It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As the largest sunspot ever registered is about to focus on us, important reminder from July 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
As the largest sunspot ever registered is about to focus on us

Source:
spaceweather.com...

it is convenient to remind how the mass media silenced what I revealed July 2004
www.google.com...

Or the difference between end times and self fulfilled prophecy for the sheeple.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the wonderful post, a lot of interesting data on that side. So we are going to get hammered this weekend. Maybe there'll be some electrical outages?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
While is undeniable that the sun does have a lot to do with earth changes I don't think we are going to experience any doomsday, perhaps some solar disturbances but nothing that we humans can not survive.

Thanks for the link, that is a very nice pick of the sun spot, our sun still have many of thousands of years to keep us warm and safe.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
While is undeniable that the sun does have a lot to do with earth changes I don't think we are going to experience any doomsday, perhaps some solar disturbances but nothing that we humans can not survive.

Thanks for the link, that is a very nice pick of the sun spot, our sun still have many of thousands of years to keep us warm and safe.

Of course we will survive. But there has been statistically significant links of magnetic storms and car accidents, for example. Power outages? Yes.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think that the worst problem is going to be the flares and the TVs going off the air.

I remember we have some high activity a few years ago and we have warnings about the TVs going off and satellites.

It was in the month of March back then.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't recall anything happening when it "hit" us (Anybody? Bueller?.)

Our technology is a bit more sophisticated than it had been and I don't think we're as easily put out of commission by a solar storm.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In the last 24 hours my husband and I have had a significant amount of problems with our cell phones. Every call we have made has been dropped. Any chance the sun spots could be to blame?

Jemison

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
my ComCast cable has been acting up this week. When I go to watch on Demand programs they just stop altogether or skip all over the place. Very bizare. But I do recall seeing a thread that when a large solar flare occurs cells phone and digital cable with go haywire.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You can keep up on it here...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

SOHO is great for flare watching.

btw...I've worked in the electricity industry for 32 years and never have solar flares done any permanent damage to the power grid. That doesn't mean it couldn't...but, why worry? It's the weekend and I've got my mother in law coming for mothers day. I've got enough problems.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
NASA stopped displaying data - and I don't think it is because they need to concentrate photoshopping more rovers
www.n3kl.org...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So when is this supposed to be facing us? and what might happen? sorry i dont know alot about solar flares.

Thanks
DigitalGrl

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
``

... " For example: What are the effects
on human behavior of sustained massive solar flares?"...

link to-> www.solarc.squarespace.com...

~~~~~~~~~~

this page: umtof.umd.edu...

has different links to Flares
and a device called Energetic Particle Flare Monitor
and a device called Photon Monitor
and links to SOHO

? for what its worth...
maybe one of youse can decipher this data & site
(its just too confusing for me)

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This reminds me of all the weird solar activity back in Nov 2003. This is when one of the largest ever recorded solar flares hit us. It was an X-28. There were 3 solar flares in the span of a few weeks if I remember correctly. But the X-28 wasn't aimed directly at earth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also note that this was during a period that there were supposably supposed to be little solar flare activity.

If what Matt states is correct and this largest sunspot recorded directs a solar flare directly our way.. i'm sure we'll see some electrical outages and radio problems. Who knows?

top topics

join