It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Im wondering what else they can come up with. I watched the DVD extras and they said they have a basic idea of how the first five seasons will go.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Have i got a treat for you guys!!! LoL

Ok im a huge fan of lost, watched every ep and cant wait for every thursday (when i get it in aus). Now i wont give all you the same old lost theories you would already know.

But if anyone saw the last ep (MR.ECKO ROCKS)! i bet you are wondering what in the hell is that black smoke. Inside the Black Smoke

Here are some still shots of the smoke when the camera is moving through it. Some are the normal shots and some have been enhanced abit to show it more clearly.

Anyway it shows flashes of eckos life in the smoke.

I believe that the smoke firstly is attracted to fear, and evil. If you remember when the poilet in the first ep saw the smoke he died, becasue of the huge amount of fear he had for it.

I hope you enjoy the pics.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Geez i honestly thought people would be abit more excited about the pics i posted, but no response.....fair enough.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I tried looking at the pics, but my monitor is very slowly dying, so it's pretty dark, so I couldn't really see anything.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Click on the Level photos as they are the enhanced versions.
Pic 1:The church ecko shot the old man, for his little brother Later his brothers church.
Pic 2:The face of eckos brother.
Pic 3:Not 100 percent sure, but i think it is the oldman that ecko shot.
Pic 4:Shows a gun, and ecko as a little boy.
Pic 5: Dont know what the hell it is, but something is their on the left hand side of the smoke LoL
Pic 6:The statue of mary that they smuggled the drugs in.

Hope this helps ya see better.

[edit on 073131p://upThursday by wang]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wang I loved the pics! That wasn't even remotely visable to me during the show last week! Do you think maybe the smoke was reading his mind--taking photos from his memories??? That's a possibility, hey, I like the suspence so I don't go for the spoilers or trying to figure out where the writers are going--that was just a random thought.

Thanks for sharing the pics though. And there are a lot of Lost fans on here--give them a chance to see your post before you give up.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ahh also a little intresting thing i dont think anyone has mentioned.
At the end of the orientation tape the guy says "Namaste". Also at the Alvar Hanso Foundation Website Link
at the end it says Namaste.
If you dont know what it means. Namaste
It shows the they are influenced by hindiusm, but then also the sybomls of the dharama institute are Tao symbols. Then also i forget the exact number, but when they first go to the cave their was a painting with a sun with i think the number 80. Anyway i cant explain this well haha. But thy mentioned something about a solar calender the fits with that number. It was some pagan calander.
Anywho it shows the the creators of lost are heavly influenced by philosophy, and different religions.

Im a huge lostie, but just found this thread now. Been on ATS board for over a year never came to check out BTS.

[edit on 073131p://upThursday by wang]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
It shows the they are influenced by hindiusm, but then also the sybomls of the dharama institute are Tao symbols.

dharma shows that they are influenced by hinduism, or perhaps all taken together it shows an interest in 'eastern' things, which is keepin in with the fads of the time that the project seems to be from.

Good find on those smoke pics.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
By the way Saphronia, i think the smoke has something to do with the others. If you remember a earlier ep, the one all about the people on the back half of the plane. Thay talk about how they didnt take "bad" people.
So yeah i think it reads the persons thoughts, and becasue ecko was going to find the plane his brother died in, it was projecting those pictures.
If you go back and look at the scene with the smoke, it look electricaly charged.
Now that the black smoke has been confirmed, not just back ground errors. The whole nanobot theory is sounding possibly to me, i cant think of any other reason than mystical/paranormal things that could explain the smoke.
The dhrama institute was created for scientific experiments, so i think a scientific explanation for the smoke is more likely, than a paranormal.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There is a country song at the end of Lost episode 6 from season one. Does anyone here know who it is from? The voice reminded me of Willy Nelson. I've already spent some time googling and I can't find out who this song is from.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Is it the one where Charlie gets his guitar and plays that song at the end? I have it on DVD, so I'll have a look later for you. I'm going to bed, just realised its 05.15AM!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
There is a country song at the end of Lost episode 6 from season one. Does anyone here know who it is from? The voice reminded me of Willy Nelson. I've already spent some time googling and I can't find out who this song is from.

Thanks.

If you're talking about the song Hurley is playing on his CD Player at the end, it IS Willie Nelson, "Are You Sure".

