It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pursuing Nuclear Weapons...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why do so many countries pursue nuclear weapons, when we see how simple means like crashing planes or threatening chemical or biological attacks, can be devastating. Fear can be a weapon as we all know. Are these countries hell bent on getting nuclear weapons or just the thought of them potentially having them is thier goal...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Why do you think countries have them now?

Because no one will attack them, due to ownership of these weapons.

DO you think the US would have attacked Iraq if they had them? Of course they would not.

I think that in itself explains why countries want them.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You know its funny, I dont like President Bush at all, but last night I heard him say the most intelligent thing I have ever heard him say regarding Iran.

He said in refference to Irans seemingly infatuation with nuclear power. He said something like: "Why do they need nuclear fuel? They already have all the oil the need..."

As "Redneck" as that sounds, there is some logic there. If you were sitting on top of one of the worlds biggest reserves of oil, what need do you have for nuclear power?

I never looked at it that way before. Its about arming themseves with nuclear weapons, I have never been so convinced.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Jeez, how many times does this need to be said.

If most of thier energy comes from nuclear energy, they can sell more oil to all the morons driving SUVs.

Bush shows his stupidity and short sightedness once again.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Jeez, how many times does this need to be said.

If most of thier energy comes from nuclear energy, they can sell more oil to all the morons driving SUVs.

Bush shows his stupidity and short sightedness once again.

I say this in no defense of Dubya.....

Or they could be trying to make nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The whole thing is called Hegemony. We(US) have all the power and every other nations fears us. They should too, we have killed hundreds of thousands of people since WWII with out one nuke. Well, what can all these nation do about it. Build nukes, we(US) only attack weak nation ie Iraq, Panama, Cuba, and so on. All these nations have two things, no nukes, and a growning public that doesnst support the US.

top topics

join