It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will Start WWIII???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Both WWI and WWII were started by relatively minor incidents that spiralled horrifically out of control!

At present there are several Minor Incidents happening around the world that could spark WWIII.

Below is a list of several conflicts that could cause the war to end all wars!

China V USA

At the moment, the USA is the worlds only superpower. But China is not far behind.
With the worlds largest army, biggest population and the fastest growing economy on the planet, it can only be a matter of time before China begins to threaten the US's superiority, causing the biggest power struggle the world has ever seen!!!

Syria & Iran V USA

In 1979 a crack team of Islamists overthrew the Iranian Monarchy.
They have been in power ever since and now are now (possibly) looking to become a nuclear power.
Meanwhile Syria has been named alongside Iran as an Axis Of Evil Country by George W Bush.
The anti-Israeli Syrians have recently announced an alliance with Iran against the pro-Israeli US.
It is also widely believed that George W Bush's next war will be in Iran.

North Korea V America

Communist North Korea is lead by paranoid nutter Kim Jong.
Kim Jong has believed for years that the US will invade his beloved country.
And as Bush becomes more and more war hungry, Jong aquiring nuclear weapons just adds fuel to the fire between the two countries!
If North Korea is attacked by the US, there is a possibility that old ally China will intervene on NK's part.

China V Taiwan

China has been threatening to invade Taiwan for several years now as China considers it part of Chinese territory.
It currently has hundreds of missiles trained across the Taiwan straight.
If China does decide to attack, it could pull the US in to WWIII as the US has promised to defend little democratic Taiwan from her communist aggressors.

Israel V Palestine

The illegal occupation of Palestine continues by Israeli forces.
There is a likely hood of future wars due to Israel controlling things like the water supply into Palestine and because of Bush's internationally condemed support of Israel.
The US's support of the State Of Israel has caused mass anger across the world but especially in the Middle East, where it remains a major reason people turn to terrorism against the west.
It was also one of the many reasons OBL planned 9/11.

Pakistan V India

There have been three official wars between these two countries since 1947.
Most fighting is over the disputed territory of Kashmir.
After both aquired nuclear weapons war between the two seemed inevitable, but recent talks and good relations between the two seem to have cooled the situation for the moment!
But for how long???

Russia V Checnya

Russia captured oil rich Chechnya back in 1859 but were expelled 60 years later. Russia recaptured Chechnya in 1922, but following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 Chechnya declared independance again.
Last september Chechen terrorists held 1000 hostages at a school in Beslan to make a point. Since then Chechnya gets blamed for just about everything by Russian leader Putin.
The fighting started years back and is ongoing, but just how long will it be before Russia shows her true strength???

US V Cuba

Not very likely this one!!!
The US hates communists, and Cuba just happen to be communists.
In October 2003 George W Bush announced measures to hasten the end of communist rule all over the world, which of course also means the USA's neighbour, Cuba!!!
Would Bush resort to an invasion of Cuba to overthrow their communist leader?
Not just yet i think!!!

This post is loosely based on an article featured in a popular mens magazine, but has been changed to better suit ATS!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
have you ever heard of full scale first strike?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Oh no!! Good post btw, but I am scared of all the USA bashing that’s about to commence.

Some feel that WWIII has already started. Like a trickle effect. I don’t think China or Russia will go head to head with the USA unless their financial structure is severely affected. So...I don’t really think that anything going on today will spure a war that involves the big three.

You wont see China vs. USA. Not for a very long time anyways. China wants to develop, and it cant without USA money. This will change over time, but that’s the way it is today. Pretty much the same with Russia.

I think the next real WW will involve Israel attacking or being attacked by another Middle Eastern nation(s). The USA will back Israel of course, and depending on any business arrangements the other Middle eastern nation(s) will get help from China or Russia. Once this happens, the remaining military powers will slowly get involved.

I predict:
USA, UK, Israel, Canada (i know!), Russia (yes, Russia), Australia, Japan, and others.

Vs.
China, N Korea, All of the Middle East, and others

But, I truly dont see China, Russia, and the US fighting DIRECTLY in the near future.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

But, I truly dont see China, Russia, and the US fighting DIRECTLY in the near future.

I can see the US and China being dragged into conflict with each other fro reassons such as the Middle East or NK like you said.

If the US and China went to war, who do you think Russia would back???

