It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I also found this at lost.cubit.net...
i49.photobucket.com...

Don't know how they came up with the words and stuff though.

Man, "Henry" is going to get the beats next episode.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Awesome find umbrax!

I noticed in this most recent episode that Sawyer plays a stabilising role, ironically enough.

I mean, anyone else that had all the guns on the island and most of the supplies, and the medical supplies too, would be living large and incharge, but he seems contented to read his books, play poker, etc.

In keeping with the way I've been looking at the show, Sawyer is, then, something of a Trickster, in the mythological forms. The trickster is sort of an evil god, but not quite like the typical presentation of satan. Loki is a trickster, for example. And in many folklores and native religions there is this trickster character, who is sinister, plays tricks on people, and clearly isn't the good guy. But, at the same time, he usually does something that keeps the whole of the universe in balance and stable. If Jack and Ana Lucia had the guns, the universe of the island would be completely altered, or if anyone else had it would be. But after sawyer gets the guns, all the tension that they had brought about, and the potential for destruction of their little microcosmic universe, was eased or even eliminated, and sawyers's role doesn't change into that of leader or headman either. The Trickster also takes on many forms, and Sawyer, in his various cons, clearly does this.

Thus sawyer is the old trickster.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Gotta one up Umbrax here by throwing out a translated version.

external image
www.thetailsection.com...
[Mod edit - click link for larger image]

[edit on 31/3/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Nice

Didn't the Darma film say there was 3 stations? by looking at that map there are way more...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
tahnks WolfofWar!
That actually answers one question on last weeks show. In your translated version there is a note in the lower right hand corner that explains the hatch closing up.
The note states "Minimal activity during lockdown and restocking procedures" Remember at the end of the show, they found the air dropped pallet of supplies. It seems that the entire facility locks up during the drops for what purpose who knows other than preventing an attempted escape?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I see the mention of the name Cerberus. I wonder if that is the name of the mist or if I missed something from an earlier show.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Nice

Didn't the Darma film say there was 3 stations? by looking at that map there are way more...

no it didn't say that.

im just hoping they don't leave us on a cliff hanger at the end of series 2. i think there's 20 episodes. next wed. then there's one week break and then there's a double finale i think...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The Cerebus System could also be something that the University of Skatchewan (spelling) was working on back in the 70's and 80's which was experimentation on blood flow to the brain in diving mammals.
They found that there was a decrease in blood flow from the heart yet there was a 1.7 % increase in the cerebral blood flow.

Now remember back during that time period many were into the third eye movements, the mind expansion era I sometimes call it. It was said that increasing the blood flow in the brain may awaken the inner mind as well as many of the oft sought after esp abilities.
This may explain the black cloud on the island as well as many of the weird happenings to the survivors before the crash.
Think about it, if this is what the Dhama Initative was after (and there are many clues which makes me belive that thery were) then they may have gotten one person who has awaken the mental powers and has been controlling the survivors maybe as an attempt to free himself.
At least that is my take on all of what is happening in the series.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Okay looking it up, the video says there are six stations.

From the blast door map 5 stations are identified:
* The Swan
* The Arrow
* The Staff
* The Pearl
* The Flame

On the top right of the map is what looks to be the sixth station. This must be where the “others” are, or at least where they are based out of. It is close to “the Arrow” station, where the “tailies” were.

On the episode that flashes back to where Ethan takes Clair to “The Staff” Ethan has this canteen.

The canteen does not have “The Staff “ logo on it but has what is being called “The Orion” logo. This canteen must of come from the sixth, unnamed, station.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The reason why I figured Cerberus would be the mist is because in Greek mythology, Cerberus is a three-headed watchdog who guards the entrance to the underworld.

Earlier Rousseau called the mist a a security system to protect the island.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Has anyone picked up a copy of 'The Third Policeman' yet? I am desperately trying to get a copy. If anyone has the book can they give us their ideas on where the show is heading?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wow, wolf, nice work! And kenshiro, excellent thoughts on this!

What is the third police man?

The canteen symbol, its 'orion'? Orion is a hunter, and maybe associated with 'the arrow'??? Also, there are stations that are scribbled out in the map too, some with numbers, some without. SO there is room for a lot more mystery in the show.

I think that we should again keep inmind that they didn't plan the entire show out from the begining and its now just unfolding, recall that Jack wasn't even a real character until after the casting, the 'dr; dies the first day.

I see that there is an IP address on the drawing for 'Dharmatel Intranet" as

4.08.00 8.15.01 01.06.03

Or are those dates? If dates, why is january represented as 01, but other days as simply 4 and 5, not 04 and 05??

Also notice that THE numbers, (4,8,16,16,23,42) listed as The Swan:

Andthen notice that the Flame has a similar sequence, square root 16, 64, 255 (being 4,8,15.968).

Do any math types know what that is called when the decimals are ignored (clearly its not rounded).

