It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirlian photo method?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I searched ATS and coulnt find much. From what I understand Kirlian photography is basically al technique used to get a camera to capture the invisible energy field or aura that all living things supposedly give off.

This is a good example of Kirlian photo I found on google:

www.sabine-mag.com...

Wikipedia has a good description of what it is here if you are interested:

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a skeptical description of it which I tend to side with as I am pretty skeptical about stuff like this.

skepdic.com...

This explanation makes the most sense to me as I personally think its BS.

"Living things...are moist. When the electricity enters the living object, it produces an area of gas ionization around the photographed object, assuming moisture is present on the object. This moisture is transferred from the subject to the emulsion surface of the photographic film and causes an alternation of the electric charge pattern on the film. If a photograph is taken in a vacuum, where no ionized gas is present, no Kirlian image appears. If the Kirlian image were due to some paranormal fundamental living energy field, it should not disappear in a simple vacuum "

Anyway I would like to know what others here think of it? Is it real or just a hoax so to speak.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I agree it's a natural occurance and hs nothing to do with psychic energy, or auras, or any of that stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I dont see how standard camera equipment slightly modified can capture visible images of an invisible force. This sounds like a natural orrcurance, but most likely has nothing to do with actual auras or anything.

Although standard tape equipment can pick up so called EVPs. The likely hood of the cameras actually picking up the "life forces" and such is slim to none in my mind. These cameras most likely can not capture auras... except for demonic auras!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
From what I read, the camera was simply picking up on the natural magnetic distortion that occurs around ANY physical object. I'd like to believe that we are viewing auras here, but Kirlian photography is something else, purely a scientific reaction.
However, I've read some strange stuff about glasses tinted with a chemical called DiCyanine that seems to make the viewer able to view auras through them. I wanted to test it out but it was $50 for about a bee-bee sized pellet worth of the stuff, so if anyone else has the money and wants to try it, please do.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by Incognita]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The original method of this photography required direct contact of the subject, to the emulsion of the film..

The other cameras that take portraits are not true kirlain camera, and
are usually modified in a way to create the "effect".

If you are interested, I built a camera years ago, and took quite a few photos..

Here is the thread where I posted some of these..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well, Kirillian photography IS real... it is a photographic technique, yes and how much or how little of an aura you get depends on the moisture in an object (a cut tomato will have an aura MUCH larger than a human's.)

But it's not anything paranormal.

new topics

top topics

join