It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tenet Says He Regrets 'Slam Dunk' Comment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
And the truth shall set you free.

And the body count keeps rising....

Tenet says he regrets 'slam dunk' comment
Thursday, April 28, 2005 Posted: 10:17 AM EDT (1417 GMT)

KUTZTOWN, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Former CIA Director George Tenet said he regretted assuring President Bush in 2002 that he had "slam dunk" evidence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

"Those were the two dumbest words I ever said," Tenet told about 1,300 people at a Kutztown University forum Wednesday.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Here's the link. I forgot to add it.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Now if the rotten ba---- would just admit Cheny and Bush had him wrapped anoud their di---, and was forced to deliver all the other Bull---- intelligence that bush used to take us to war, I'd even let him keep his medal. Tenat will always be remembered as the worst CIA director in it's history--and Bush senior was pretty bad.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
dont have ALL the blame on this man...

save some for bush

he had the final word...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The dumbest decision made by Bush was to holdover this Clinton appointee.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The dumbest decision made by Bush was to holdover this Clinton appointee.

Wow, your good. Now let me try with Ben Affleck.

Ben starred in 'Good Will Hunting' with Matt Damon.

Matt Damon stars in 'Rounders' and Vernon Jordan has a cameo in that movie.

Vernon Jordan was part of President Bill Clinton's cabinet!

Everything can be tied back to Clinton! No wonder he is to blame for everything!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Its so interesting that Tenet can come out now and make such a statement. And not be held accountable.

There is no accountability in BushCo. This is proof.

The sad thing is, there were plenty of CIA analysts who were actually doing their jobs, arguing (to the big brick wall called the machine) there was no WMD threat from Iraq. They were muzzled or run out of the company. BushCo.'s coterie of yes-men were rewarded for their fealty, despite the fact that their actions were traitorous.

How many dead GI's do we now have? If Tenet would have had the balls to tell the truth and stand his ground, those brave men and women would probably still be alive right now.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

How many dead GI's do we now have? If Tenet would have had the balls to tell the truth and stand his ground, those brave men and women would probably still be alive right now.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

Same can be said of Colin Powell....even though he's a military man career wise. I get the impression he would rather not have "made the case" for war in Iraq. So that makes him just as guilty. He should have quit after the first weeks when BushCo. slapped him down.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I used to think the world of Gen. Powell.
Now, I have little use for him. Instead of putting on that dog and pony show at the UN, prior to the war, he should have RESIGNED. That would have been the honorable thing to do. Not to mention a shot across the bow.

new topics

top topics

join