As far as ceberus, if its the security system, perhaps its still linked ot the third eye or mind's eye idea, because when Echo contacts it it shows flashes of his life...???

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Oh, i just saw one part near the lockdown bit. It talks about the zoological research facility, and that then near that it says that the goal is to re-patriate the polar bear (get it to live in a new place) via gene therapy and climate change, which would explain how a polar bear could surive on the island after being brought there.

Lots of weird stuff on that image.

Who translated it and how good is their translation? I find it strange that there is a latin phrase the easily translates into 'gene therapy' or 'repatriation' and 'de-territorialization'. Lets not take it as authoratative no?

Also, what is the significance of the 8 sided shape? Its fromthe dharma initiative symbol, but why is it there, is this the whole island? Do the sides of the shape have any meaning?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
'Lost' writer Craig Wright has stated that Flann O'Brien's book would be "invaluable to fans seeking to unravel the island's mystery."

The book features in the scene where Desmond is hurriedly packing to leave the bunker. When he is taking medicine vials out of the cabinet the camera pans down to show a copy of the book next to an upside down bible.

Maybe the number sequence are page numbers from the book?

The book could be a red herring though.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
"dave" (the most recent ep) was ok...

the only parts i liked were the parts that concerned "henry gale"...

his storyline is awesome!!!

the preview for next ep makes the ep look great...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I thought tonight's episode was okay. The last scene was particularly interesting, when they showed Libby. I won't go into details and spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet or don't live in the States and will be seeing this season later on.

What I will say is that I was slightly disappointed, if not confused, at something. I have DirecTV, and the show description basically said that they would learn more about the hatch. I don't think that was true at all. At the very most we learned what "Henry" told Locke about the button. And that may not even be true. So if it isn't true, then we didn't really learn anything about the hatch. And if it is true, then we learned very little.

Still a good episode overall, especially when compared to some of the slower, dragged-out episodes of last season. Lost is a great show... but its no "24"!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
yes...

"24" is GREAT, but (i think) not this season...

we can discuss this later (i don't want to be a "threadjacker")...

anyway, i have to stop reading spoilers for lost because it ruined some stuff tonight...

anyway, i think (for now) gale was telling the truth...

why???

he works for dharma and he knows the hatch well (and maybe other dharma projects)...

maybe locke was meant to be shown the "map" on the blast door...

this is why "gale" didn't press the button...

or, "gale" could be someone against dharma and thus he would want the numbers to not be entered (so he is lying)...

who knows with lost though

in the preview, locke is trying to draw the "map"...

he will try to find the secrets of it soon...

this is probably why a future episode is titled: "?" (think the "?" mark on the "map")...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Yeah, its getting kindof predictable now.

Locke is going to let the timer run out next episode, and its all going to hell. I can feel it!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If the timer reset is for what I think it is for then the damage has been done.
As Henry stated it sounded like a big magnet being used. I beleive that the one that was being locked or held is been freed to an extent. If what I have guessed at, there will be a total of eight "locks" that is holding the Cerebus in. One lock has now been disengaged. There has possibly been one or two more from the time of the accident (from last weeks episode).
As for "Dave", I think that he was more of a form of manipulation being done on Hurley than just a figment of his mind. The survivors of the plane wreck have been and still are being manipulated by Cerebus.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Yeah, its getting kindof predictable now.

Locke is going to let the timer run out next episode, and its all going to hell. I can feel it!

I'm not so sure about that. THe captive in a sense represents an atheistic or rationalistic challenge to lockes deeply beleived, though utterly absurd, beleif system; that pushing some stupid button will keep the universe together. Its just like having to say a prayer for the sun god, so that the sun will rise the next day. Locke is very concerned over this beleif system, and he sticks to it, even though its a tremendous nussance to have to enter the code and hit execute so much.

Now comes along this captive, who says that its all bunk, that he's seen the timer run out and saw that absolutely nothing happened, sort of like saying that you'd died, and there is nothing there. Its a challenge to locke's beleifs. ANd thus this portion of the drama will represent that real world struggle over religion and beleif and what it really means to a person.

Of course, a big question is, how does the captive know that those symbols show up if you don't enter the code? Last time, locke got lucky and entered them in the nick of time. Why would anyone not enter the code in, if they didn't know it was bogus?

ALso recall that the French Woman told them, prophetically, that 'he'll lie for a long time' about the captive, and he stated that he was, indeed, done lying, so perhaps now everything he says can be taken as truth (and of course perhaps not!
)

Also, it is nice to have it confirmed that the guy that they think is the leader of the others is actually a small player. I wonder who the BTO will be?
Some have said that its the two reserachers who 'in the vein of BF Skinner' started the experiment. But that pair was a man and a woman, not just one guy.

We don't really know at this point if the others are actually part of the big experiment or whatever the island is, or if they have just been sucked into it also, on their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join