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You forgot about:

Jamaica vs. Bahamas

For years now, these 2 small Islands have been the vacation geteways of choice for people around the world. In the next 2 years we will see a power struggle for the supreme vacation destination, which will ultimately end in the total destruction of one of these 2 paradises. Weapon of choice? The coconut nuke!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Just wondering what magazine did you get this from?

and if you think WWIII is going to be bad just wait for WWV

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

and if you think WWIII is going to be bad just wait for WWV

WWIII will be the last world war.
Not because of the end of the world but because there will be such devastation that the world will come together and make peace once it is over.

If we dont WWIV will end the world!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Why does half of your scenarios involve the US?
Has the US ever started a World War?

That's Europe's job

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Why does half of your scenarios involve the US?

I dont mean to offend the US, its just theres alot more tension over the US than anyone else at the moment.

And yes your right, Europe including Britain does normally start the world wars. But we are united now. (for how long???)

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
You forgot about:

Jamaica vs. Bahamas

For years now, these 2 small Islands have been the vacation geteways of choice for people around the world. In the next 2 years we will see a power struggle for the supreme vacation destination, which will ultimately end in the total destruction of one of these 2 paradises. Weapon of choice? The coconut nuke!

Jamaica is no match for the Bahamas when it comes to tourism.
Jamaica gets about 2 million visitors per year while the Bahamas gets about 4 million.

If they do fight I think the weapon of choice will be beer bottles (Kalik vs. Red Stripe) and conch shells, not coconuts.

I think Cuba is a bigger threat to the Bahamas' rank as a top vacation spot if the US and Cuba ever improve relations.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Jamaica and Bahamas are not going to be the cause of WWIII.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Jamaica and Bahamas are not going to be the cause of WWIII.

You're right.
They forgot to mention the Bermuda factor

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'll stick to the Euro trash who started the first two. More than likely it will be Jacque #rack of France. Probably where oil for food scandal originated, where nuclear information secrets of sorts are being sold to Iran and NK, where Saddam's WMD's are being stored at.

Or somewhere near there, I say Israel because of the militants shooting kids and the lame suicide bombers.

A long shot: India and Pakistan, both love to hate each others hatefulness, fighting over Kashmir by Led Zeppelin, and they have nuclear warheads amassed in rather large quantities near the border burrito from Taco Bell.

That's my two cents no thank you put it in the penny tray.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Both WWI and WWII were started by relatively minor incidents that spiralled horrifically out of control!

I wasn't aware that the annexation of Czechoslovakia and the invasion of Poland were minor incidents.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't think that any full-scale war involving Israel is likely. The IDF is too strong and no neighboring arab country will risk it, nor the economic cost. Even in the hight of the current conflict with the palastinians they only used diplomatic condemnations. Any esccalation will be through proxies: Hizballa, Hammas etc'.
The most Extreme scenario is Israely strike against Iran to prevent it from gaining nuclear power, which is unlikly at the momant. That could become a limited conflict involving Syria (only) and missile exchange, but even than it won't be WWIII. What world powers would want to join in? What for?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The most Extreme scenario is Israely strike against Iran to prevent it from gaining nuclear power, which is unlikly at the momant. That could become a limited conflict involving Syria (only) and missile exchange, but even than it won't be WWIII. What world powers would want to join in? What for?

For reasons unknown to me, im sure GWB would have something to say if Syria and Iran began firing missiles into Israel!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There is a difference between saying something (which everyone always do) and doing something. Even during the cold war there was no direct intervention in Israely-Arab wars. Now certanly there will be none unless a nuclear war will erupt.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Maybe we should bring back the good old "duck and cover if you hear a nuke comming"

Yeah i think the possibility of nuclear war in the comming years is quite likely given the current geopolitical situation. If i were able to chose any planet to be on at the mo, it deffinately wouldn't be earth.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I was thinking just give China 40 or so many years and then they can sweep across Southeast Asia while the leader of the EU unites armies of the west and a few others in a grand battle at Megiddo in the Middle East. I think this might be the mother of all battles if it's not interrupted too much. However there might be a few nukes detonated on asian troops as they invade India or the middle east, just to slow their advance to Megiddo. Technology can advance a lot in 40 years so nukes might just slow them down. Then after only a fraction of the world's population is left after the battle at Megiddo, there will be 1000 years of peace before another conflict. I don't believe that conflict will be as bad. In the meantime, I'm sure we will have a number of smaller wars to keep us all amused.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Who invades India??

China??
EU armies??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join