It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle of Holy Fire that happens every year in Jerusalem........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hi all ,

Every year at Jerusalem on the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ ,a ''miraculous Fire '' appears inside the Tomb of Jesus Christ.....being the date the 1ST OF MAY...for the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ it will happen again....
Glory be to God.....

Quote//The ceremony, which awes the souls of Christians, takes place in the Church of the Resurrection in Jerusalem.
The date for Pascha is determined anew for every year.
It must be a first Sunday after the spring equinox and Jewish Passover. Therefore, most of the time it differs from the date of Catholic and Protestant Easter, which is determined using different criteria. (determining the correct date of Pascha below)
www.assa.org.au...
The Holy Fire is the most renowned miracle in the world of Eastern Orthodoxy. IIt has taken place at the same time, in the same manner, in the same place every single year for centuries.
No other miracle is known to occur so regularly and so steadily over time. No other miracle is known to occur so regularly and so steadily over time. It happens in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, the holiest place on earth[2], where Christ was crucified, entombed, and where He finally rose from the dead.......

How old is the wonder?

The first written account of the Holy Fire (Holy Light) dates from the fourth century,
but authors write about events that occurred in the first century. So Ss. John Damascene and Gregory of Nissa narrate how the Apostle Peter saw the Holy Light in the Holy Sepulchre after Christ's resurrection.
"One can trace the miracle throughout the centuries in the many itineraries of the Holy Land."
The Russian abbot Daniel, in his itinerary written in the years 1106-07, presents the "Miracle of the Holy Light" and the ceremonies that frame it in a very detailed manner.
He recalls how the Patriarch goes into the Sepulchre-chapel (the Anastasis) with two candles.
The Patriarch kneels in front of the stone on which Christ was laid after his death and says certain prayers, at which point the miracle occurs. Light proceeds from the core of the stone - a blue, indefinable light which after some time kindles unlit oil lamps as well as the Patriarch's two candles. This light is "The Holy Fire", and it spreads to all people present in the Church.
The ceremony surrounding "The Miracle of the Holy Fire" may be the oldest unbroken Christian ceremony in the world.
From the fourth century A.D. all the way up to our own time, sources recall this awe-inspiring event. From these sources it becomes clear that the miracle has been celebrated on the same spot, on the same feast day, and in the same liturgical frame throughout all these centuries.[2]

see the Holy fire on video/also this FIRE does not BURN.....

www.holyfire.org...

And to all Orthodox Christians Xristos Anesti.....(Christ has risen)
and to which the reply is ...................Alithos Anesti.......indeed He has truly Risen...
helen..

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
hmmm...seems like something that could be easily faked. and those pictures dont look all that credible either. The first one just looks like glare from the sun and the one with someones hand that appears to be inside the flame.,..could have easily been airbrushed to make it look that way. This is one of those things i would have to see to believe. pictures over the internet are not that credible ya know?

Thanks for sharing helen. as always i enjoy your post.

Kind regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Hi all ,

Every year at Jerusalem on the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ ,a ''miraculous Fire '' appears inside the Tomb of Jesus Christ.....being the date the 1ST OF MAY...for the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ it will happen again....
Glory be to God.....

So what does this mean to you personally? What does it do for you? Didn't read the site, but how does this play into salvation. These are serious questions, I'm not being snotty.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hi Digi.....
I can tell you that there is no glare from the sun because it's at midnight.....

Many people of other faiths have seen this miracle....
But I guess being on the internet many people wonder if it is a con...
I know people that have travelled in Jerusalem for this occasion being Holy Pascha(Easter) and have seen candles light up on their own....and the fire does not burn......

Actually this is known world wide and if it was a fake then it would have been told ........anything to discount Christianity...among many who have seen this have been Jews and Muslims living in the area.....and a muslim was actually beheaded for seeing this miracle and bowing down to the Christian God ....

take care Digi...

helen

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm Greek Orthodox and tonight I'm going to Church for the anastasi. Didn't know about this miracle though. Incredible if real.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow...see i didnt know that helen thank you for sheading some light on that for me. I hope you can understand why i am skeptical about things over the internet considering being on a conspiracy site where people claim them all the time....or show us claims of them ya know?

Why do they think this happens? i mean for what purpose exactly? and why only in this place and not others?

Now granted if it is a divine occurence then these questions will be hard to answer, since we cant read the mind of God and some of the things he does are a mystery to us in our current time but i was just wondering what your take on it was?

Thanks again,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Wow...see i didnt know that helen thank you for sheading some light on that for me. I hope you can understand why i am skeptical about things over the internet considering being on a conspiracy site where people claim them all the time....or show us claims of them ya know?

Why do they think this happens? i mean for what purpose exactly? and why only in this place and not others?

Now granted if it is a divine occurence then these questions will be hard to answer, since we cant read the mind of God and some of the things he does are a mystery to us in our current time but i was just wondering what your take on it was?

Thanks again,
Digital Grl

No problems Digi.

I can understand the internet ,beleive me...

this happens in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, the holiest place on earth where Christ was crucified, entombed, and where He finally rose from the dead...

Simon_ Xristos Anesti...

I only found out about 5 yrs ago myself......The internet can be good as it can be bad!
I wouldn't mind visiting Jerusalem one day....

helen

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Hi all ,

Glory be to God.....

So what does this mean to you personally? What does it do for you? Didn't read the site, but how does this play into salvation. These are serious questions, I'm not being snotty.

Hi dbrandt....
Personally I would say it strengthens my faith.......not because of the miracle,but because many Christians all over the world seem to be changed by this .........it teaches us that ''Moderanism'' in the Church should not be changed to fit into society just to please the people...

All Christians at one point/before the Schism....1054..... Did have one date for PASCHA(easter)........

