It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosemary Kill Bill To Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I just uncovered some interesting movie-music synchronizations involving the use of music by The Beatles (and Judas Priest):

Rosemary's Baby was filmed in synchronization with the music of the Beatles. So far, Rubber Soul, Help, Revolver, Beatles For Sale, and With The Beatles have been confirmed.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 makes use of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles (exceptional synchronization), and also an album entitled Brittish Steel by Judas Priest (I suspect other albums by both groups were used for the Kill Bill movies).

These two movies make use of similar style start points, and are even thematically analogous in many respects. The start points were built into the appearance of the studio logos prior to the beginning of the films. Music from the albums should begin just as the movie-specific music begins during the the appearance of the movie studio logo: Paramount, with piano chime, for Rosemary's Baby, and Miramax, with drum roll, for Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Vol. 2 makes use of a piano jingle). Hints as to what music is used for the synchronization are included within the movies themselves ("island nation steel" and "red light induced head-loss in back seat," etc...).

Kill Bill Vol. 2 might use the same music, but Vol. 1 one is exceptional in its synchronization with music, while Vol. 2 seems to make a very subtle use of synchronization to this same music, and requires a more careful study.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Scorpio Shaping Flow]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
OMG - you mean that movies have music in them????

So, what is your point?

[edit on 29-4-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
OMG - you mean that movies have music in them????

So, what is your point?

[edit on 29-4-2005 by HowardRoark]

The idea is that you can play the song and the movie at the same time and the music synchronizes up to the movie, like the Wizard of Ozz and Dark Side of The Moon

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Kill Bill Vol. 1 makes use of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles (exceptional synchronization), and also an album entitled Brittish Steel by Judas Priest (I suspect other albums by both groups were used for the Kill Bill movies).
[/quiote]
What? A movie can't be synched to two albums. Thats far too much of a stretch. I can buy it with one album, but two?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Scorpio Shaping Flow

How do you find these Movie - Music Relations?

Do you go and watch a movie and then decide which Album you want to listen/watch that movie to without sound?

Anyway, nice findings!

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpio Shaping Flow
Rosemary's Baby was filmed in synchronization with the music of the Beatles. So far, Rubber Soul, Help, Revolver, Beatles For Sale, and With The Beatles have been confirmed.

And I've confirmed every episode of Fraggle Rock to have been filmed in synchronization with Black Flag Damaged.

$35 and a six pack to my name...

SIX PACK!

My girlfriend asked me which one I like better...

SIX PACK!

I hope the answer won't upset her...

SIX PACK!

[edit on 30-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
With Rosemary's Baby, it's the "Astrid factor" in Rosemary's hair - which becomes boy hair - once she starts to get sick. Also, the weird piano chime is an obvious hint that music was used in synchronization with the film (Rocky Horror did the exact same Beatles-piano-logo synchronization act).

With Kill Bill Vol 1, there is the "Rosemary theme" weaved into the story in its own unique fashion, and then there are the hints I noticed and mentioned ("he blew his mind out in a car," etc ...).

People don't realize how easy it is to gust draw ideas from multiple albums while they are playing and combine them into a scne that plays out to both albums in synchronization. All you have to do is watch the synchronizations and then think about how they would go about accomplishing the synchronization. One only has to draw ideas, not make the scene and album lyrics exactly alike. Then there is watching the actors "dance" out their scenes, and then you zero in on the exact album they like to use. Rubber Soul is big in this respect for Rosemary's Baby. The actors even use different music from different albums at the same time for different actions they perform.

Also, I suspect that the two "Rosemaries" are actually in astral projecting trance in at least one scene from each movie, both while "lying down at the doctor's office." I have to go back and look at Rosemary's Baby again to see if the suspicion can hold any validity at all. That scene in the doctor's office with Rosemary lying down definitely symbolizes the process of quick and easy astral projection supported by network managed, maintained, and distributed-via-hierarchy illuminative power.

