It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoever killed Jesus deserves respect from Christians....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have posted something very similar to this before....if you are a Christian, then it was all in the plan...every last bit of it from what would happen from the very first creation of anything......to right now....this would of course include every event of Jesus life and who would play out each role. So there is really no "bad" guys.....just humans playing out a part given to them by your god.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The Roman Catholic church blameed it on the Jews because they didnt want to be the "bad" guys in the story ... i dont know if those ppl deserve respect, but they should get forgiveness...

thats almost like saying that Hitler should get respect from the JEws ... all Hitler wanted was to "purify" the world... i get the point that you are making... and that is why most Churches now say " WE all killed Jesus"...(beeing "We" all humanity, because the Gift is still there, it is up to you to take it or not)....

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Actually my theory is that in order for the Christian sect to completely separate from the Jewish link, taking in consideration that Jesus was Jew.

It had to blame the Jewish in one way or another for God becoming angry at them.

After all the basics of Christianity is in Jewish believes.

Onces the Jews were to find at fault for Jesus death, Christianity was able to become its own Religion completely with its own biblical accounts in the new testament.

The key was to separate Jesus from his Jewish humble beginnings.

That is my theory.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
okay this is a fun one. First off, the only one that is even close is dbrandt. This plan was made before man was made on earth. No one did anything to Jesus that wasn't supposed to happen. Judas, did betray Jesus. Jesus told him to do what he has to. He didn't tell Judas to bring the gaurds. Because Jesus knew the plan, even Jesus himself was afraid, but He knew he had to die to save us. No one is to blame, Jews or Romans. By the way Pilate, Barabbas, Ciaphas wanted nothing to do with this killing. The Jews were the ones that wanted it done. The funny thing is, they fullfilled the prophecy of Jesus death. Even today they still believe that the first coming of the messiah is still yet to be. The only one that deserves respect for His death is Jesus Himself, and no other. That is who I respect. Wouldn't you respect someone that died for you.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
okay correct me if I am wrong. But according to my Religions of The World class. The Roman Catholic Church was not organized until 50 years after Jesus's death. In that time the Romans believed in other gods. They were known as pagen. In fact I do believe that the when the romans and christian were forced to combine their beliefs is when it became the roman catholic church

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A Christian who has understanding does not blame the Jews, or anyone else but all men for their sin. Sin is the reason that Christ laid down His life, sothat He could pay the price for our sin.

Which brings me to the point; nobody "killed" Christ, as He laid down his life for our salvation. He could very easily have saved Himself.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
A Christian who has understanding does not blame the Jews, or anyone else but all men for their sin. Sin is the reason that Christ laid down His life, sothat He could pay the price for our sin.

Which brings me to the point; nobody "killed" Christ, as He laid down his life for our salvation. He could very easily have saved Himself.

^ 5 FOR THAT ONE... very true.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
Jesus as we all know died for the sins of mankind. This is what Christianity is all about. The ability for someone to be "born again" is mutually connected to this idea.

If Jesus HAD to die for our sins, then why are so many Christians pissed at Jewish people. If infact this event was out of GOD's all mighty hands, shouldnt Christians in fact be thanking the Jews for this deed. Maybe not the Jews, but Pilate, Barabbas, Ciaphas, and the mob. Don't all these people deserve some kind of special treatment from GOD and/or Christians, and not be condemned for all of eternity as some christians might think/say (since they killed or led to the killing of Jesus). These people did GOD's work and without them Christianity wouldnt exist, now would it?

These people saw the miracles of Christ and still put him to death. They still retained their free will, simply because god knew they would do this already and they still did it does not warrant special treatment. Anyone who hears the word according to christianity and does not awnser the calling of christ is condemned to eternal damnation. Why on earth would the people who through free will, heard the word spoken by the man himself, witnessed his miracles and testimony and still put him to death deserve special treatment?

My feelings they wouldnt. Think how much easier it would be to believe if you could witness the miracles that christ performed. Many people only refuse to believe because they can not, these people saw and still did not.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croatoan

These people saw the miracles of Christ and still put him to death. They still retained their free will, simply because god knew they would do this already and they still did it does not warrant special treatment. Anyone who hears the word according to christianity and does not awnser the calling of christ is condemned to eternal damnation. Why on earth would the people who through free will, heard the word spoken by the man himself, witnessed his miracles and testimony and still put him to death deserve special treatment?

Why should they get special treatment????....well because they performed God's work. WHere would christianity be without these people??? It wouldnt exist!!!

Maybe not "special treatment" but entrance into heaven at least.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
im a christian,although not some bible thumper, and im not pissed at jewish people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join