It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mixing human cells with animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is getting a little crazy...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
someone applied for a patent for a "humanzee"... oh... my... god... half human, half chimp... like i have been saying, the level of science and technology we are on today far exceeds anything we have previously known. The feild is expanding so rapidly. If graphed it would rise more than exponentially. i am truly amazed at the sheer levels we can rise to!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well I certainly hope so, Demonic! It wouldn't be scientific progress if we digressed!

Interesting. They'd done stuff before, especially with making animals glow green, but sheep with human organs is very, very interesting. I'd like very much to see how it turns out in the end, whether they're alright or not, the effects on the animal as well as the organ, and also whether it tastes any good.

Suffice to say, I'd like to be able to smell like a great white, see like a raptor, hear like a bat, swim like a dolphin, hold my breath like a whale, and run like a cheetah. I'm looking for results, and fast!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I was just reading about that myself on another site. I can see where some good can come out of it in the long run. The possibility of future transplants or something. But would that leave you open for diseases that the animal gets and humans don't? So I am still not making a final decision on how I feel about this.

For some strange reason I keep getting images of the animal/human Gods in Egyptian artwork.. Could it get that far??

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
the island of dr whatshisface.... you know the movie where that dude has this island that is inhabited by half human half animal creatures he created...
you know the one.

Dr Moreau... haha gotta love google...

[edit on 30-4-2005 by specialasianX]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Jason Chamberlain looks over a flock of about 50 smelly sheep, many of them possessing partially human livers, hearts, brains and other organs.

Would they be able to think? If they possess partly human brains would these sheep be smarter? If we start putting more human cells/organs into an animal does it become human? Would it be possible to have a kinda...human trapped in a sheep body thing happen?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
the island of dr whatshisface.... you know the movie where that dude has this island that is inhabited by half human half animal creatures he created...
you know the one.

Dr Moreau... haha gotta love google...

[edit on 30-4-2005 by specialasianX]

Doctor Julius Hibbet?

This is awesome. Both intriguing awe, and frightening awe. How far could we push it, until an animal should no longer belong to a specific species?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
We are getting close to human animal army men or creatures that could destroy the human race as we know it

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
How do you get the cells together? Isn't the chromosome number of the diploid unique in each species?

If it had more advanced vocal cords, could it talk?

new topics

top topics

join