From Kill Bill, there is an interesting use of analogy in these synchronizations. Gunfire is "singing out of key." And the Pussy Wagon is the "boat on a river" in Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Those are good finds you have there Scorpio Shaping Flow,

I'm gonna try this with Pulp Fiction just as they shoot (Phil LaMarr) Marvin in the face ("he blew his mind out in a car,") and see where the song takes it from there.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Pulp Fiction is a Siamese Dream movie. Just start the music on the Smashing Pumkins album just as the definition for pulp flashes onto the screen. I'll have to try The Beatles to Pulp Fiction.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The scene in Kill Bill Vol. 1 where O-Ren Ishii is up high on the roof of the tall building, pulling the trigger built into Black Mamba which kills the general in the back seat of the limo is designed to compliment the scene in Pulp Fiction where Vincent accidently pulls the trigger of his 45 and blows the guy's brains out all over the back seat area of the "rental" Nova. It was Vincent's highly programmed intuition, symbolized by O-Ren, who pulled the trigger. Vincent cannot consciously tune into his own intuition, so he has no idea why he pulled the trigger.

Oh, by the way, Judas Priest's albums entitled Hell Bent For Leather, Screaming For Vengeance, and Defenders of the Faith are synchronized with Kill Bill Vol. 1.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The Beatles recorded The Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, and Let It Be in synchronization with the Roman Polanski movie entitled Rosemary's Baby. This was a response to the movie having been filmed in synchronization with earlier Beatles album titles, including: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Revolver, Rubber Soul, Help, and Beatles For Sale. Much that is strange about Beatle Lyrics in the later albums is explained by this movie-album synchronization between Rosemary's Baby and the music of the Beatles. The start point for these synchronizations is easy to find. One simply pauses the movie right when the weird piano chime sounds, just as the Paramount Studio logo flashes onto the screen. This occurs right at the beginning of the film for Rosemary's Baby, so one simply pauses right at the beginning of the movie, and then starts the first song on the album and the movie simultaneously for the synchronization to line up properly (for The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2, the start point happens a few seconds later during the studio logo intro, when the musical chime or drum roll indicates the start point). The CD player should be in repeat-all mode while the movie plays, so that the music lasts the entire length of the movie.

Stanley Kubrick also made use of the Brittish-release Beatles albums for his movie, including an echoing loop version of Abbey Road. Typically, the start point for a movie-album synchronization is where a musical hints have been included with the studio logo intro, at the exact point of the first beginning credit, or when the musical score begins (the case for Boys Don't Cry, a Let It Be/Abbey Road movie for certain). The DVD versions of Stanley Kubrick movies filmed after 2001: A Space Odyssey can be played in synchronization with the CD version of Abbey Road all day long. Just leave the DVD and CD playing uninterupted right through the main menu sequence and into the next showing of the movie for as long as one feels like studying (2001 uses an echoing loop version of Revolver).

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well, I did it. I tried it out. It kinda works out. Some spots are pretty dern eerie. Here is a list of what I remember.

The guitar on Sgt Pepper's kicks in right at the moment "Our feature presentation" comes on.

"Would you stand up and walk out on me..."...Bill puts one right in her head at the end of those lyrics.

Then the opening credits role as "A little help from my friends" plays.

Uma Thurman's first color close up sinks up with "girl the kaleidoscope eyes."

Getting Better begins as they exchange pleasantries with the kid and go get coffee.

Within You Without You begins as Elle is walking through the hospital.

"Space between" as they show the distance from Elle to Kiddo. (Sorry, partial lyric)

"Walls" as they split screen Kiddo and Elle. (Again, sorry for a small snippet of the lyrics...I really dont listen to that song that much)

"When I'm Sixty Four" begins as they flash Four Years Later.

The bell ring between chorus and verse on When I'm Sixty Four and her discovering the plate in her head syncs up really well.

Lovely Rita starts as Buck and pal make it in the room.

"In her room, I almost made it" is sung as the customer climbs on top of Kiddo.

The music to Good Morning, Good Morning starts as Kiddo slashes Buck's achille's.

"I saw the photograph." - Photo of O'Ren Ishi

"A crowd of people stood and stared" - Budd, Elle, Vernita, and O'Ren standing over her.

