Under the Spotlight

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

There are millions of people in this world who are missing - Their parents and loved ones would do anything to have them back....

But not every parent has an equal shot at getting their child's face plastered all over the front page of CNN or the $100,000 to offer as a reward....

It's a tragic event, and I hope that this publicity helps to shed light on the issue....But this is just more media sensationalism at its best

Everyone will rally around this story and celebrate when she's found alive, or mourn when she's found dead, and no one will stop to think about the others out there who may still have a chance but can't get the publicity b/c their parents can't fork over the amount of dough it takes to capture the attention spans of the media vultures....

It makes me so damn sick....

[edit on 4/29/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Clearly as everyone knows this has been made out to be a joke - Time and money has been wasted and many people have been made to look like fools at the expense of a rushed relationship....

And now that she's been found, clearly there's no need for the media to continue sensationalizing missing children, b/c there's no one else out there capable of coughing up $100,000....

:shk:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Wasn't that the lady who faked her abduction? Now THAT was sick!

-Chris

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
That would be the one :shk:

While authorities pondered whether to charge her with a crime, runaway bride Jennifer Wilbanks stopped short of a full apology when she met with state investigators Monday, an agent said.

Wilbanks cried when she met with them, said Carter Brank, an assistant special agent with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

"She was somewhat remorseful for what she had done. She didn't come right out and apologize," Brank said. "She didn't feel like she really had done anything wrong. But she did -- in her way -- make somewhat of an apology."

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i think the state should sue her. make her pay for the cost of looking for her.

what if an amber alert was issued and a child actually went missing or some on was actually kidnapped?

this isckens me, make her pay for it all.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys but looking at the chick on the picture she looks kinda creepy doesn't she? Bah, maybe its just me. :shk:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I don't know about you guys but looking at the chick on the picture she looks kinda creepy doesn't she? Bah, maybe its just me. :shk:

Why, I have no clue what you mean....

A-fish a-fish a-fishy ohhhhh.....Whereever the fish went, IIIIII did goooo....

[edit on 5/3/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I was laughing at CNN (based in Georgia, along with the failed marriage.)

They were saying, "Why was she in Albaquerque, New Mexico, of all places?!?!?

Having lived in both Atlanta and ABQ, I'd pick the second in a minute.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Having lived in both Atlanta and ABQ, I'd pick the second in a minute.

Damn skippy!!

I've visited Atlanta on several occasions - Certainly not somewhere that would lend itself to getting the notion of marrying a girl

In truth, she probably ran away to escape the up and coming sweaty-balls summer - That's the real reason......She just happened to be getting married at the same time....

new topics
top topics

join