It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VeriChip: The ultimate form of control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
First off I'd like to post an article that was published 2 weeks ago about the VeriChip, here it goes:

U.S. company launches sale of microchip in Mexico that can be implanted in people, used to track health history, identity
By Alonso Soto Joya
ASSOCIATED PRESS
12:38 p.m., July 17, 2003
MEXICO CITY � Borrowing from an idea that allows pet owners to track their dogs and cats, a U.S. company launched Thursday in Mexico the sale of microchips that can be implanted under a person's skin and used to confirm everything from health history to identity.
The microchips, which went on sale last year in the United States, could tap into a growing industry surrounding Mexico's crime concerns. Kidnappings, robberies and fraud are common here, and Mexicans are constantly looking for ways to stay ahead of criminals.
The microchip, the size of a grain of rice, is implanted in the arm or hip and can contain information on everything from a person's blood type to their name. Hospital officials and security guards can use a scanning device to read the chip's information.
In a two-hour presentation, Palm Beach, Florida,-based Applied Digital Solutions Inc. introduced reporters to the VeriChip and used a syringe-like device and local anesthetic to implant a sample in the right arm of employee Carlos Altamirano.
"It doesn't hurt at all," he said. "The whole process is just painless."
Another chip user, Luis Valdez, who is diabetic, said the chip is "as innovative to me as the cell phone."
Antonio Aceves, the director of the Mexican company charged with distributing the chip here, said that in the first year of sales, the company hoped to implant chips in 10,000 people and ensure that at least 70 percent of all hospitals had the technology to read the devices.
One chip costs US$150 and has a US$50 annual fee. The scanning device and related software is US$1200. Users can update and manage their chips' information by calling a 24-hour customer service line.
Similar technology has been used on dogs and cats as a way to identify the pets if they are lost or stolen.
The VeriChip can track subjects who are within 5 miles (8 kilometers), but officials want to develop a new chip that can use satellite technology to track people who are farther away and may have been kidnapped.
While the idea of using the chip to track people has raised privacy concerns in the United States, the idea has been popular with Mexicans, who have been contacting Aceves and asking when the new global positioning chip will be available. The company hopes to have the new anti-kidnapping chip developed by 2003.

Now for those of you who have read through the article, you might have heard the rumors behind this very chip. Some say that this is the chip that will be implanted into humans in order for currency exchange in the future. Others say it is what will put the illuminati in total control of the human race.

Let me just give my two cents here.

It would make perfect sense for the government to back this chip up with funding, simply because of its homing capabilities. Imagine a world where every human being could be located within a split second through a GPS monitoring system. We wouldnt have to worry about Osama's and what not... The government would have ultimate control. Not only that, it would be the only way for people to purchase necesary items for living, like a house, food, clothing....that is, if all current curency is somehow wiped off the face of the earth (like if the money markets fail and the government tricks us into thinking this is our only hope). But not only this can be done through the chip...oh no siree...Microchips can be made to release toxins into the body, it wouldnt be hard. By the press of a button some virus could be unleashed into the bloodstream of a murderer, theif, or just plain old rebel, and within minutes the person would die. Neat little thing this chip is huh? The worst thing about this chip is that there is no way of telling when the government would start using it. It can be implanted simply by a routine checkup at the local drawstation. Think about it, a chip so tiny it can fit perfectly through a cyringe, and get injected into the body this way...no one would know. Its pretty scary stuff when you think about it. The only way to thwart the governments plans is for a mass rebellion against it, because surely if they kill everyone in the world because no one accepts the chip, then they will destroy themselves as well.....which means that when the chip is ready to be implanted into humans...it would probably be better if no one knew.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This chip is nothing new, per se', and there are other such types throughout the world. Whether or not they are implanted or used in "identification cards, passports, etc., its future is real. Can anyone say "Welcome to the New Brave World?"

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Some people could use it. Especially those who have a tendency to get lost and need to be found.

Of course you have some conspiracy kooks out there who see this as some sort of new world order conspiracy to keep everyone under the watchful eye of big brother.

As for me I don't mind being lost and a micro-chip implant would be a nuisance.
That way I can avoid being found by those wanting something out of me.
Being a rich relative with family members trying to seek financial aid all the time is one reason why I would rather
not have one.

The loneliness of obscurity or anonymity is bliss.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
This chip is nothing new, per se', and there are other such types throughout the world. Whether or not they are implanted or used in "identification cards, passports, etc., its future is real. Can anyone say "Welcome to invasion of privacy?"

regards
seekerof

Fixed!

lets try another one.....

This chip is nothing new, per se', and there are other such types throughout the world. Whether or not they are implanted or used in "identification cards, passports, etc., its future is real. Can anyone say "Welcome to a loss of your constitutional rights?"

regards
seekerof

fixed again.

one more....

This chip is nothing new, per se', and there are other such types throughout the world. Whether or not they are implanted or used in "identification cards, passports, etc., its future is real. Can anyone say "Welcome to being tracked constantly?"

regards
seekerof

and another...

This chip is nothing new, per se', and there are other such types throughout the world. Whether or not they are implanted or used in "identification cards, passports, etc., its future is real. Can anyone say "Welcome to being branded like cattle?"

regards
seekerof

and again...

This chip is nothing new, per se', and there are other such types throughout the world. Whether or not they are implanted or used in "identification cards, passports, etc., its future is real. Can anyone say "Welcome to the being one of the herd (of sheeple)?"

regards
seekerof

i dont see any good coming out of this. period.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Cyber-chums, we did this to death some time during the presidency of Van Buren. Go digging in Relig&Spit.
Veri-chip was a dubious product from a shaky company designed to part less cerebral dog-owners from their money.

top topics

join