It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were is the support now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
One has to laugh, or perhaps cry.
Those little yellow ribbons, like all the flags after 9/11, aren't supporting American troops, they are supporting CHINESE troops, because that is where, like 98% of all American flags, those magnets come from.

Those magnets are a fad, like rubic's cube or the hoolahoop, people want to appear supportive, in their SUV's. What they really want to say is "Support Blood for Oil, gas costs too damn much!"

Your all a bunch of pampered civys, who instead of thanking and kissing our boots like you should be, you have the nerve to spit on vets and dishonor with your foul lies the very people who gave everything for you.
Show some damn respect!

And its that kind of attitude, from people like you, that pretty much ruins it for all vets.
Some people in this society know what a bunch of arrogant scum some people in the military are.
(Abu Ghraib paints a nice picture don't you think?)

Kiss your boots?

With that attitude, I'd sooner dump your bodies in unmarked graves, then piss on it.
Your words dishonor this country and its entire military.

You have to EARN respect, on a one to one basis, its not given to you with BDU's at boot camp, or because your shell shocked, or because you fought for corporate profits, or because you can clean a mess tent better than the next guy, or because you are amazing joe in the supply room, or you can shoot civilians best.

Military Service is just that, service, it is not a ticket to self righteousness, self importance, and holier than thou personal status.

Talk about whining, dude you just cried a river about your life, and its obvious you have a misplaced sense of entitlement, and I think deep down you know you are worthless, re-read your crying up there, just begging to be respected.

Ain't gonna happen.

Since you can't respect the people of this country, and their feelings against war, and you make comments directed AGAINST them, without even knowing them, you should maybe go fight for another country, because you treat your fellow countryman as the enemy with your lack of respect, your sickening lack of humility.

A complete disgrace to the uniform.

Moving on.

Tis rather sad about all those vets on the streets, The treatment they get comming back from wars such as nam ect, up to today, sure doesnt help these guys mentaly either, they go through hell in combat, and then when they get back to whats suposed to be there home, they are ousted and shunned by all the anti-war american haters. called baby killers ect, thats gotta be a real mental boost..

Cole, that was the 70's, vietnam.
People don't do that anymore, even if they are against the war, they are not against the soldiers sent into combat.
Most of the time, the problem people have with vets is the alcohol and drug abuse, the attitude Trustnone was spewing above, ie, "you owe me", the fact that the vet has to miss more work than other people due to either his physical or emotional injuries, as well as many other factors.
BUT
The "baby killer" thing is a rare instance these days, saved for people like the Navy pilot I know who said "bomb every last man woman and child, to a glass parking lot", thats a willing "baby killer", flying with millions of my tax dollars and a homicidal racist attitude and officers rank.

You know any homeless drug addcit can say "help a vet out brother", but really, who is going to believe him?

You can bet, if 150,000 troops from Iraq came home and left the service right now, 125,000 of them would find no jobs, there are currently 7.7 million unemployed people in the United States.

In American, its what you can do TODAY not how much of Halliburton's profits you protected in the Gulf yesterday that counts. The landlord, and the bank, and the collection agency don't want to hear "lick my boots", they will just throw you out on your ass.

The decline from "be all you can be", to "homeless lunatic", is a slippery slimey slope, as you go from "living the American dream", to "living to survive another day, with no support system".

DeltaChaos could probably go into detail about that, as could I.
I wonder if Delta was "mentally ill", before or after his homelessness.
I know if I spent any more time on the street, i'd be a cannibal or something by now, seriously, the survival instinct is....well, you'll see someday.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
The reality is that regardless of how you feel about the war, all americans support the troops.

No ribbon is needed, we all pay taxes.

Did you read my first post? Not trying to be rude but it seems you missed the point. You don't support the troops with your taxes. Most of your taxes (I don't pay them anymore) pay for (other than Schools and SS) the weopens and machinery and fuel for ships and aircraft.
A very small percent of your taxes go to help support vets.

www.fororegon.org...='taxes%20spent%20on%20veterans'

www.military.com...

www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 30/4/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I deleted it in an earlier reply, but I don't see how you can support the troops but not the war they voluntarily are fighting. Its hypocritical to me. The troops, at least initially, volunteered to put themselves there to fight it right or wrong. It might not be the case now, but certainly thats how it started. I'm not going to partially support a war I've never supported. Soldiers on the ground doing the killing are the war, IMO.

A war fought with draftees, like the Vietnam Conflict is different. Most soldiers in such a war did not willingly sign up to be a part of it, so I couldn't protest their actions.

I'm not going to go around protesting this war though. Its an act of futility.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Frith]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

You have to EARN respect,

Yes but just because respect hasn't been earned yet, it doesn't give you the right to disrespect.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
The troops, at least initially, volunteered to put themselves there to fight it right or wrong.

Yes but no vet volunteered to get Gulf War Syndrome, or Agent Orange poisoning, or mental health problems.

You can't do that to people and then just walk away when you have no use for them anymore.

The vets have done their time, but it's like they're still serving, without your support.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
While it is true that vets need more support, that isn't what I was talking about.

I said we all support the troops with taxes.

We are the ones paying for this war, like it or not. Those stickers mean nothing, as we all support the troops.

Please explain how buying tanks and planes, that keep our troops alive, do not support them. Are you implying that the army shouldn't buy fuel for vehicles? That it is wasteful?

And you pay more taxes than you might think. Does your state have sales tax? Do you rent or own? If you rent, that money helps pay your landlords property taxes. Almost every dollar you spend is taxed one way or another, so trust me, your money supports the troops whether you like it or not.

I do agree with you though, veterans are being short-changed and the current administration seems to have no interest in rectifying the situation.

So yes, I got the point of your thread, I was just adding my two cents of gasoline to the fire.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by LeftBehind]

[edit on 30-4-2005 by LeftBehind]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Legalizer, it's people like you that piss me off. "begging to be respected" no i think not, i was merely stating the bull# we put up with for little bitches like
you. well, your not worth the waste of breath.

Gulf war syndrome i thought was caused by some minute exposure to nerve agent.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"With that attitude, I'd sooner dump your bodies in unmarked graves, then piss on it."

This is what i'm talking about, utter disrespect. I would love to cut your throat so deep that your damn near decapitated and pull your tongues through,
I would do the same to your mom & dad & then rape your moms lifeless body.
Maybe that'll teach your family to teach you little bitches some respect.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join