It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

star people

page: 1

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:46 PM
my Grand father is a native american, he often talked about the star people...he also told storys of carvings in the far as i know there was a native american convention on this only a few weeks ago,

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:29 AM
i m a asian native,i ll remember the story is call `TARAKAYANA`= STAR PEOPLE. let see in asia we also do have a story but we call the star people is `ORANG KAYANGAN`.so the question is this story is handed to one generation after another generation.the main point here why would all the website about `EPIC OF THE STAR PEOPLE` is came up to error or the website hangup

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:58 PM
star people!! this is very intresting i have also heard of this convention held in south dakota, badlands
anybody have any more info!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 01:21 AM
I put Star People in Google and I got this site

I would not be surprised if these star people were aliens they saw coming down from the sky ( stars)

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 02:30 AM
The Zuni have tales that parallel the Mayan tales and both have tales of visitors. Some believe they were humanoid and others that the tales are symbolical of a recurring celestial event.
I simply believe.

tut tut

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 06:08 AM
It would be interesting to know what "star" might have signified originally: people with fire/jewellery/headgear/science etc from the perspective of a culture without it/them: people from "over the horizon"- navigators etc.
It may be no more than "Man in the Moon" stuff passed on: who wouldn't speculate about life in the heavens?
On the Malaysian context, I'd be more convinced if the word "bintang" (=star) were there somewhere: "kayangan" doesn't really mean "star" -it's essentially more like "fairyland" or " a beautiful place" and it's a very common word as a place name and in organisations.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 08:23 AM
no you get it wrong in ancient malay langguage
star=bintang yes you are right but kayangan=angkasa lepas it simply means likes outer space or the space region,to who is decended from the sky means the outer space it simply be called as `ORANG KAYANGAN`

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:00 AM
As I noted: what it does not mean is "star" - and "angkasa" is Sanskrit (sky) and does not remotely resemble a possible Malay word. As for "kayangan": it's a common enough element as a place-name ( Indera Kayangan: Perlis in general), resort-name etc. and means -as I pointed out a "fairy-land" translated as the "heavens" only in a "wonderland/paradise" sense -not specifically the stars or skies. Indeed, tales of the fabulous kings and queens of kayangan are common in the tales told at Gawai- especially among the Bidayuh.
As for "ancient Malay": you plainly have access to sources denied to the rest of us: there are 4 old inscriptions and the rest is mediaeval -Islam did a good job of removing pre-Islamic culture.
Nothing is "known" as opposed to "conjectured" about the oldest Malay - if it were, Estragon would know it- he dwellt 8 years among the Santan-boilers.!
However, that is not the point. The point is:- the origin of people in mysterious places and the possible explanations of any tales about them.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:57 AM

Originally posted by Estragon
As I noted: what it does not mean is "star" - and "angkasa" is Sanskrit (sky) and does not remotely resemble a possible Malay word.

I have little respect for authority wielded without respect.
This is why the United States Military, in their infinite wisdom long ago refused to issue me a weapon.
It is also why Uncle Sam has officially retired me, and pays me me to stay at home.
I refer you to friends that are experts.

Thank you. What do you think of the Legendary Quetzacotal, The Bird God! as to being a celestial visitor that shall return or is it Venus finally captured by The Sun God after reducing Mars the God of War to a state of Red Cosmic Dust floating coldy while she burns.
Both lost in the paths they created.
Mythology, you gotta Love It!

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 01:29 PM
tututkamen have you ever heard about alien metal disc
the second ascent happen before 2012 came up please used it.
if you have it too

new topics

top topics