The miracle at Jerusalem ''Holy light'' is not a serious concern to me because Faith plays no part in miracles......
It will be with Miracles(false..using sorcery and other means) that the Antichrist will captivate his audience.
Your not being snotty!
helen
What is snotty?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Bit late, but alithos anesti..

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The miracle at Jerusalem ''Holy light'' is not a serious concern to me because Faith plays no part in miracles......
It will be with Miracles(false..using sorcery and other means) that the Antichrist will captivate his audience.
Your not being snotty!
helen
What is snotty?

Snotty is being mean/rude.

So how do you tell a false miracle from a real one?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Your not being snotty!
helen
What is snotty?

Snotty is being mean/rude.

So how do you tell a false miracle from a real one?

Hi ..
a false miracle will only satisfy ones curiousity toward wordly thinking without teaching us about our faults.....
Anything of that nature being only for curious minds that has no significance what so ever about our soul is not from God....
eg.....
many, if not all appararitions are mainly in the air....aerial realm of satan.
Christ never wanted to do miracles because it would only satisfy our curiosity for that time without drawing us to God with our free will....accepting Christ for goodness and not simply because of a miracle...
**wHAT Christ refused to do will be done by Antichrist.......to satisfy our human thinking .a spectacular event in the aerial realm....the sky!
''His coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders''(Thess2:9)''
The Antichrist will give a sign from the heavens'',ie a sign in the air,the principal domain of Satan(cf.St Ephreim the Syrian,Discourse CVI,p .11;Eph 2:12,6:12)
St John the theologian says that the Antichrist will perform mighty works,.''so that he maketh fire come down from the heaven on earth in the sight of man ''(Rev 13:13)
The Holy Apostle Paul calls Satan ''the prince of the power of the air''(Eph2:2)
These miracles that the Antichrist will produce will have no logic in them, they will only captivate the audience and nothing more.....like going to a magic show ......they have no meaning.

A real miracle draws one to recognising their faults.....makes one realise that we all sin in the eyes of God ... we are guilty of our own passions(satisfing our human body)....our flesh (body) only seeking wordly satifaction....while our ''soul'' seeks God .....recognition of what sin is ......
spiritual requirement should come first...
Christ replied to Satan,saying ''Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God''(Matt4:4)
The Lord warns us .
''And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting(overindulgence,an excess)and drunkeness''(Lk 21:34)
so, any miracle that does not bring you in remembrance of God and leaves you feeling happy go lucky is not from God.......
If a miracle only makes one proud or seeks to be recognised only by man for vanity, then again it is not from God....
Miracles that are from God makes one 'humble' and remembers their own sin, and judges not anothers sin.....for a miracle is when one is truly suffering like Christ......He took upon Himself the 'curse of man ' ......in order that we may have access to paradise(church of the first people).......the tree of Knowledge became the CROSS of Christ.....
I can go on, but im getting off the subject...
helen.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It seems like all of Jesus' miracles were either healing, feeding, or protecting.

They were all signs of his power and he did them so people would believe.
They didnt have anything to do with sin, but rather faith. Belief.
Remember the blind man who was healed ....

Joh 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind
Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

So what was the miracle? Sight. Why? So that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Not a sign...a help

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The light miracle in Jerusalem fascinates me and makes me wonder and be amazed at just how unlimited God is, the laws of physics do not apply to Him/Her/It.

I have never heard of this miracle before and even though the thread is from a ways back I am so curious about it I thought I'd put it up for y'all's comments.

Happy New Year!

STM

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hi seentoomuch/

Well I have not personally seen this miracle happen, but do know of people that go to Jerusalem to witness the miracle fire.
This happens only once a year,being Pascha(English word 'Easter'.) of-course and has been witnessed by Muslims and Jews alike.
The correct Pascha date is the Old Calendar.......Being ''The Gregorian Calender'' to celebrate the Resurrection Of Christ.(in remembrance)...how many forget a Birthday?
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you, family and friends.
helen

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

And he does great wonders, so that he makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 13:13

which, BTW, is an intriguing numerical assigment:
'mem' מ & ם (final) is the 13th number in the Hebrew alephbet (and so is 'm' in our own) and it represents revelation - either revealed or concealed depending on whether it is used in the word or at the end of the word (final).

2 Thessalonians 2:8~!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

And he does great wonders, so that he makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 13:13

which, BTW, is an intriguing numerical assigment:
'mem' מ & ם (final) is the 13th number in the Hebrew alephbet (and so is 'm' in our own) and it represents revelation - either revealed or concealed depending on whether it is used in the word or at the end of the word (final).

2 Thessalonians 2:8~!

Hi queenannie/
I guess that is why 'miracles' should not be the centre attention of a Christians life.There are miracles that do happen, but many of those miracles go unoticed .
Fire in the sky could also be interpreted many ways.
I have heard that 'fire in the sky' could also be interpreted as being U.F.O's
....a big deception toward the end of the world scenario....

Prayers of Exorcism and other prayers(being from the Old Testament)are used in the service for Pascha, when the 33 candles are held and the fire appears.
Like I said, I have not actually seen this, and do not base my faith on miracles.

Happy New Year to all.

helen

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hmmm,
I'm just correcting my mistake on the calander issue........was not thinking,and hope it does not become a habit.
I said.......

The correct Pascha date is the Old Calendar.......Being ''The Gregorian Calender'' to celebrate the..........

It should read......''Being ''The Julian Calender'' to celebrate the..........

'The Julian Calander is used to calculate the date of Pascha'.....

I would also like to add that , Pascha comes from the Hebrew pesah,
a yearling lamb that was sacrificed at the Jews’ spring festival.
The feast itself came to be called Pascha (or Passover; see Exodus 12.5
Christ died on the Cross at the very hour the paschal lambs were being slaughtered for the Feast.

helen

top topics

join