This is just a small list of what I caught. Maybe I had my timing messed up. But it was still eerie when she tapped plate as bell was ringing.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
RANT all I can say is it is refreshing to see someone else out there with the same musical tastes as I have...BF was and continues to be the most influential band on the music I play. Jaws will drop, things will be whispered, but it's still music I listen to on a daily basis, even working in law enforcement and being in the military...and I am not ashamed...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpio Shaping Flow
Music from the albums should begin just as the movie-specific music begins during the the appearance of the movie studio logo: Paramount, with piano chime, for Rosemary's Baby, and Miramax, with drum roll, for Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Vol. 2 makes use of a piano jingle). Hints as to what music is used for the synchronization are included within the movies themselves ("island nation steel" and "red light induced head-loss in back seat," etc...).

This had me a little confused. The movie-specific music for Kill Bill Vol. 1 doesn't start for a good 5 seconds or so after the Miramax drum-roll. So I'm not sure exactly where to start the album. At the beginning of the Miramax drum roll? At the end of it? At the beginning of the movie-specific music? I've tried a couple start-points and am able to see that the movie had to have been synched to the Sgt. Pepper album. Although, as you've said elsewhere, if you don't get the precise starting point you lose a lot of subtle nuances. I'm pretty sure I got the starting point right once, as I observed some crazy precisely-timed correlations that could not possibly be mere "coincidence".

Originally posted by OXmanK
Well, I did it. I tried it out. It kinda works out. Some spots are pretty dern eerie. Here is a list of what I remember.

The guitar on Sgt Pepper's kicks in right at the moment "Our feature presentation" comes on.

True indeed.

I'll have to look up the lyrics to the album and read them so I have them in my mind more, because I can't always make out all of the lyrics from just listening to them.

"Would you stand up and walk out on me..."...Bill puts one right in her head at the end of those lyrics.

And what's even more remarkable, is that after the album ends and starts over(because it should be on repeat all) and gets back to that same song and lyric again, someone catches a bullet to the head again right around the lyric of "Would you stand up and walk out on me".

Then the opening credits role as "A little help from my friends" plays.

Uma Thurman's first color close up sinks up with "girl the kaleidoscope eyes."

Getting Better begins as they exchange pleasantries with the kid and go get coffee.

And also as Scorpio Shaping Flow pointed out, the first color scene shows the Pussy Wagon as a "boat on a river". Also notice the bright colors and specifically the flowers shown at the same time The Beatles are singing about the colors of flowers.

Now here's one of the most obvious blatant correlations between the album and movie:

Right after the first fight scene that comes to its conclusion in the kitchen, just as Black Mamba pulls the knife out of Copperhead's chest and grabs a rag to wipe the blood off of it, The Beatles are singing: "She goes downstairs to the kitchen clutching her handkerchief.

Within You Without You begins as Elle is walking through the hospital.

"Space between" as they show the distance from Elle to Kiddo. (Sorry, partial lyric)

"Walls" as they split screen Kiddo and Elle. (Again, sorry for a small snippet of the lyrics...I really dont listen to that song that much)

"When I'm Sixty Four" begins as they flash Four Years Later.

The bell ring between chorus and verse on When I'm Sixty Four and her discovering the plate in her head syncs up really well.

I caught three of those. I'll have to watch again for the latter two.

Lovely Rita starts as Buck and pal make it in the room.

"In her room, I almost made it" is sung as the customer climbs on top of Kiddo.

The music to Good Morning, Good Morning starts as Kiddo slashes Buck's achille's.

"I saw the photograph." - Photo of O'Ren Ishi

"A crowd of people stood and stared" - Budd, Elle, Vernita, and O'Ren standing over her.

Again, I got three out your five right here. The "A crowd of people stood and stared" was a trip. I did catch that one obviously.

This is just a small list of what I caught. Maybe I had my timing messed up. But it was still eerie when she tapped plate as bell was ringing.

Scorpio Shaping Flow posted in another thread that Pink Floyd did two or three start-points for The Wizard of Oz.

What was really interesting, is that at the end of the movie The Beatles song that was playing, stopped at the end of the credits right at the exact second that the final Miramax logo disappeared, and moreover I allowed The Beatles album to keep playing and the next song that was playing had a cock crowing right at the exact moment that the title menu of the movie came back up, as if the Rooster was reintroducing the title. I must have began with the right starting-point that time.

I can't wait to try some other recommended synchs.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
LOL. I came back to find this thread. I told my friend that this movie sync's well and needed the starting points.

new topics

top topics

join