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Cool
Thanks dreamlandmafia.

xeroxed88, I hope you check back on this thread before you go through the trouble of looking at the DVD.

My wife and I got a copy of LOST season one last week. She really wanted to know who it was but we don't have the credits on the copy we got

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
So any of you guys watched the newest ep?
Will jack form a "army"?
I think if they do try to attack the "others" they will get raped, they seem to know the island well, and also from what we know about them is that they are good at hiding their tracks, and seem to be good shots.
Really there is only jack, micheal (if he comes back), soyer (james), locke, and ecko, and gin and sayid. And it seems that the "others" have more numbers. Although talking to other people they seem to think that the torch thing was a trick and they are only a small group. I have doubts on that.
It was a OK episode, but still nothing beats last ep about Mr.Ecko.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Lost is just TOO good. Annoyingly, here in the UK series 1 is over and series 2 is coming in the Spring. But me and alot of people at my skool have gotten a way of getting around that obstacle.

I really enjoyed episode 7 of series 2. About the others...not those others, but other others.

Mr Eko is a cool dude, Ana Lucia can be annoying.

As for theories, I really don't think that they're dead...perhaps they came to the island due to electormagnetic things....

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think it's obvious that they are anything but dead. That black smoke incident and Ecko was awesome. There are five of those bunkers on the island, one is not in use (the one ecko came from), the one we're all familiar with, and there's three other bunkers. If those people that took walt occupy one or maybe two, then there's still one out there that might be occupied by dharma scientists, who are over looking everything that jack's group does, and even the 'others' who took walt. Because even the others look as though they've adapted to the island after being stranded there somehow. They're exactly like the people from flight 815, except they've maybe been there for a matter of years.

As for guesses and answers, we'll have to keep guessing, as we hardly ever get any answers, and as soon as we think we've figured something out, there's two, three or four more things that crop up and send us back down to guessing. I'm in the uk, i couldn't wait for channel 4 to show all the episodes, so i bought the lost dvd from america of series 1 way back, and download each series two episode during the week. couldn't stand to wait until spring to find out what's gonna happen to the losties

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm a huge L O S T fan, I've been watching since eppy 1. I have not read the entire thread yet, but I noticed some here have the theory the L O S Taways are dead.

According to the producers, any "purgatory" scenarios have been ruled out. They are not dead.

I've been thinking along similar lines that the monster L O S Tzilla is a Dharma project of some type. Those who have visited the Hanso website have taken note of the various projects there. One of the projects listed is a "remote viewing" project.

Since there is a definite theme of redemption running throughout all the characters and their backstorys, perhaps the monster is some kind of sin analyzer. I'm assuming Eko could see the same images we see when we slow the scene down.

There is also an "Extra Terrestial" Project on the Hanso website, and I had a deliciously creepy feeling during the L O S Tzilla/Eko confrontation that "blacksmokey" may not be from this Earth.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
IMO any theories, even the good ones will be wrong.

One thing sticks out to me on LOST. They don't tell you anything unless you need to know it. All will be revealed in the end and there will only be minor clues and red hearings until then.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
who will want to fight in jack's army against a very superior enemy???

there must be a strong motivation present...

walt is one...

michael may be another...

(warning a little spoiler)

and sun (gin's wife) will be involved in an attempted abduction by the "others" next week...

i am sure this will get more soldiers in his army...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish I was on the island. Might be fun, but then it's dangerous.

Geez, it's not even real and yet I'm attracted to it....

On the orientation video which Locke and Jack watch in episode 2 or 3 of series 2, there are two polar bears fighting. Must be something to do with the Dharma Initiative.

Apprently, according to David Lindelof (the producer or something) if you read a book called "The Third Policeman" then you'll find it easier to disect the plot. A friend told me that there's one secret which explains the whole thing.

Does anyone else here find the original survivors a bit annoying now? Locke's still cool but the rest just seem a bit...dull compared to Ana Lucia and Mr. Eko. Sawyer and Jin remain cool though.

Goodwin said to Ana Lucia that Walt and the other kidnapped people are better now. And there's no way that they're evil spirits because they took the little boy and girl (when you see the teddy bear being dragged along).

Episode 7 was incredible, watched it this morning and thought amazing! They got through it quite quickly thankfully.

One thing I really hate though, are flashbacks which don't really mean alot at the time.....but I'm sure that they're important to the plot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join