It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XM25 Prototypes To U.S. Army For Testing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think its lame.

I would rather shoot missiles from my bunker. No point walking around with a shrapnel slinger.

Put one on a m113 chassis and remote control it. Fill up the cargo area with grenade rounds and let this thing rip shrapnel grenades for hours on end. That would be useful, other then that I see no point in this 'gun'.

The only use I see inf irearms is protecting your home. I think "soldiers" should be alot more advanced and not actually fighting hand to hand combat.

Mortars and Artillery has been around since war was created. If you cant figure out how to hit people from distance there is no hope for the United States. UAV's with targeting capability (or space satellites) and indirect weapons beats a bunch of hicks spitting tobacco shooting xm25's from 100 yards away from target.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is for the individual soldier are you are not always going to have a Bradley with a 40mm grenade launched near by. Please get its rage right its more than 500meters not 100.
And what are you rambling on about the U.S. not having long range capability?

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I dont care what you say I like it. Look at it this way it represents a step forward in weapon design. The first people to fight against guns probably werent impressed either. They were probably like "look at these idiots bringing sticks to a sword fight". I'm pretty sure their attitude changed once they actually started getting shot at. Don't think according to outdated perceptions "Plastic" is the way of the future.

You gotta love the M79 though but like many other cool weapons before it technology has passed it by. Its a shame though I fell in love with that gun when I saw T2. Lets just say I wish it was legal for me to own one....
Without paying a buttload of licensing fees that is. Yep just a wee bit out of my price range.

<< 1   >>

join