It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could HARPP be an EMP defence shield?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
it could be a defence shield against EMP weapons? so non one country could launch a surprise nuke attack.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Very possible. I wonder whats it purpose sitting way up there out in the middle of nowhere? It could be just for that fact that the U.S. has tried to hedge it's bets and forsaw the need for this system. Other than that, the door is wide open and I'm quite sure there are more here that would know more than I on this subject.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hmmm..good point. Although its got many uses that could be the main one. Very possible...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Or is it a secretive missile defense shield? Maybe it heats up the ions in the air to superheated conditions so that the missle would burn up and fall apart. Or maybe this is a crazy theory?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudx
Or is it a secretive missile defense shield? Maybe it heats up the ions in the air to superheated conditions so that the missle would burn up and fall apart. Or maybe this is a crazy theory?

If a missile containing a nuclear warhead burnt up and fell apart upon entry wouldn't that be just as bad if not worse than if it just detonated??

I mean, if it blew apart up there wouldn't the radioactivity be unconrollable and spread a greater distance?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
As a former atlantian scientist and operator of the temples energy devices that destroyed the continent of Atlantis and almost destroyed planet earth I will say this.
Harpp is the single biggest threat to the survival of humanity or any and all life on planet earth that has ever existed. If you fuss with the ionosphere by cooking it with hi frequency radio waves you could remove the planet's protective shield in the upper ionosphere. Rendering all life on the surface of the earth extinct.when we tampered with this technology before it blew a hole in the earth that you now call the mid Atlantic ridge and created the Marianas Trench. It almost ripped the planet in two, and propelled man back into the stone age. A time known as the great flood is all that was left to record the event.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Nikola Tesla claimed that he had created a shield that could be put around cities that would end war forever.

But what did that crazy old kook know! I mean, it's not like he invented alternating current (the electricity that powers just about everything electrical in your house), remote control boats, or wireless radio.

I mean, if he had invented those things, then we could believe him.

Seriously, considering Tesla said he could do it, I at least find merit the the idea from the OP.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FLYIN HIGH

Sluta ödsla tid på detta, det finns viktigare saker i livet ....

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I thought Tesla had to try lots of ideas before he'd end up with a resulting invention. i.e. he progressed his inventions through trial and error.
To put a shield around a city is a wild claim but knowing (just some of) what he did come up with (the good stuff probably taken by Morgan) , then anything's possible.

although who fights with EMP these days? it just so 90's , like the scene in baltimore docks in the Swarchenegger movie Eraser.

I remember at a talk probably 12 years ago now, Drunvalo Melchisadek (I know how that sounds quoting his name) an american scientist of some kind - or at least thats what he said - talk about harmonics. the ability of cleaning up pollution and the atmosphere. Well, this is the same as saying that the atmosphere can be stimulated and affected.

Maybe wer'e looking at the new good tool/bad weapon technology, because if our atmosphere, weather, climate etc gets messed around with, we can end up with what seems like 'real, natural catastrophies' - thats what I think.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
If a missile containing a nuclear warhead burnt up and fell apart upon entry wouldn't that be just as bad if not worse than if it just detonated??

I mean, if it blew apart up there wouldn't the radioactivity be unconrollable and spread a greater distance?

Presumably the fuel tank would explode first, that's the way the lasers try to disable a missile. Providing the high explosive trigger doesn't go off the core should stay intact all the way down... If it does go off then yep you would have an airborne dirty bomb.

edit: and with re-entry missiles it really don't matter too much, I don't really think they are powered on the way down, it's all gravity and a bit of guidance.

[edit on 1/1/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am surprised we don't see more EMP type attacks or attempts. How could you dismantle a city or country? A few well placed EMPs would probably hurt a little.

Would that not destroy all their tech, which in turn affect govt, financial, operations and communications?

[edit on 1-1-2009 by cplouffe]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
All of you read the book The Tesla Papers and you will see what the HARPP system can do, from putting "Shields Up" around the planet or part of it,to many other diabolical things against humanity. Truely read it,Tesla discovered all this way before the 30s.This book explains the different functions that can be obtained from creating standing columnar Theta field waves,pair coupled with Tesla/scalar waves.Incredible and scary. good luck to all of us

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
High altitude nuclear detonations act as a type of EMP, and knocks out all electronic devices: communications, electrical systems in buildings, automotive ignition systems, etc. It cripples an area where electricity is the main source of motive power. No communication, no lights, no heat, can't drive anywhere, and so on.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
it could be a defence shield against EMP weapons? so non one country could launch a surprise nuke attack.

No, very unlikely. ICBM warheads are sturdy, able to withstand re-entry at hypersonic speeds.

However, conceivably HAARP could be an offensive weapon against certain satellites, e.g. the ground array overloads sensitive radio inputs of communication or intelligence satellites---temporarily or permanently.

The USA is a net loser in any anti-satellite war though.

I think most likely HAARP is exactly what it appears to be, a research installation for high-power ionospheric study and communication engineering.

If just radio waves could disable missiles in any substantive way, people would have been doing it for decades.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You mean an EMP field that would cover cities and protect them like these...

Yes. I think they are possible and probably being done more often.

As for nuke attacks... I don't know about that but the Simpsons had a show about domes over the city at the end of a season....

EPA came and put a glass dome over top of Springfield.... Coincidence???
*ADDED*** Here's a picture of the EPA dome and the messiah like vision that explains to the lowly people of Springfield what is their outcome...

Rgds

[edit on 13-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

[edit on 13-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

[edit on 14-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Both Tesla's designs are very similar to the HARPP. His first design was a death ray which would "will send concentrated beams of particles through the free air, of such tremendous energy that they will bring down a fleet of 10,000 enemy airplanes at a distance of 250 miles". His second design was an invisible Chinese wall. The HARPP is capable of this as it can heat up a layer of the atmosphere until it becomes the 4th state of matter plasma.

The HARPP is most likely Tesla's design due to the fact that in 1937 he send his designs to the following countries: United States, Canada, England, France, the Soviet Union, and Yugoslavia. Tesla titled the designs "New Art of Projecting Concentrated Non-Dispersive Energy Through Natural Media". In 1939 the USSR tested one part of the designs. His system required a series of power plants located along a country's coast that would scan the skies in search of enemy aircraft.

The description of HARPP is almost exact to what Tesla had designed.

I think the main purpose of HARPP is to shoot down enemy Missiles and defend entire cities against attack. As far am emp i am not sure as it depends how well HARPP actually works and how high the layer of plasma can be created.

Below is a link to an image which was sent along with Tesla's design.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by gregorb03]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Tesla never demonstrated he could do that. He also didn't single-handedly invent AC, and was not the inventor of wireless radio. His remote-controlled boats, however, were entirely his.

reply to post by Now_Then

ICBMs usually have a third stage, which boosts the missile down towards the target.

reply to post by gregorb03

HAARP heats up the ionosphere, which no airplanes (enemy or friendly) would be travelling in. So no, HAARP doesn't sound anything like Tesla's work. Also, HAARP can only affect a tiny patch of the ionosphere, has very little power, and can't sweep fully, limiting the area of ionosphere it can affect.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby

emp are not nukes :/

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

It is actually very hard to compare anything to tesla's design since his designs were confiscated by the fbi when he died. The only things we know about his death ray is what he told family and friends about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join