It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will Start WWIII???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
China may not have much of a military at the moment. However I stated 40 or so years from now. I believe I read around 2015 or 2016, China's GDP would be about equal to the United States unless something happens to delay that. At China's fast growing economic pace, they could easily have a bigger economy after that. If you spend a fixed amount of your GDP or gross domestic product on military spending, then suddenly you will have China spending more money on the military than the US does if both countries spend an equal percentage on the military. China may even have an economic advantage over the US on military spending if everything is less expensive as far as military spending goes. So while some may laugh at China's military might right now, I see a growing superpower threat to the world myself that will rival or surpass the US at some point unless something happens to change that.

Now if you state that in 40 years, China's military might will consist of 200 million men armed as well or much better than US soldiers of today, India wouldn't stand too much of a chance of even slowing down China's military except for possible logistical reasons IMO. A few nukes might slow down troop movement but then that would be the start of WWIII wouldn't it? I expect China will become more aggressive as its economic power starts to rival the US in the future. For the moment I believe China is content to let the US remain the world's policeman while they rapidly build their economy.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
contrary to popular belief IMO India has the military equipment and know-how to repel and maybe even defeat any chinese offensive..
I can explain myself in the most explicit details if anyone would want to know exactly how..
China's cutting down its army not building it.. They stand at 1.5 million today and India 1 million

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

I predict:
USA, UK, Israel, Canada, Russia ,Australia, Japan, and others.

Vs.
China, N Korea, All of the Middle East, and others

That's what I see too...

Who will France side with?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
contrary to popular belief IMO India has the military equipment and know-how to repel and maybe even defeat any chinese offensive..
I can explain myself in the most explicit details if anyone would want to know exactly how..

ok explain to me

China's cutting down its army not building it.. They stand at 1.5 million today and India 1 million

2.3 million.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
At present there are several Minor Incidents happening around the world that could spark WWIII.

I wouldnt call the threat of Iran gaining nuclear weapons and hitting Israel minor

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I wouldnt call the threat of Iran gaining nuclear weapons and hitting Israel minor

- I would.
I see no such threat. At all.

Even if Iran were to get hold of nuclear weaponary, as opposed to nuclear power production, - a huge 'if' and there is no realistic assessment that says this is anything buit a long way off - all that would mean was there was a state of deterrence between the two countries as Israel is already holding approx 200 nuclear weapons, reportedly.

......unless we are now to be told that the theory of deterrence is a lie?

I do not see any national leader(s) wanting to - or more importantly being allowed to - deliberately suicide their nation in persuit of an ideology, religious or otherwise.
Whether they be fundamentalist Muslims, Christians or Jews,

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I can see America finally getting fed up with all the Arab BS complaining about Israel and just telling Israel "Hey, you wanna have fun? Take over the ME, we won't stop you this time. BTW, don't forget to bring a towel."

It would be like say, Rhode Island breaking away, and then America complains about the Rhodins occupying American Land and attack it, only to get beaten, lose land when they retrwat, then complain to the world about the evil Rhodins taking land after they won a war America started.

So I can see America/UN finally just giving up on the matter and let Israel have fun for a couple years as they take over the ME.

Uh, no real way for China to invade Tawian. They don't have the Amphibious land craft for it. Also, they could just level it with missles, but to actually try to take with troops? Tawain is armed to the teeth with weapons we sold them.

Or the best possibility is someone tells Bush that Canada has oil and so we invade Canada, piss the world off even more, then it's every Former United Kingdom colony and most of western Europe vs America. But this will only happen if someone tells Bush about the oil in Canada.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

ok explain to me

2.3 million.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by chinawhite]

I think you're including reserves as well. Or maybe the indian army is at 1.5million

And as for explaining to you .. well we've done that once with the whole tibet/arunachal bit .. but if you want refresher course well I'm game.. but since we're talking about chinese offnesives you're gonna have to make the first move..
I will then correspondingly respond..

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I think you're including reserves as well. Or maybe the indian army is at 1.5million

you said the chinese army is 1.5million.

the chinese army is the PLA. which includes the PLAAF PLAN and PLA

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
yeah yeah.. I said I might've mixed the two up..

hehe.. So the PLA "includes" the PLA??

paradox!! conflict!! error..error!! cannot compute!!..!@#%$@#%@$#^# shutdown..

