the new owner can expect to get a lot of milage out of it at least. we had a jetta that came in for an oil change every two weeks the owner sold it with well over 750000 km on it (it was overmilage every oil change
). even so no mater who owned it that is way too much to spend on a used car. does someone think that they will get "in with god" just because they payed far too much for a car once possibly used by a pope?

yup there is a sucker born every minute all right.:shk::shk::shk:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I see two possibilities here;

A. The guy selling the car is a doomsayer who wants to live out his next few years in luxury.

or

B. The guy selling the car is a ebay scam artist that is using a persons middle name to make it look like it belonged to the Pope since the middle name on the title of the previous owner was Kardinal.

I too agree that is alot of money to pay for a used car but if it is the real deal it would be a collectors item in the eyes of many.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is too funny...

Anyone remember the Family Guy episode where Peter gets suckered into buying a car with only one former owner..James Bond!

Too funny...

Unless it had a certificate of authenticity signed by God himself, in an envelope licked closed by the virgin Mary, I wouldn't even THINK of spending a million bucks on a used VW.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well it could be worth it. He might have left something under the used kleenex and old tums packets in the glovebox.

The holy grail, his scale collection, Illuminati membership card, third secret of fatima.. you never know.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What gets me is they are willing to pay up to a million for a pope that has been in office less then a month, yet Pope Pauls are only going for $15,000 or nearest offer.

Good condition, bullet-proof glass, Catholic proof upholstery, 20 years old 1,058 miles, one previous owner - deceased. Current asking price of this just went up to approx $100,000. It had been listed for sale by a man who was 79 years old who originally was asking only 15,000. Guess he saw the current asking price for the one below

Here is a pic of the one that may sell for over a million

"It drives heavenly," declared Benjamin Halbe, proud owner of the six-year-old vehicle. Asking price approx 12,000 current bid over 1 million dollars

Pope John Paul II travels by the Saint Louis University campus on his way to celebrate Mass no price listed.

There are several others all over the world just waiting to go on sale. Some made by Mercedes and FMC which are more modern I might add.
Canada also has two that are essentially Modified pick up trucks.

archives.cbc.ca...

here is another in poland

Pope John Paul II rode in a specially designed bulletproof Pope Mobile.
Assume the above is the one used in Rome until his death.
--------

The thing that gets me is they are willing to pay so much for a private car yet nothing for similar models from the previous pope. It has to be all part of a doomsayers plot

[edit on 4/30/2005 by shots]

[edit on 4/30/2005 by shots]

top topics

join