It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thatcher leaves the country, frustrated at party's failure

BARONESS THATCHER, depressed at the prospect of a third Labour victory in a row, left the country yesterday after failing to take part in a general election campaign for the first time in 70 years.......

.......“She is frustrated that we are not winning.” The friend added that Lady Thatcher had taken the decision herself not to campaign because of her frailty, but said: “She wants to see a Conservative government again. She is frustrated that is not going to happen, despite the Labour Government’s serious shortcomings and all Tony Blair’s lies.”

The virtual admission of defeat from the former Prime Minister’s camp came as the Conservative Party high command prepared to spend £2 million on advertising in the final week of the campaign

- Given her capacity for embarrassing the party these days one wonders whether the average tory would be happy or sad.

Personally I'd have to say I'm surprised she has been so invisible in this campaign......and I don't believe it is all by her own chosing either.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Oh well, no major loss. If only we all had the chance to go abroad if Labour won again (I say if, but we all know they will win). Even though Bluuurrggh is a lying, slippery little bastard he is still going to get voted in by the hoard of Labour morons out there.

Did anyone see him on that debate the other night? He got a grilling, made to look an idiot but is still looking to win by a landslide. What is wrong with you people???

To be honest though, the Tories must have gone undergound in Reading (where i live) as the only posters/support campaigns seem to be done by Labour. Anyone would think we had a one party Government!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Oh well, no major loss. If only we all had the chance to go abroad if Labour won again (I say if, but we all know they will win).

- What?!
Not thinking of joining the Frank Brunos and Paul Daniels out there are you stu?

Even though Bluuurrggh is a lying, slippery little bastard he is still going to get voted in

- Yeah but the thing is he's a politician stu; that means they're all - as they always have been - considered lying slippery etc etc (did you see the poll - I think infinite quoted it, it was in the Telegraph - showing Howard's liar claims back-firing because of this very point?
)

by the hoard of Labour morons out there.

- Now stu, that wasn't very kind was it.
Panties in a twist today, hmmm?

Did anyone see him on that debate the other night? He got a grilling, made to look an idiot but is still looking to win by a landslide. What is wrong with you people???

- He got a rough ride in a couple of places (I saw it on the web cast) but so did the others; he's still the most media-friendly of the three of them (by a mile).

Do you think that those issues only play one way in the wider audience? Look at the polls, there's your answer, clearly they do not.

To be honest though, the Tories must have gone undergound in Reading (where i live) as the only posters/support campaigns seem to be done by Labour. Anyone would think we had a one party Government!

- Fear not stu; there'll be a change of sorts towards the end of this coming term when Brown takes over and you get the more old style Labour you seem to want.
(Personally I think it'll be fairly similar to the Euro type 'social democrat' party we have now with a tad more 'red' to it (but not a lot).

But nevertheless I have been surprised at Mrs T's total absense from the campaign; when you're up against a prospective 3 time winner surely you would want to wheel out your own big winner - however controlled the circumstances......wouldn't want the old dear careering off script again, hmmm.......if only to gee up and remind those in the tory party themselves that they were once capable of turning in a win themselves not that long ago.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

join