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What about USA vs. America as the triggering event?

The current US government is becoming more fascist, shredding the US constitution etc., it wouldn't be hard to imagine a civil war. As the US loses it's grip, countries that have been under US protection, like Israel, are now more vulnerable, so for example other countries that don't like Israel would perhaps see a window of opportunity to attack.
I bet China would also invade Taiwan at that point.

That's how I see it starting anyway.

Originally posted by Frosty
I'll stick to the Euro trash who started the first two. More than likely it will be Jacque #rack of France. Probably where oil for food scandal originated, where nuclear information secrets of sorts are being sold to Iran and NK, where Saddam's WMD's are being stored at.

*Censored*

The US provided North Korea with two nuclear reactors and nuclear information in the early 90s.
www.guardian.co.uk...

The US sold all kinds of nuclear stuff to Iran in the 60s and 70s.
www.workers.org...

The US sold the technology and material required to build WMDs to Iraq.
www.sundayherald.com...

Problem, reaction, solution.

[edit on 18/9/2005 by SwearBear]

Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate comment.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by sanctum]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Who invades India??

China??
EU armies??

God your funny...dont underestimate the Europeans...

When the EU finally finds a reason to come together and declare war...you will panick!!!

The US, China and Russia WILL ALL PANICK!

The British Army alone is the best trained army in the world, imagine when we begin to train the rest of the continent...Nobody will stand in our way!

Mic

EDIT: Im not kiddin haha...

[edit on 2/5/2006 by MickeyDee]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
World War.

I am not sure what constitutes "world war" but I think it must also involve the total economic takeover directed to militarry production PLUS the inolvement of the worlds main players. For example, in WW1 and WW2 the economies of the contenders were subsumed by the need to produce war material and whole generations were directed to either production or fighting. Indeed, the economy of the UK was practically destroyed by the effort in both World Wars such was the investment in the fight.

I am not sure that state would ever happen again. I would say that USA vrs a couple of third world nut cases (Iran, Syria, North Korea et al) would hardly stretch the US ecomony let alone knock it off stride. A war with China is (I think) very unlikely. In fact, any "real" wars involving the major nations of the world are just not going to happen. I cannot see how the US would fight China, as they are seperated by an ocean!

Any war BETWEEN the leading nations of the world would be played out in the economic front, we are just too informed and educated to fall into anything other than sorting out the worlds psycho regimes, like Iraq. The US can build as many fancy F22s as they like but they'll never fight against a democracy OR against a first world nation.

Regards

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

Who invades India??

China??
EU armies??

God your funny...dont underestimate the Europeans...

When the EU finally finds a reason to come together and declare war...you will panick!!!

The US, China and Russia WILL ALL PANICK!

The British Army alone is the best trained army in the world, imagine when we begin to train the rest of the continent...Nobody will stand in our way!

Mic

EDIT: Im not kiddin haha...

[edit on 2/5/2006 by MickeyDee]

Err... yeah... whatever.. we wait in eager anticipation..

( I'm kidding about the eagerness bit though
)

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My money's on China, Russia, The Middle East, or Venesula, doing something stupid to start it.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Depends how current political situations go and if Bush wants to be more pushy. Because if you can imagine, with the US going about its way through-out the world right now, it's feeling as if a lot of nations (i.e. China/Russia) with power don't seem to matter on the big scale.

My speculation at World War 3?

It begins with Bush bombing strategic locations in Iran (including anti-missle batteries, and the uranium enrichment buildings). Here Russia and China are holding strong aggression and warning towards the United States for what they've done, however nothing happens. Iran then sends a few missiles at Israel.

In a rage, Israel wants to fight back and approves immediate action to Iran's response and send a series of aerial attacks followed by cruise missile attacks within the capital, trying to take out the dictator.

With that the United States is in a pinch at what to do, Congress can't decide whether to support any resolution to what they've started with the war in Iraq, they don't know the best course of action. Russia and China threaten Israel to stop their actions immediately, Israel's mad and expecting U.S. support.

From there.. either.. the U.S. fights back (i.e. World War 3...)

or they step down and seek more political approaches.

[edit on 5/8/2006 by Masisoar]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join